Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
daisychain

can satan give us confirmation that we've asked god for?

hello everyone. please can someone tell me if satan can give us the confirmation that we've asked god for to try and trick us?

Hi, Daisychain. This is a very good question, and I don't think that I know the answer...but I want to see what other people say. I do want to throw a few verses out there that lead me to answer with "maybe."

2 Corinthians 11:14 says that "Satan disguises himself as an angel of light."

Looking for signs as confirmation gives an opportunity for a counterfeit. Look at Exodus 7 and 8 with Moses and Pharoah's magicians. They both turned water to blood. They both changed their staves into snakes (yes, Moses's snake did eat theirs, though). They both caused frogs to cover the land. And Pharoah had been asking to see miracles.

Interestingly, the competition stopped at the Plague of Gnats, as it says that the magicians were unable to duplicate that one. From there, onward, Moses (actually, the Lord) was unrivalled.

Now, for my own personal experience - I sought after signs for a potential change in my life. And, sure enough, I saw the signs that I was seeking. So, I took steps to pursue the change. However, at the "moment of truth," where my next step would cross a point of no return, I didn't follow through....because I didn't have peace.

Jesus is the Prince of Peace. And, after all my rambling on, my thoughts may be that Satan may not be able to reproduce peace. This is where I have to let someone else confirm for me, if this is the case.

-Mark

Hi daisychain!

The scripture that's heard is:

My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. (John 10:27)

This scripture is not just about hearing His actual voice per se, but it's also in every way God speaks to us, His Children. We understand perceive and know every form of God's voice and we follow Him.

Now that we are under the new Covenant, we have God's very own Spirit living inside of us and because of this, we know the way God is leading us. Like Mark said, it's the peace of God that is your key as to if something is of God and it should not be something difficult. What makes it difficult is when we think that the devil has just as much power as God does. If we think that, we will confuse ourselves.

I'm not talking too much about the devil here because I think that is where we get thrown off. The more we think about what he COULD POSSIBLY be doing, the more we empower him in our minds...and confuse ourselves. We have to understand that God won't allow us, his precious children, to ask a question for confirmation and then be taken for a ride by the enemy. Focus more on God's love for you and His ability to confirm His Word to you and you will discern it...in and with peace.

Blessings

Thank you both for your replies. I seem to be at a low point in my life right now, i feel like God is far away and i wish i could feel closer to him but i just dont, im hoping things will change in my life, ive asked for confirmation on two seperate things and i think he has gave them to me but i just feel like satan is trying to trick me and give me false hope. my head is all over the place i feel mentally exhausted. sometimes i wish god would just take me from this life but i love my two children very much and i know i have to stay for them.

holy moly Ohhhhhhh nooooo! You are right in place...especially with the confusion the enemy is trying to throw your way.

What I want for you to do is to sit in front of the Bible and then ask God for a scripture to confirm. When you aren't sure, ask God for a scripture. I know it may be hard to read the Bible in the state that you are in right now, but push your way and he will meet you...just wait for him.

I'm praying for you because I know how you feel...trust me!!

daisychain wrote:
Thank you both for your replies. I seem to be at a low point in my life right now, i feel like God is far away and i wish i could feel closer to him but i just dont, im hoping things will change in my life, ive asked for confirmation on two seperate things and i think he has gave them to me but i just feel like satan is trying to trick me and give me false hope. my head is all over the place i feel mentally exhausted. sometimes i wish god would just take me from this life but i love my two children very much and i know i have to stay for them.

Hi daisychain,

I have learned in the past that regardless of how I feel, tthe word of God remains the same.....He will never leave us nor forsake us...... whether we feel it or not. I believe that's the truth.

I also believe in this verse....

Psa 34:17 The righteous cry, and the LORD heareth, and delivereth them out of all their troubles.
Psa 34:18 The LORD is nigh to them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as are of a contrite spirit.
Psa 34:19 Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the LORD delivereth him out of them all.

Take hold of it.

Owen, I love Psalm 34!!! I think it will become my heart Psalm after all I've been thru with it!! Daisychain, my prayer is that the Lord is with you, keeps you and grants you peace.

Hi Daisy;

Was in the exact same place last year! My advice is stay in the word, it will be a lamp to your path! ( Even if its just reading your favourite Psalms over and over again) If you stick with it, it will clear the confusion and anchor you so that you even come out stronger! Spend time in worship, whatever you do dont let go of Him (God) coz He is all you have and He knows how to bring you out into the Light!
see Micah 7v 9b - 10:

He will bring me out into the light;
I will see his righteousness.
10 Then my enemy will see it
and will be covered with shame,
she who said to me,
“Where is the Lord your God?”
My eyes will see her downfall;
even now she will be trampled underfoot
like mire in the streets.

Stay blessed!

Hi!

I think this is exactly true. I've asked God over a lot of things and since I know God answers me in dreams most of the time. Like God lets me see His point of view but then Satan connects a bad vision. Like one example is that God told me there is going to be a misunderstanding between all my friends and that I should keep calm. (I asked God what to do and he used my friend to tell me to pray about it.) Then Satan sends me a dream that connects to it saying I should try to voice out what I want to say because the other person made a mistake. So in that small misunderstanding God wanted me to let it go since people will get hurt. But again Satan disguises himself as my father, he talked in a calm voice saying it's okay to loose your friends, they come and go. Like he gives you that false assurance. Then you can fall for it if you don't pray about it. That was one of the lessons our Daddy gave me. To pray over warnings before it happens because we loose love when we're supposed to multiply in love.

-Chay :)

daisychain wrote:
Thank you both for your replies. I seem to be at a low point in my life right now, i feel like God is far away and i wish i could feel closer to him but i just dont.

Hey Daisychain, I don't have anything to add for your initial question, but this part stuck out for me.. I used to always think feeling far away from God meant that I'd done something wrong, until someone told me it's not a bad thing! It's not a measure of how close He is, or how much He loves you.. You just miss Him and his presence, and that's a good thing, it's a good hunger to have. Imagine if you didn't miss his presence? This just proves you really love him :) Like Owen said, He will never leave you, ever. But I'm sorry it feels that way. And like the others have posted, I hope you'll find comfort in the words of the Bible, even when you can't necessarily feel it. I know all this pain/discomfort won't be in vain, the view from the other side will be so sweet!!

Thank you everyone for your advice. I did think at one point i need a break from god to sort my head out, but a couple of days went by and i missed him so much i had to come back hee hee im just praying that god gives me peace about the things that im worrying about i know with his help i can work through this.