The Rope Swing On The River

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Rope Swing On The River

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:24 am

In this dream, I was at my old retail job. I had just arrived and was meeting with the store manager before our day began. There was an employee with us whom I do not recognize - in fact, I may not have really looked at this person in the dream. And then, just before our meeting, another employee arrived who did used to work there with me. This guy looked a bit sleepy, and was still wearing his PJ's. I made a comment to him about his clothes, saying, "Just wake up, Chris?" He acknowledged that he did.

The store manager told Chris that the original plan for his day was changed. He was supposed to train a new employee, but was going to straighten up the Domestics department (towels, rugs, pillows, etc.) with the head of that area - a woman named Patty. The rest of us were being sent home. The reason for this was because of a shortage of something. The store would remain open, but with minimal staffing until we received in whatever it was that we were missing. In real life, this wouldn't make sense in a store; but, this has happened in the factory that I work in, presently. So, I headed home.

The scene changed, and I was speaking with another manager from the store. This is the 2nd dream where I've chatted with this lady, also named Patti. See my other dream, if interested: http://miasherwood.forumotion.net/t17007-i-never-really-liked-you This Patti had still been required to work on our day off since she was the manager who would close the store. For brief moment, I was alarmed that I had missed more than the single day that we were supposed to be gone, but I was relieved to find out that this wasn't the case.

Final scene change: It was still my day off, and I was now standing along the edge of the river that runs through my city in real life. In fact, I was just down the road from my parents' house. I held a tangled piece of rope in my hands. I looked up, and I saw that the rope was attached to two trees. I really looked this over, closely, and I knew that my stepdad had done this. In fact, I was a little amazed at how he had thought to put this rope swing in place. In real life, this man is incredibly handy, and I'm always amazed at the things he makes. So, I looked up some more, recognizing that he had put extra effort into securing the rope to the trees. There were multiple spots were the rope was attached, making the swing that much more secure. I went back to the piece that I held in my hands, and I untangled it. The rope was a little thin compared to what I would have expected in a rope swing, but I decided that I would go with it. I suddenly got the desire to use it. I was going to take a few steps back, then run forward and swing out over the river. I looked at the river, itself, and it was actually clear up by the water's edge. In real life, this is a muddy river. So, with that, I took a few steps back to prepare to swing.

Then my real life phone alerted me with a text message and I woke up. :(

Any thoughts to share? I actually have some thoughts about the rope swing portion.
-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Rope Swing On The River

Post by Grey Butterfly on Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:29 pm

Hi Mark :o)

Its a shame you didn't get to use the swing, sounds like fun.

In the first parts, I hear boredom and disorder and you being under utilised... also that someone who is less diligent and focussed is possibly being used instead of you? (Chris)

I like the swing part, it seems to me there is a purity (clean water) in this part, a care and attention to detail. Someone else has set this up for you, you just have to untangle it... it may not look as strong as you would hope (thin rope) but you believe it will hold you and you trust the person who put it there.

You know I am not an interpreter Mark. :o)

I just thought I'd read one of your dreams, since you are always so helpful with mine. :o)

Blessings, Diane

Grey Butterfly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:07 pm

Grey Butterfly wrote:In the first parts, I hear boredom and disorder and you being under utilised... also that someone who is less diligent and focussed is possibly being used instead of you? (Chris)

Oh, this is good, Diane. Thank you for this. This fits my circumstances at work on most days, and there are a couple people in a capacity similar to my own that don't work at diligently as I do - not boasting, just stating a fact!

For the rope swing part - I'm certainly in a place where I'm aware of how thin the rope may seem, but I'm gradually moving into that place where I understand just who it is who created this for me to use, and that His craftsmanship is trustworthy. Sometimes the trust part isn't easy.

Thanks much,
-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:15 pm

Oh my...just a follow up. I'm pretty sure that Chris is literal in this one. He and I haven't been close or anything since high school, but he is a Facebook friend. I just found out that his 4 month old son had heart surgery on Monday. I wouldn't have known other than reading a general post of what's going on, which I did AFTER having this dream.

I'm confident that THAT part of the dream was a call to pray for him/his family. He has every reason to be tired, as he's been staying at the children's hospital all this time.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grey Butterfly on Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:26 pm

Wow Mark,

I'm glad I was able to help :o)

Trust is a very hard one... I agree. It really is the only thing we have, that is all our own, to give Him though... isn't it?

I pray that Chris and his family get the rest they need, I pray their son recovers and is handed back to them whole and healthy....

Isn't God good that he points things out for us to partner with him!

Blessings to you :o)

Diane

Grey Butterfly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 8:36 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top