House of Maggots

View previous topic View next topic Go down

House of Maggots

Post by gizzismama on Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:06 am

Hi there. I had this dream a few days ago and it has stayed lingering on my mind, it has become downright troublesome. I seem to have a sense of what it may be connected to but it is hard to see it clear. I had this dream a day after I received some bad news at our church. We were told by our Senior Pastor that due to financial difficulties a decision was made to let go of the childrens pastor. We have four young children this will impact, so I was pretty upset as were they about the news. Here is the dream...

I am walking through a house (not my own) I am looking at the floors throughout the house and I am seeing maggots everywhere. I try to brush them aside with my foot but they just seem to multiply. I walked through the bedrooms, the dining room and the a patio area and they were just everywhere. I remember thinking to myself "There is no way they are going to be able to keep their kids here like this" (I think I was inspecting this house, a few years ago I used to work as a foster care worker and part of my job was to inspect homes to be sure they were suitable for a child/children to remain in our return to) The dream ends. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. My sense is this may be connected to our church situation. As dreams go, I have to say that it was pretty dark. I mean there are dreams I have had that have been bright and colorful. This one seemed dark, and the light in the home was pretty dim, I had to really look close to see the maggots, I saw them better as I approached to patio where there was light from the outdoors. Thanks much
In Him
Chrissy

gizzismama

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: House of Maggots

Post by dreamster on Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:34 pm

wen u get no color drms they can be frm the soul or the enemy,,may be its an intimidation,flies are a pik of things unklean bandaid D let me kno

a merry heart, does good likea medicene, [ new international dee version,NIDV]

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gizzismama on Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:47 pm

There definitely was color, just very little light (In the home everything seem muted in color). It was kinda like an older home that maybe had no overhead lighting, all lamps. Very dim. When I went out towards the patio, there was light and much more color because I was looking outdoors. Even saw the sky and some trees.

gizzismama

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamster on Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:35 pm

hmmm ok,,maybe theres stuff that needs cleaning 'in house' so to speak.. flower

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gizzismama on Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:15 pm

In whose house is the question. If the house is my own, well that is always the case, nothing new there. My husband and I are raising four children, all adopted, all with special needs due to abuse and neglect suffered as young children. There are always spiritual issues we must deal with. Cleaning "house" is done daily through prayer and scripture reading as a family and a couple. I even have to keep an eye on what my older children bring into the home, it is amazing how easy unclean things slip in.
Is there any possiblity that the the house in the dream could represent our church? As symbols go, I was pretty clear on the fact that maggots are unclean or bad. In fact, I remember a story in the bible where worms actually caused the death of Herod. Not as clear on what a "house" represents. If the house could represent our church, then the fact that it is dim, would definitely not be good. I seem to remember somthing in Revelation about the lampstands being taken away from a church. Not sure which one, must study more,,hmmm thinking

gizzismama

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamster on Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:20 pm

um i guess you hav a ;feeling' if your church is on track or not, is it possable to discuss the drm wiv your pastor ,in confidence, Scratch Chin flower u sure do hav alot on your plate :whew: :whew: :whew:

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Halo on Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:33 pm

Chrissy, You are right in the begining (not my own), it is the Church. In response to your dream, this is waht is called a "canker". Maggots perform a job like that of rust, gaingrene, that in which eateth up, devoring process. In 2 Tim. 2:16-17, But shun profane and vain (worthless talk) babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.
17, And their word will eat (spread) as a canker (cancer): of whom is Hymeneus and Philetus.

What Paul is talking about here is this: He is telling Tim. that the people are having hair-splitting debates. Eat as doth a Canker ("like gaingrene"): Useless bickering is a dangerous cancer that destroys the church. The maggots are symbolic for "canker". By inspecting the house is called "deserning out" as by to investigate, probe, to hold a trial and jury, looking through out. These things are spiritual.

The Lord is bringing you closer into the light, to that in which is been manafested in the dark. It sure sounds like to me, The Holy Ghost has exposed and revealed some shady issues to you, concerning these matters. Due to your diligence with these children, Faith, Prayer, I commend You. It involves a total effort of mind, emotion, will.

Keep on studying Rightly dividing the Word of Truth. During the mean time, We will be a Praying here for you and your Church. If we be faithful over a few things, He'll make us rulers over many!!!!

Halo :book:

Halo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dove-Solutions on Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:48 am

Amen to that Halo. I was reading this and getting the same thing. God is so good.

Love in Jesus,

Connie :cmere:

~Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Himand He will direct your path.~ Proverbs 3:5-6

Dove-Solutions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gizzismama on Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:21 pm

Oh what a relief, thank you so much. I am so grateful. My husband wants very much to just leave this church and go to another that is smaller, yet within the same church denomination. I have been hesitant to agree because of this dream. I will share this with him and and we will seek God and His direction. I am certain that the root of this is the decision to let go of the childrens pastor. Many people are upset about this. Unfortunately, I have deep concerns as well, I have been praying that the motives are pure. I have also been praying that the Senior Pastor recieve a revelation or word from the Lord to confirm or make His will known. As you might imagine, it is extremely important to me who is placed in leadership over my children. Thank you so much again praiseGod

gizzismama

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HisLightbeam on Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:11 pm

I am of the opinion also about the maggots, it's about corruption. For instance, alcohol and drug abuse that corrupts the body and kills it. Good that it is not your house. Bad for those who stay. Listen to your husband.

HisLightbeam
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 8:06 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top