Shoes for Everyone

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Shoes for Everyone

Post by writer4him on Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:30 am

Greetings all!

Last night I dreamed I had gone shoe shopping for my4 teens at a small store. I didn't have much money and had a hard time finding shoes that reflected everyone's tastes--in real life, we usually get what we can afford, so this was different. I climbed a step ladder to check out the top shelf and found two pairs of black, patent leather little girl shoes that had been hidden among the grownup styles. I brought them down and a woman appeared exclaiming how she had been searching in vain for shoes exactly like these. She thanked me and took the shoes to the counter. I finally found shoes for 3 of my 4 children and spent $32.00-nearly all of my meager funds. I felt so sad that I couldn't buy my daughter a pair of shoes.
Someone told us to go to the resale shop in the adjacent shopping center and i left with a sinking feeling about the selection we might find there. The kids and I decided to race one another across the grassy lot between the shopping centers by skipping only. We were having a great time and laughing when my husband suddenly appeared; but he was apart from us and was trying to skip as we did and looked very uncomfortable doing so.
We reached the resale shop and I was dismayed to see that it was about the size of my living room. A elderly woman was busy behind the counter when we entered. I looked at the single shoe-rack's worn and tattered offerings in disappointment. I moved a pair and was shocked to find two $20s and one $5. I remember feeling sad because i pictured someone placing the bills down and accidentally covering them with the old shoes shoes then never finding the money again. I took the bills to the counter and explained how I had found them; she thanked me and put the money away. As I turned away, she called me back and said, "Here." She placed 5 $100 bills in my hand and wouldn't take them back.

I thanked her and we went back to the shoe storehere; there was now a pair of shoes that I knew my daughter would like and I was able to purchase them. I even bought a pair for myself!

writer4him

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Shoes for Everyone

Post by Jasmine on Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:41 am

I think the finding the money part symbolizes you doing the right thing and having good done back to you (or God giving back to you). I am not an interpreter so throw away what I said if it doesn't fit. Shoes are a foot covering. Maybe it means that you are helping your children in their christian walk. The lack of money could symbolize you feeling that at times you can't lead them in their walk. This is just my thoughts throw away if you feel they are wrong.

Jasmine
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by writer4him on Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:52 pm

I work in a financial institution storage site that processes and stores canceled checks, etc. After 45 days, the work is destroyed. Occasionally there are banking center/teller errors that we must research such as missing deposit/checks. Twice in the past 9 months I have found cash that was mistakenly bundled with checks and sent to our storage site. The first happened during week one on my new job---I found 2 twenty dollar bills in a bundle of checks and I took the money to my team leader as I was in the vault alone at the time and we had not been trained in procedures for cash discovery. The second time was last month; I found a 5 dollar bill and immediately alerted my co-workers per procedures.

writer4him

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 3:20 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top