Clear Water vs. Dirty Water

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Clear Water vs. Dirty Water

Post by Cholette on Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:24 am

Im standing on the shore of a beach and the waves that are coming in, the water seems a bit muddy...not clear. I've had dreams where the water was clear, almost translucent. The scene changes and I'm in the water attempting to jump the waves, but instead the waves push me and the others further out from the shore.

What do you think? scratching chin

Do not fight FOR victory, but fight FROM THE PLACE of victory. Jesus has ALREADY won the battle!

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Clear Water vs. Dirty Water

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:48 am

Hi, Cholette -

Is there anything before you where you don't have complete clarity on how to handle the situation? I wonder if this is a warning dream so you can avoid it, entirely.

Once you were actually in the situation, your attempted actions resulted in you getting pulled further into the issue.

Since others were pulled in as well, this could be something related to a larger group of people than just yourself. Maybe work or church-related, just as an idea.

Again, just my thoughts. Any feelings about this dream?
Blessings,
-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:59 pm

Thank you Mark! I had a BAAAAAD day yesterday...Lots of discouraging thoughts and hopelessness. It came and then it left. During that time, lots of confusion came in and I began questioning the things that I believed. I had this dream at night.

I believe you are right. The water and the lack of clarity represents where I am now. The wave pushing us backwards concerns me because I am leading a group of people in my church and my Pastor told us in our leadership training that when our lives are on track, the peoples lives will be on track. When our lives are not on track, neither will theirs.

My feelings in the dream are a bit vague. I remember feeling a bit concerned that instead of being able to jump the wave, it was pushing us backwards.

nerd

Do not fight FOR victory, but fight FROM THE PLACE of victory. Jesus has ALREADY won the battle!

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:35 pm

Cholette wrote:My Pastor told us in our leadership training that when our lives are on track, the peoples lives will be on track. When our lives are not on track, neither will theirs.

I just wanted to say that only you and the Lord know if your life is on track. You know what He's called you into. This dream could be an invitation to seek Him about where you're headed...but not to cause you to doubt, you know?

You also said that you were under some serious attack during that day - confusion and doubt. Could the dream be a soulish one, coming out of the emotions of the day? Just something else to consider.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:17 am

Makes LOTS of sense!!! Thanks so much!!

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by owen on Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:45 pm

Cholette wrote:Im standing on the shore of a beach and the waves that are coming in, the water seems a bit muddy...not clear. I've had dreams where the water was clear, almost translucent. The scene changes and I'm in the water attempting to jump the waves, but instead the waves push me and the others further out from the shore.

If I can remember it right, you are part of a music team right? Sometimes, a body of water may represent a mass of people. leading people to the presence of God in a corporate worhip somehow requires a clear mind and a serene heart with spirit and soul focused on Him, otherwise, the people's negative thoughts and emotion might influence and overwhelm the people leading songs. I think that's what your dream is all about.

owen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:02 pm

owen wrote:
Cholette wrote:Im standing on the shore of a beach and the waves that are coming in, the water seems a bit muddy...not clear. I've had dreams where the water was clear, almost translucent. The scene changes and I'm in the water attempting to jump the waves, but instead the waves push me and the others further out from the shore.

If I can remember it right, you are part of a music team right? Sometimes, a body of water may represent a mass of people. leading people to the presence of God in a corporate worhip somehow requires a clear mind and a serene heart with spirit and soul focused on Him, otherwise, the people's negative thoughts and emotion might influence and overwhelm the people leading songs. I think that's what your dream is all about.

EXACTLY! I am the elder over the worship singers and band. I'm not actually singing anymore because it was difficult to lead them and sing with them. These are the people I was thinking that were in the water with me, even though I didn't see their faces.

It's interesting that the singers and band struggled today after not struggling like this in the past. I'm not getting down on myself, but I do have to remember that my life and what goes on in it doesn't just affect me anymore. wow

Thanks Owen!!

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by owen on Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:27 pm

you go girl!

owen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamster on Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:45 pm

thumbs on target :goodpost: owern, ,,,,,,,,, soldier genD

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamster on Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:51 pm

scratching chin i kno this fits ur current situ but wen i read it b4 readg da replys i thort it pertained 2 ur ministry trip, standg at the shore ,,a grt oppertunity b4 u, that kood be overwelming, nerd an that thers hurdles 2 jump ova, Cheering ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, sweet dreams 2 D,,at one wiv da beach, lol!

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Deborah on Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:49 pm

Just my two cents here--years ago, I had a revelation about dirty water. I was thinking of Ephesians 5:25 and 26 where it says Christ loved the church and gave Himself for her that He might sancitfy and cleanse her with the washing of water by the word. In my spirit, the Holy Spirit showed me dirty water. I asked Him what it meant and He said His Word is pure and healing, but when people's flesh gets in the way (such as mingling man-made tradition with the pure Word) His Word becomes polluted and instead of bringing healing and refreshing it brings infection into the body.

I agree with your pastor too about a leader's sins affecting his or her followers. Just yesterday I realized I started struggling with a particular sin when I came under the leadership of a person who struggles with that same sin. I am not saying I'm guiltless for that reason--I still made my own choices, but I am saying it made me more vulnerable.

Deborah
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:14 pm

Thanks D and Deborah!

D, I believe this dream is more about a spiritual condition/position than a place. The main focus was the dirty water, while standing at the shore. The main focus after being in the water was the wave knocking us backwards. I just remembered something else about this dream...I was trying to tell everyone how to jump the wave, but it was pushing me further out. That has leadership written all over it.

Deborah, that is a great scripture...I will meditate on it a little more to see if God can speak more on this to me. This leadership thing is a HUGE responsibility.. sigh I never was one of those people who looked for leadership, its just one of those things that happen. Lord help me!!!

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamster on Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:25 pm

ok,, i feel ya, ugh,, sum thangs jus dont change

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 5:58 pm

Sponsored content