Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ruth89

Question re generational curses/ healing prayer

Could I please ask some advice for those experienced in healing ministry and breaking generational curses...

In my family it has become increasingly apparent that there is a genetic pre-disposition to chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia, adrenal fatigue (possibly due to stress and not resting in God), anxiety, depression, fear, weakness/ poor immune system. There are many in my family who have these conditions. I found a good doctor who I felt a peace about going to, who believes these are all genetic conditions to do with real physical pre-dispositions in the bio-chemistry of the body. (I myself have chronic fatigue and my daughter has health issues too)

My question is how do I break this genetic trait/ generational curse? It seems to me like a generational curse and also be a spiritual problem.

So far I have been praying for us individually as I feel led, such as casting out the spirits of stress and trauma, fear, anxiety in Jesus name. And asking the Lord for new adrenal glands, peace, etc. But how do I break whatever it is that has a stronghold in our family. I know God is bigger than all of this and His power is mighty, but I'm not sure if I'm missing like a 'specific generational curse prayer' for this specific condition.

thanks for any suggestions!!

Hi Ruth89,
I've experienced the effects of "generational curses" in my life. There are those who say a Christian can't be cursed etc but given my experiences I believe otherwise. To each his own. Pray about any advice you may receive from myself or anyone else and do what seems good to you as God leads.

The first thing to know is a curse causeless can not land.

Proverbs 26:2
As the bird by wandering, as the swallow by flying, so the curse causeless shall not come.

So if someone is cursed there is a legitimate right for it. Generational curses come as a result as the sins of our forefathers.

I suggest if it is possible to look into your family history and find out what they would have been involved in. Pray and ask God to reveal the source of these problems and the hidden sins of your ancestors. Fasting is also an extremely potent weapon and some things can only go by prayer and fasting.

Mark 9:29
And he said unto them, This kind can come forth by nothing, but by prayer and fasting.

There are websites dedicated to this kind of material. Consider it with prayer.

But above all, seek God. Having a predisposition to something doesn't necessarily mean that you are cursed. Let God guide you into truth about your situation.

Thank you very much for your thoughts Lara, I appreciate.

Not sure about that Lara, i dont believe that Christians can be cursed, Christ has redeemed us from every curse! I would say that if you are born again, that should be your starting point in dealing with the enemy. The bible says to resist him! when you are in Christ the enemy has no more rights over you so stand your ground coz you are fighting from victory ground. Not sure with unbelievers how this plays out though. scratching chin

Im sure one of the moderators will respond soon enough!

Sorry, I didn't see this until now.

I also don't believe a Christian can be cursed when they are in Christ. It is the very reason that Jesus went to the cross...to redeem us from the curse of the law (Gal 3:13... which includes curses that are in the line of a generation.

The Bible clearly states that when we came to Christ, we are NEW creatures and that the OLD has passed away. (2 Cor 5:17)

I do believe that if you BELIEVE you are cursed or that there are things in your generational line that will affect you, then it will. The Bible clearly states that what you think in your heart, that's what you will become (proverbs 23:7). If you live by the law, then you will reap what the law has... Which is the curse. Jesus took all of that on Himself so that we can be free.

We have to stand in the righteousness and the authority that we received through Jesus Christ and believe that who the Son (Jesus) makes free, is free indeed. (John 8:36)

The Blood of Jesus is Powerful...we have to see it that way. happy dance

Thank you 'BelovedoftheLord' and 'Cholette" for your input; I appreciate your time. I do believe also that the blood of Jesus is powerful to overcome anything. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something in terms of how to pray for something that is very obviously a genetic thing.
When I've been to healing prayer or read books they often talk about generational curses and praying to cut that off. I may ask them if I go for prayer again one day, but for now I will keep doing what I'm doing.

thanks !!

I believe that if a person is a born again child of God through the blood of Christ, curses on that person have been reversed. However I do believe that generational bondage or oppression can still occur. The sins of the father do certainly visit the following generation and those things have an effect on your life. It is a process for the Lord to show a person and for him to walk the person through the healing of those effects and restore to him/her what the enemy has used to try to destroy lives.

Amen Cholette! I couldn't agree more!

Ruth I believe as u continue to see ur self as fully redeemed and righteous by the finished work of the cross, that ur healing will fully manifest. Bless You

Thank you so much karen burns and Daisy - your responses were VERY timely - thank you for being faithful!

karenburns2008 wrote:
I believe that if a person is a born again child of God through the blood of Christ, curses on that person have been reversed. However I do believe that generational bondage or oppression can still occur. The sins of the father do certainly visit the following generation and those things have an effect on your life. It is a process for the Lord to show a person and for him to walk the person through the healing of those effects and restore to him/her what the enemy has used to try to destroy lives.

Hmmm, so help me understand what you mean by being a child of God through the blood of Christ and having the curse reversed....yet still having to deal with generational curses. That seems to cancel the power in Jesus' blood. (no debate, just would like to understand)

Hi Cholette:)

Can't answer for karenburns, but my personal experience of it is that, for example, a type of generational sickness that runs in the family is like a generational curse; it is very obvious in the natural world that there is something going on in the generational line. (I have had this confirmed by other strong believers in my case) So it is like Satan has a stronghold in a particular area. HOWEVER, yes Jesus did still die to reverse all curses, sickneses and EVERYTHING. So as a child of God we are entitled to that, but as with anything else, it doesn't just happen - you have to appropriate/receive all that Jesus died for. You need to first KNOW that it no longer has a right, see yourself as blessed not cursed, healthy not sick, then put your faith into action, praying and casting it out in Jesus name and resting in Jesus.

Ok so I get what you are saying, but I think the confusion is coming in on a technicality (for lack of a better word). When someone says "generational curse", I see it as null and void...it doesn't exist...if it did, then one would NOT be able to pray it away. It's not the "curse" that's the problem, it's a revelation problem. What I mean by that is, until you believe or realize that you are free, then you won't be. It's like what Psalm 23 says...It's "the shadow of death". It appears to be, but it really isn't.

Depression and diabetes is huge in my family, from generations back. Every woman in my family has suffered from both, except for me and my nieces. When I read that scripture in Romans for the first time and the Holy Spirit illuminated that to me, I walked in it and covered my nieces and future women who haven't been born into the family yet. People in my family would say to me, since I was younger, "all the women are sick in our family." they still say it, but I always say, " not me, I've been redeemed and it can't come near me." I have relatives right now who don't talk to me because they are jealous that it never affected me. It's crazy, but it's true.

The way you explained it, I understand, but I think where we differ is that that in my heart, those curses don't exist to even touch me. They are some where "over there", but not near me because Jesus and His Holy Spirit resides in me. There is no room for darkness. It says in Proverbs that as a man thinks, so is he. I believe opposite of what people in my family are saying, therefore I'm walking in the opposite. I hope I make sense.

Thanks for responding, I appreciate it... huggins

Thanks Cholette for your response too, appreciate it and yes that makes sense.
I think it is easier to say that in your heart the curses don't exist to even touch you when you haven't been extremely ill with it your whole life. We all have particular areas that are more of a struggle for us. I have no problem walking in pretty much every other area, I know my 'rights' as a Christian. Healing has just been a tough one for me and my daughter - it seems to be the area where Satan attacks us. I guess I can understand how Job felt. There is something extra hard I think when you are sick because it so directly affects how you feel, it is even harder to keep your eyes off your circumstanes and on Jesus. I know Jesus died for my healing. And learning how to receive healing for my child when I haven't fully healed myself - well, that's totally new territory for me. I wish I would have had these spiritual truths BEFORE we both got sick too.

Hi again Cholette - I just wanted to apologize for being a bit negative in my last post. I admire your steadfast faith Cholette and always find what you write to be inspiring - thank you. huggins

Guess I've been finding it a bit of a challenge lately to keep my eyes off my physical health circumstances. How do you do that from a practical point or is it more of how you see yourself? I find that sickness is usually on my mind most of the day, I usually think things like 'how can i get rid of this, what am I doing wrong, should i be praying more, decreeing more', etc. etc. Also, when you have a child with long term health issues I find it hard to not 'speak it' over her. For example I often say 'we have to rest today so you can do this tomorrow'. I'm worried I'm saying too much negative stuff and teaching her how to be sick instead of the other way around; but aren't sure what to say instead so it's not negative.

Anyway, thank you for all your input. thank you

Hi Ruth,
I understand what you are going through and I feel your pain.
I'd like to briefly share some of the things that happened to me. I knew about God and His will for me to be healed, but I was never serious about applying it to my own life untill I found myself in the middle of a major storm. First my husband was diagnosed with cancer and as soon as that was over I got diagnosed with cancer also.
So right from the beginning I had to determine what the end was going to be - was I going down or was I going to get healed. I chose to get healed FAST, so I did. It did not come automaticcally. I had to shut out every discouraging word from my life and keep filling my mind and heart with the Word of God. Wisdom suggested that I do not share that with anyone who was not rooted and grounded in God and who can feed me with words of fear and discouragement (like "O, we are so sorry you got this" and that sort of junk). So I told no noe about it and my own paternt to this day have no idea about any of this :-)

Well, even though my husband's and my own bodies were healed completely from cancer I still had some work to do to totally understand all about healing and how it works. I did not quite understand it then and still had these creepy thoughts of fear that it might come back every once in a while.
So i kept digging and learning and meditating. And I finally GOT IT!. And the truth is SO SIMPLE, that I don't know how I could not "get" it before :-) Praise God, if it's not simple, it's not from Him. If it's not easy enough that even a little child can do it, it's NOT from God.

My best advice for you would be - learn about God, Ruth! Many people when sick (including myslef till recently) tend to learn about healing. But healing is GOD'S Will for us, so surrender ALL your views to HIS views, ask for enlightment (Ephsians 1:17-23 and Ephesians 3:16-21 are the best prayers ever to get your eyes enlightened and get absolutely awesome revelations and God's truth!!!). It might not happen overnight, but the process is SO enjoyable.

One thing I finally understood about healing is SO SIMPLE. It's all in 1 Peter 2:24 - by the stripes of Jesus Christ we were healed! That's IT! We ARE HEALED. This happened 2000 years ago when Jesus took those horrible stripes on His back and no devil no hell all together can ever change or reverse it or take it from us. Satan did not give us healing, so he CAN'T take it away. PRAISE GOD!
When our bodies hurt and we feel pain or other symptoms of sickness, just recall His death and Resurrection and proclaim in your heart that YOU ARE healed despite of what your body feels and these symptoms WILL FLEE!
I have done it myslef and I can testify - IT WORS!
On night I was sitting in my living room and all of a sudden I started feeling very bad ear aches. So knowing the truth about my healing all I had to do is just decide in my heart what it was going to be, I simply said in my mind - I DON'T THINK SO! to that ear ache and it LEFT right away and never came back again. Same with headaches, same with anything else.
If symptoms "seem" big and scary, that are not big or scary to God! The Job has been done already all you have to do, Ruth is decide what you choose to believe (Deuteronomy 30:19) and don't believe anything contrary to this. This is so easy and simple a littloe child can do it.
But when we don't purposely meditate, listen and learn about who God really is, how much He loves us and how POWERFUL He is, it would be hard to stand. Even a slightest storm would easily knock us down.

Hope this helps :-)
Blessings!

Ruth89 wrote:
Hi again Cholette - I just wanted to apologize for being a bit negative in my last post. I admire your steadfast faith Cholette and always find what you write to be inspiring - thank you.

Guess I've been finding it a bit of a challenge lately to keep my eyes off my physical health circumstances. How do you do that from a practical point or is it more of how you see yourself? I find that sickness is usually on my mind most of the day, I usually think things like 'how can i get rid of this, what am I doing wrong, should i be praying more, decreeing more', etc. etc. Also, when you have a child with long term health issues I find it hard to not 'speak it' over her. For example I often say 'we have to rest today so you can do this tomorrow'. I'm worried I'm saying too much negative stuff and teaching her how to be sick instead of the other way around; but aren't sure what to say instead so it's not negative.

Anyway, thank you for all your input.

Negative? No, I didn't pick that up. I just felt your frustration and you were venting. It's all good. You are in a good place, regardless of how you feel. I truly know that the sickness that you and your daughter have been experiencing is still a lie. You have the divine healing power of Jesus Christ flowing through your body right now. It was activated when you surrendered your life to Him. I will be praying for the two of you. The power of Jesus' blood is real...you are WORTHY to walk in wholeness in your body because Jesus says so.

astra wrote:
Hi Ruth,
I understand what you are going through and I feel your pain.
I'd like to briefly share some of the things that happened to me. I knew about God and His will for me to be healed, but I was never serious about applying it to my own life untill I found myself in the middle of a major storm. First my husband was diagnosed with cancer and as soon as that was over I got diagnosed with cancer also.
So right from the beginning I had to determine what the end was going to be - was I going down or was I going to get healed. I chose to get healed FAST, so I did. It did not come automaticcally. I had to shut out every discouraging word from my life and keep filling my mind and heart with the Word of God. Wisdom suggested that I do not share that with anyone who was not rooted and grounded in God and who can feed me with words of fear and discouragement (like "O, we are so sorry you got this" and that sort of junk). So I told no noe about it and my own paternt to this day have no idea about any of this :-)

Well, even though my husband's and my own bodies were healed completely from cancer I still had some work to do to totally understand all about healing and how it works. I did not quite understand it then and still had these creepy thoughts of fear that it might come back every once in a while.
So i kept digging and learning and meditating. And I finally GOT IT!. And the truth is SO SIMPLE, that I don't know how I could not "get" it before :-) Praise God, if it's not simple, it's not from Him. If it's not easy enough that even a little child can do it, it's NOT from God.

My best advice for you would be - learn about God, Ruth! Many people when sick (including myslef till recently) tend to learn about healing. But healing is GOD'S Will for us, so surrender ALL your views to HIS views, ask for enlightment (Ephsians 1:17-23 and Ephesians 3:16-21 are the best prayers ever to get your eyes enlightened and get absolutely awesome revelations and God's truth!!!). It might not happen overnight, but the process is SO enjoyable.

One thing I finally understood about healing is SO SIMPLE. It's all in 1 Peter 2:24 - by the stripes of Jesus Christ we were healed! That's IT! We ARE HEALED. This happened 2000 years ago when Jesus took those horrible stripes on His back and no devil no hell all together can ever change or reverse it or take it from us. Satan did not give us healing, so he CAN'T take it away. PRAISE GOD!
When our bodies hurt and we feel pain or other symptoms of sickness, just recall His death and Resurrection and proclaim in your heart that YOU ARE healed despite of what your body feels and these symptoms WILL FLEE!
I have done it myslef and I can testify - IT WORS!
On night I was sitting in my living room and all of a sudden I started feeling very bad ear aches. So knowing the truth about my healing all I had to do is just decide in my heart what it was going to be, I simply said in my mind - I DON'T THINK SO! to that ear ache and it LEFT right away and never came back again. Same with headaches, same with anything else.
If symptoms "seem" big and scary, that are not big or scary to God! The Job has been done already all you have to do, Ruth is decide what you choose to believe (Deuteronomy 30:19) and don't believe anything contrary to this. This is so easy and simple a littloe child can do it.
But when we don't purposely meditate, listen and learn about who God really is, how much He loves us and how POWERFUL He is, it would be hard to stand. Even a slightest storm would easily knock us down.

Hope this helps :-)
Blessings!

Good stuff Astra!!!

I love what you said... "learn about God, Ruth! Many people when sick (including myslef till recently) tend to learn about healing. But healing is GOD'S Will for us, so surrender ALL your views to HIS views, ask for enlightment (Ephsians 1:17-23 and Ephesians 3:16-21 are the best prayers ever to get your eyes enlightened and get absolutely awesome revelations and God's truth!!!). It might not happen overnight, but the process is SO enjoyable".

Thank you sooo much Astra for taking the time to write all that - that was all very helpful. I really appreciate you suggesting to pray the Ephesian prayers (that really stood out for me too) as I started doing that after reading about it in 'The Believers Authority' book by Kenneth Hagin awhile ago, but then forgot about it.

Your personal testimony is very inspiring indeed; do you mind me asking, did you still do what you could to help yourself in the natural as far as treatment goes whilst you were standing on the promise for healing?
And if anyone did ever say 'I'm sorry you are not well', or 'how are you feeling' - how would you respond?

And thank you Cholette also for your understanding, prayers and encouragement.

thanks guys, you are such a blessing.

thank you

Hi Ruth, you're most welcome and I don't mind testifying to anyone who can use it for encouragement.
To answer your questions, my husband went with minimum chemo treatments which was 6 and we refused to take any more. All signs of cancer however left after the first treatment.
I personally did not have any treatment at all as none was needed. They did a surgery/biopsy and found no signs of it. If I knew then what I know now I would of declined that surgery.

What I did was I put God's word about my healing everywhere. I made me a desktop wallpaper for my computer with several scriptures on it. I LOVE Isaiah scriptures. They show so much the Power of God, as well as His free will to get us out of any trouble and His Love for us! NO WEAPON formed against me shall prosper! I even listened to praise music when I waited for my surgery at the hospital right up till the nurce came to take me into the operating room :-)

What would I say to someone who would try and feel pity for me? First of all I'd not show any signs to anyone that I needed pity or anyone feeling sorry for me. I did not feel sorry for myslef at all :-) I KNEW I was going to win and did not get distracted. My boss knew and he did ask me how I felt, so i always said "Great!", so he stopped asking after a while :-)

What I would suggest though, do not get tangled up into "technicalities" as to what to say. You will always say what your heart believes. If you believe you are sick, this is what you'll say. If you believe you are HEALED even if your body feels different, you'll say I AM HEALED!. So don't worry about words, Just start putting God's REALITY and TRUTH into your heart and words will change :-)

Dr. Jim Richards says that when we speak words and our hearts are in disagreement with them, we only add mores stress. For example if you are hurting but your mouth is confessing "I am healed" and your heart says "No, this is not true, I am sore!", this only creates more stress and confusion.
But when you saying scriptures with the purpose to "soak" in them, to meditate, to consider, to ponder upon them to get this revelation into your heart, then this does not create any stress, but on the contrary, relaxes you and makes the Word of God effective in your life.

The most important part is to change what you believe in your heart about your healing. And the only way to do it is by literally saturating yourself with the REALITY of God. How do you do that? I personally listened to many many many preachings of great pastors and teachers. I can give you their names if you want. I soaked in worship music, of course read scriptures, testimonies of people who got healed.
I have noticed a big difference between, for example, simply reading scriptures or listening to praise songs and doing the same but at the same time IMAGINING every single word or phrase actually happening in my life. I kind of "lived" through everything I was hearing or reading in my imagination, experiencing it, feeling joy, peace, security, protection etc. That's how God and His Promises became so real to me, that right now what HE SAID is much much much more real to me than what my body feels :-) I am telling you, this is so AMAZING!

Another important thing to do would be to RELAX! Don't strain yourself, don't try to "work" your faith. People are trying to do works to such a degree that they even turn their faith into dead works. I was guilty of it as well. I'd grab ahold of a scripture and strain myself as hard as I could to make my faith heal me.
Right now I laugh when I think of it. This is sooo silly and yet I've done it and many other people've done it.
All I have to do is believe that God's doing what He promised and that's IT. END OF MY PARTICIPATION. All we need to do is relax. And anyone knows how to relax :-). God is fair and He does not complicate things.
In fact when I asked the Lord for something and relaxed, that's when I received the answer FAST! It actually is so simple that when the answer manifests you think "... really? That's it? That easy???! WOW!". It kind of "happens by itself" so to speak :-)

So whatever you do or say, don't beat yourself up, or condemn yourself over every word or "mess up". There is plenty of Grace for you. God will never run out of it. As long as your heart is willing to learn and move forward, go deeper an deeper into Him, you will not fail in Him. Pretty soon you will even stop noticing that storm, all you'd see would be your Father. And you'll delight in Him every second of your life, nothing else would ever matter :-)

Anyway, I am always here for you to encourage and support.
Many blessings to you and your loved ones!!!

WOW, Astra, everything you have been saying has been so helpful, thank you so much, I appreciate all your time in writing to me:)

If it's not too much trouble I'd love to know some more good preachers to listen to on healing, thx.

You were spot on with your comments - I do need to learn to RELAX !

Do you (or anyone else) have any advice on what to say to a child (11yrs old - who does believe that God is our Healer) on why a healing hasn't manifested yet for a child after a few years.?

thanks again for sharing everything,
God bless you huggins

p.s. I love your profile picture; very pretty :)

Hi Ruth,
sorry I did not get back to you sooner. My daughter moved away from home for college and I guess I got a bit messed up missing her like crazy :-(. I had to spend extra time with the Lord to straighten out my thoughts and I did not want these issues to cloud over my thinking when I would reply to you.

So Praise God, He's our Healer!
Here are some more of my thoughts on all this "healing" issue. I've been thinking about it very much lately and asking God's insight on it. And here's what I firmly believe now:

1) The Bible tells us to seek first His Kingdom and righteousness and all great things will be given to us (paraphrasing Matthew 6:33). So as we spend time learning all the wonderful things about God, His Kingdom, our identity in Christ Jesus - our righteousness in Him, all the issues with our health would be straightened out by God.

When we just go ahead and start learning all there is to know about healing, in my opinion what it does to us, it magnifies the subject of sickness. When we seek healing, all we think about is sickness and how to get rid of it. This only magnifies the problem. Instead we need to magnify JESUS! How can we magnify Him if we spend all our time thinking, reading and learning about healing our bodies? I am not saying here that healing our bodies is bad, not at all. I am just saying that as we set our priorities in spiritual development right, healing will COME as well simply because we will have thorough understanding of who we are in Jesus, How God sees us, what our rights and authority is in God's Kingdom.

2) I also firmly believe that 1 Peter 2:24 is very much misunderstood and underestimated by many believers. "He personally bore our sins in His [own] body on the tree [as on an altar and offered Himself on it], that we might die (cease to exist) to sin and live to righteousness. By His wounds you have been healed." (Amplified)

What I myself thought before (and I do believe that many others are believing the same idea) was that these words refer to the times when satan (or his spirits of infirmities) is attacking us with disease and we get sick, THEN we can claim/believe, that by Jesus stripes we were healed and our bodies get restored to health again.

This would be all great if there wasn't one great problem with this interpretation: we would always be one step behind the enemy. We'd always allow him to first mess us up and then, kid of "pick up" after him and undo the mess he created in our own bodies. I am sorry, but this does not sit well with me.

What I believe is true is this - Jesus has paid the most Precious Price on the Cross for us and by doing so He PERMANENTLY made us whole - in body soul and spirit. This means He so to speak "pre-healed" us 2000 years ago, PERIOD! I think I am having a bit of trouble describing exactly what I mean, but I'll try and do my best here :-)

I see the questions coming - why do we get sick then? Well, first of all because our enemy, the devil is still after us and he's still in his business of stealing, killing and destroying, walking around LIKE a roaring lion (kind of "pretending he is one, but actually being a very much defeated enemy), looking whom he MAY devour. "May" means he's not at liberty to grab anyone and do whatever he pleases with them :-) That means he needs permission. Whose permission? - Ours! So he might destroy us by lying to us with his deceptions. One of them is SYMPTOMS of sickness.

Once we know we WERE healed by Jesus' stripes (since we DIED to sin which wages is death - not necessarily just an immediate physical death, but also any form of lack of wholeness - sickness included), when symptoms come, we will always recognize them as LIES and deception and refuse to receive them as truth. And therefore resisting the devil and his junk and he would always FLEE from us.

But if we don't know or don't quite understand this, every time a symptom comes, we would accept it as something we "have" now and are forced to fight against. This is exactly how we ourselves are "promoting" a lying symptom to a disease.

Since I am not big on just theoretical knowledge, I went ahead and practiced this on my own body. And mr. devil helped me here a bit :-)

I remember once I was sitting at home watching TV and all of a sudden I felt this extremely strong pain in my ear. Immediately I recalled the truth/revelation that I just shared above and I thought "O, REALLY? I DON'T THINK SO!" meaning - no way I would even admit that "now I HAVE ear ache". I simply rebuked the fact that I was sick and the pain left IMMEDIATELY! Isn't this awesome?!

Same wit headaches - pain comes, I refuse to accept the fact that I am sick and they leave. Some times immediately, sometimes it takes a bit of my persistence (few minutes or so), sometimes these lying symptoms make several attempts to return during the day, but find the door shut, turn around and leave bandaid
I do a little happy dance and enjoy my day praising and worshiping the Lord of ALL!

Watch what people say: when our noses start running or we feel some "scratching' in our throat, we say "O, no, now I have a cold (or even flu!)" I did that myself without even realizing what I was doing! Or we say "I have a headache". If we feel pain, it does NOT mean we "have" it until we let it in by believing this is TRUTH. But admitting we "have" it, we sort of give that intruder (spirit of infirmity), this "terrorist" a permission/passport to enter into our bodies and do its destructive work. WE DON’T HAVE TO DO IT THOUGH! We don't HAVE to bow down and accept lies! Praise God! Jesus HEALED US by His WOUNDS once and for all! His Gifts are GOOD, they are incorruptible, they do not give our enemy a chance with us! Halleluiah! Whether we know, understand and practice it or not will make the difference in our lives!!!! Hey, I tried this and it WORKS!

I think this is what Cholette's signature is talking about :-)

Not sure if I did a good enough job trying to explain what I understand and see clearly in my spirit now. Let me know if I confused you (I hope I didn't!)

You also asked what to tell your daughter about healing not manifesting? I personally wouldn't bother even talking about it. Why look at the past when the best is AHEAD! Just rejoice with her that your Saviour is with you both, He will never leave or abandon you, He'll always be there to sustain you both as the revelations come in and enlighten your entire being making you both totally and completely whole - soul, spirit and body!

God bless!!!

Wow - thank you sooo much AStra, you have been amazing; everything you say makes sense and really speaks to me. You are right, I have been focusing too much on 'what to do to get healed' rather than focusing on Jesus and resting in Him. And yes, I think I have misinterpreted 1 Peter 2:24 the way you explained - thank you. I just want these truths to sink in deep in my heart so I won't be moved.

One thing I have always wondered, (don't feel you have to answer this) is... is receiving healing just the same as receiving any other promise from God?
For example, we pray for supernatural favour for my husband in his work and all goes extremely well, and so many of our prayers are answered every day, like for our child at school and for pay increases etc. Is it just that we 'make' healing seem more difficult to attain because it's so ingrained in us that we have been raised to accept it? Or perhaps too because it so directly affects how our flesh feels that it can be a challenge to believe in Gods healing power (like Job being afflicted lastly with poor health as the final test)??

I pray all goes very well with your daughter starting college; can understand why you would miss her so much. I'm sure the Lord has her in the palm of His hand.

thanks again for everything huggins