Can anyone validate this experience?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can anyone validate this experience?

Post by Shan on Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:48 pm

I've read lately that some of you experience waking up with a certain word that you've never heard of before and later after researching it, found out that it is a real word.

Well, I get names of people (first and last) that I've never met or heard of before. I usually get them in the morning while getting ready, but I get them at other times too. I immediately pray for this person although God doesn't tell me what to pray, so sometimes I pray for them in the spirit.

I've never thought of myself as an intercessor or considered myself to have this gift (if it is indeed a gift, I've heard that it is and that it isn't). Does anyone else get names of people you've never met?

Just wondering...

Shan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Can anyone validate this experience?

Post by dreamster on Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:53 pm

hmmm not so much names but a werd frm a verse ,,which let 2 a scrip, um we undaestimate our ability 2 move in spirit realms, id jus flow as u r, ,,,,,,,, bak in 15 lol!

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gracee (lionhgirl) on Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:56 am

I was once praying for my friend Geoff, and accidently said 'chef' and thought it was really really strange. It was only later that I found out he had a chef friend who was staying with him, who was also intercessing for Geoff. So yes I totally agree!

gracee (lionhgirl)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daphanie02 on Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:48 pm

Yes...me too. I always pray for them. I also see faces at night while drifting off to sleep. Makes me wonder if there are other people across the world that the Lord has pray for me in my time of need. He is so good!

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO LOST IN GOD THAT A MAN MUST SEEK HIM FIRST IN ORDER TO FIND HER

daphanie02
Supporting Member/Senior Coordinator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shan on Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:38 pm

Thanks dreamster, gracee and Daph! This has only happened within the past year and for some reason I didn't think it to be odd until I considered others' posts about getting words unknown to them. I then thought, "Hmm...I wonder if others get names too?"

That's cool Daph that you see faces! I'll have to ask the Lord for that! Do you get specifics on what to pray? I never thought of the possibility of someone getting my name too! Lol!

Shan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephanie44 on Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:43 pm

Absolutely the Holy Spirit could be giving you names ...

I've had a couple of experiences where I got names for people I saw but didn't know, then found out later that it really was their name. Yes, the Holy Spirit can do that!

I also had a dream about someone in a family I was praying for whose name I didn't know. One of my college professors came up and told me her name was such-and-such, and then her real name turned out to be very close to that name (I found out years later). Kind of cool when that happens!

Stephanie44

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shan on Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:08 pm

Thanks so much, Stephanie! I had no doubt as to how the Holy Spirit chooses manifest Himself, but I guess I had doubts as to if I was hearing correctly. Your response and that of others has helped confirm that it is not just me.

Many blessings to you,

Shannon

Shan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daphanie02 on Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:59 pm

Shan wrote:Thanks dreamster, gracee and Daph! This has only happened within the past year and for some reason I didn't think it to be odd until I considered others' posts about getting words unknown to them. I then thought, "Hmm...I wonder if others get names too?"

That's cool Daph that you see faces! I'll have to ask the Lord for that! Do you get specifics on what to pray? I never thought of the possibility of someone getting my name too! Lol!

Yes, sometimes in the visions I see what I should be praying for...other times I just pray for the faces lol

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO LOST IN GOD THAT A MAN MUST SEEK HIM FIRST IN ORDER TO FIND HER

daphanie02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dove-Solutions on Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:59 am

Yes I must agree. I have dreamt of people that I have never met before but just start praying for them even in my dreams. Other times I see a face....some I know but most I do not and I know it is my call to pray for them. I like you pray in the spirit right away for those I don't know and pray the same way even for those I do know.

Love in Jesus,

Connie

~Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Himand He will direct your path.~ Proverbs 3:5-6

Dove-Solutions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shan on Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:25 am

Thanks, Connie. Lots of confirmation!

Shan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 2:32 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top