Back to School and Name Change

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Back to School and Name Change

Post by renki on Fri May 18, 2012 9:56 pm

I dreamed I was going back to college at a southern HBCU. There were all these men showing interest in me. Classmates from grad school were there but I didn't recognize them right away. Then I went up to the chalk board where my classmates and my name were on the board. My name was on the board twice. One of them had my full name with my maiden name then it was crossed out. The second names had my full name with my married name then it was crossed out. I can not recall any other specifics.

renki

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Back to School and Name Change

Post by Daisy on Sun May 20, 2012 4:18 pm

These are just my thoughts Renki, so please pray on them and toss if they don't fit. The fact that you were back at school makes me wonder if you are in a season of learning of the Lord right now? The part about your name being changed makes me think of Abraham and Sarah, as well as Jacob and how significant their name changes were for them for them seizing their FULL destiny that God had for them in their lives. It took them taking on a NEW name, for the promises of God to manifest fully! The names that were spoken over them time and time again had to be changed in order for them to receive ALL God had for them. So with that said, have there been negative things spoken over your life that needs to be nullified through prayer (from yourself or others)? Are there positive mantras that can be spoken out of your mouth over yourself to help you thrust yourself into your full destiny?? We are kings and priests of the new testament, and our words carry power and strength! Just some thoughts, please pray and toss what doesn't fit. Bless You

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shan on Sun May 20, 2012 9:52 pm

Hi Renki,

I had the same thoughts as Daisy did about the name change and those whose names were changed in the Bible. It marked a transformation/anointing on their lives. I realize you didn't say that your name was changed per se, but it could have to do with your identity being transformed. Just wondering though, how did you feel about seeing your name crossed out? You also said that men were showing interest in you. How did you feel about that?

Shan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by renki on Mon May 21, 2012 9:32 pm

This particular dream I experienced during the fall of 2011. I had no idea at the time of where I might be going. My life has been completely flipped and landed me into leadership of a life changing ministry. I think the fullness and change is around this ministry. I sense God calling me to full time ministry in the future (immediate or distant, I am not sure). I can only explain this ministry stuff as God's grace. I don't fully understand or deserve it but God continues to use me for his work. In fact I think He is using me to show others that he can use the imperfect to change the world. I was so broken a year ago and now I'm so changed.

I have had negative spoken over me: I am judgmental, I am angry, I think I'm better than others, ms. perfect, materialistic, not pretty. However, I have a wonderful mentor friend who has really spoken life into me and helped me speak against that and other stuff in the authority of Christ.
I do think the name crossing out means me being reborn and in fact my middle name which wasn't in the dream literally means reborn! Now the side note of the men showing interest in me, I think these are spiritual tests. But I'm just guessing. On the other hand, I have had this issue come up in real life curiously in the last year which is the same year this ministry developed. The old renki would be flattered but the new me who is married is not. I don't know if this is related but I have had repeated dreams indicating "you picked your husband" and "now I have picked your husband". I kind of figured out on my own my choice was not likely God's choice but it is what it is and I am content.

renki

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shan on Tue May 22, 2012 9:27 am

How awesome that your middle name means reborn! I think there are exciting things ahead for you!

Regarding these men being spiritual tests, that makes sense. It could also be the enemy's attempt to distract you through flattery or by his many attempts to cause you to "cheat" on Christ, since you are His bride.

I don't know if these dreams you've had has anything to do with this dream or not, but the dream in and of itself seems to me to be a good thing. There are choices in life we all make that are not necessarily God's best choice, but He works with it anyway and eventually causes it to work together for our good. This may be what you were indicating by saying "it is what it is," but I just thought I'd let you know that I see this as hopeful:)

Shan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 8:10 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top