Going to hospital for the purpose of visiting someone

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Going to hospital for the purpose of visiting someone

Post by Jazzy on Tue May 22, 2012 7:59 am

I had a dream I went a hospital I've never been in before. I was walking with someone I felt I knew, but I don't remember who they were since waking. We were walking down a very well-lit hallway in the hospital with the intention to visit someone, but I didn't know who. We approached an intersection in the hospital, and the female I was with said she spotted my husband in a distance that was left and perpendicular to our direction. I was smiling really hard and I stopped walking to wait for him because he didn't see me. I was still smiling although he was walking with a cane and very slowly as if he was an elderly person. In my dream it wasn't a shocker to see him that way like that was normal. He still didn't see me, and he stopped at the information to ask for directions. I instead kept walking and went into the first room on my right to wash my hands. There was a man laying in a hospital bed directly in front of the door in the room as if someone was about to push him out. I saw his face and thought it was my father. It startled me in my dream because my father passed 2.5 years ago, so why would I see him in my dream. My perception changed and I realized it wasn't him, it was someone else. I continued walking in the room to get to the bathroom that was on the right. Now the room was set up almost like a bank with the glass windows in front of the workers' desks. The one guy I saw was on the phone to the left, but he didn't mind me using the bathroom. He just glanced at me then continued talking on the phone. I made it to the bathroom to wash my hands. The dream ended.
----------------------------
In reality I found out Sunday morning that my paternal great-aunt passed in the hospital, it was my father's mother's sister. I wonder if that's the cause for the hospital dream? I still don't understand why my husband looked so ill. What that feeling related to was the time before my father passed because my father walked exactly how my husband walked in my dream. I was always happy to see my father although he was sick. Initially I thought I would breakdown, but I was okay, smiling and happy like in the dream.

Jazzy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Going to hospital for the purpose of visiting someone

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Thu May 24, 2012 10:09 am

Hi, Jazzy -

Just a few of my own thoughts, here... Hospitals can be literal, or symbolic for a place of healing...like a church. My first thoughts were that you'd soon encounter someone (at church) whose walk (as in, spiritual walk) may be similarily weak/frail like the elderly image in the dream. Being your husband, this could be a brother/sister in Christ. In the dream, this person was looking for direction. This could be what they're searching for in real life.

For the rest of the dream, you were looking to wash your hands. This could be symbolic for cleansing yourself of something, or giving something up (washing your hands of it). The bank setting reminds me of entrusting something to the Lord to care for, similar to how we do with our money. An exchange is made through prayer. What the something is, I can't be sure. Perhaps it relates to your father. Perhaps it's something entirely different.

Only some thoughts to consider.
-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jazzy on Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:57 am

Hi Mark, sorry it has taken me a while to respond. As for the 2nd part of my dream, I do have a problem with entrusting things with people. I do however trust the Lord because at those low points in life I knew He was all I had when nobody else understood or knew the right things to say. Sometimes I try to regain trust with people, but I think I try too hard by setting high standards. When they don't meet the standards, I feel let down but always remember that I should trust and depend on the Lord, not on the help of others. Otherwise, I wouldn't be where I am today!

I also wanted to mention I had two other dreams in a hospital setting this week. In the first one, I was going to visit my husband in his hospital room. I was excited to see how he was doing. As I walked around the corner, I heard loud cheering coming from his room. I wondered what was going on. I slowly walked into the room; there were 2 other patients in his room and they also had a couple guests each. They were still applauding something, and I saw my husband laying on his bed, his bed was in the middle of the room between the two other patients. I saw him laying there with his eyes closed looking very stiffly and I thought he passed. I said no this cannot be! He slowly opened his eyes, and I became overjoyed. I went to kiss him on his lips, and it felt amazing and I knew he also liked it although he was highly sedated and stiff.

In another hospital dream I had this week, it was as if I was working in the ER room. I had to deliver medications and IV fluids all over the hospital. Another job of mine was to type orders for the patients in the hospital. I thought I was typing the orders extremely slowly for the high demand we had. Next, I had to switch jobs and deliver the meds and fluids. After I finished delivering the meds, I went back to the computer and saw another girl (we used to work together about 3 years ago and she actually did order entry) typing orders. I saw she was going even slower than I was, so I didn't feel as bad. In this dream there were other things that happened as I delivered the meds but I cannot remember because I didn't record my dream. Any thoughts?

Jazzy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:28 pm

Hi, Jazzy -

I'm sorry as well that I didn't respond to your response right away. :)

Looking at your two new dreams, I still see the hospital as a place of healing - and this could still be a church-related thing. You'd know for sure. To me, I see it more in the 2nd of the two dreams. For that dream, all your activity could be symbolic for spiritual activities. Right away, I thought of all your deliveries and such as prayer. Perhaps you are aware of the spiritual needs of so many, and the demand seems greater than the response. If you've looked at your own "performance" and questioned yourself, the dream show that there are others at work...and you're out-performing them, which should encourage you...if this is the case. Not that it's a competition or anything like that. :)

For the first of the new dreams, your husband could be literal, or he could be symbolic for someone close to you. Just as in the dream, this could be someone in the natural where you've been concerned about how they're coming along. The next part, though, is probably the message to take away from it: There's excitement in the lives surrounding this person; however, upon your inspection, you first saw the absence of the evidence of life. Immediately, you spoke against this...and THEN you did see the evidence of life in him. This encouragement filled you to overflowing in joy, and caused you to respond in kind. Do you have any thoughts as to who or what this relates to?

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jazzy on Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:57 pm

The 2nd dream is quite interesting. I am on my clinical rotation in my hometown for school this month, and I just met my preceptor this week. I had that dream last week.

My preceptor is very keen about informing patients what their medications are, what they're used for, and that patients understand their disease state. He is so dedicated that we have been to four patient's houses this week (one more tomorrow) to review their meds and see that they're doing well. I've heard him say at least two times so far that he is devoted to his job and that he does it for the patients and their well-being. He's delighted to see pharmacy moving more towards a clinical side and wishes that other pharmacists will hop on the bandwagon as well. He also said it is saddening to see how pharmacists are simply satisfied with filling and checking scripts and not being more involved in the lives of patients. I think he has been criticized by fellow pharmacists about his lack of presence behind the counter checking prescriptions and his high drive for the patients/customers.

I wonder if the first of the newer dreams represents my husband and his new job. One of his really good friends also got a job at another company a few hrs away from his. Another one of his friends from undergrad and grad got a job back in their home country. In regards to my husband, we are both very grateful because a couple years ago I don't think he would have saw this coming at all. The downside is that his new job is far away from my school and I doubted some things because the distance bothered me (he's okay with it). However, I prayed over my doubts and found strength through the Lord. I know everything will be okay, and he's such a great guy. But the devil is a liar because sometimes I doubt things and think about the "what-ifs". I take this as confirmation to quit doubtful thoughts because the Lord has us in his hands.

Jazzy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 10:26 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top