Jelly shoes, dirty hands, encouraging a friend, alarm clock, and Bono from U2!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Jelly shoes, dirty hands, encouraging a friend, alarm clock, and Bono from U2!!

Post by Daisy on Fri May 25, 2012 4:31 am

Had a dream I was at this place. Seemed like it was part retail store, part child care. I had my niece with me, and my two kids. The girls seen these shoes that were for sale, they were like plastic, sort of like the jelly shoes that were popular in the 80's when I was a kid. lol! Of course my daughter loved them in the dream. Her and her cousin kept looking at them..they had all different colors. I picked them up and decided I wasn't going to buy them, bc they didnt seem like they would last that long. They weren't very durable to me, and I was thinking of how hard my daughter plays on the playground and I didn't see these shoes offering enough protection for her feet. I thought that a stick could easily go through the bottom of these flimbsy shoes.

As the girls are looking at the shoes, someone comes up to me and says, 'If you want a chance to say hello to Bono (singer from U2) you better do it now before anyone notices its him.' Before it could even register in my brain, he had to start running at top speed bc the crowd of people were starting to chase him. I felt disappointed that I didn't get to talk to him, but it was pretty cool that I got to see him up so close. I somehow knew he was there for some kind of charity event.

In the middle of this room was a sort of child center. Though I didn't leave my kids there without me, my son was playing and drawing as I was staying in the area. He somehow got a pencil that smelled horrible, which made his hands smell yucky. As I was going to take him to the restroom to get him washed up, one of the teachers was not understanding what I was trying to do and kept saying that he was fine. I said, 'No he is not fine, we need to wash his hands'. She still was insisting that we didn't need to leave for anything, that he was fine. I had to be blunt with her after trying to handle her sweetly the first couple attempts. I flat out said, 'That pencil he was using smells like poop and he needs to wash his hands!' Then she got the point, and quit trying to convince me he was fine. She wasn't holding us captive or anything, for some reason though I had to explain to her why we were leaving the childcare area.

While we were in the bathroom washing hands, I bumped into a friend of mine that is going through a really hard time right now in her waking life. I find it odd I didn't ask her how she was doing...though she didn't hesitate to fill me in. I hugged her, and she said that she was not doing well at all, things are really hard right now for her. I remember encouraging her, and telling her that God was going to come through for her. I said with so much certainty within my heart, 'This is going to be a testimony of God and His goodness, that will bless so many people with your testimony!' At some point in the bathroom I had a cordless portable alarm clock in my hands. It was blue and a little dusty. I said to my friend that this was my husbands when he was on the road for sales, when he had to sleep in his car.

As we came out of the bathroom, the girls were still looking at those darn jelly shoes. I said to another mom (we used to go to church together) who's daughters were also looking at them, 'I think we are going to have to buy a pair of those before we leave today.' I thought to myself, I just wouldn't let my daughter play in them, they could just be for looks or for running errands with me.

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Jelly shoes, dirty hands, encouraging a friend, alarm clock, and Bono from U2!!

Post by Daisy on Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:05 am

Flower Power

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top