Cannot Read My Sheet Music

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cannot Read My Sheet Music

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Fri May 18, 2012 8:52 am

Hello, all -

In this dream, I'm sitting in a classroom with other students and we've got our string instruments for class. I have a cello, which is what I played from elementary school through high school. I'm sharing a music stand (for sheet music) with a girl that I knew from high school. This girl was not in orchestra and did not play an instrument. She was also known as one of (if not the) most beautiful girls in our class.

The teacher seemed to be another girl that I knew from high school. She actually was in orchestra with me. I've never dreamed of either girl before, and I'm thinking that the teacher-girl was in the dream because she just announced on FB that she and her husband are divorcing. This announcement has put her situation on my heart, lately - but only in the sense that I wouldn't want to see them get divorced.

So, we're about to start playing, and where there ought to be notes on my sheet music, there's actually different colored hair-ties like what a girl would use for a pony tail. They're just hanging from the sheet music, each one placed where a note should be. This made it difficult, if not impossible, for me to read the music. After struggling to understand what the notes should be or how I was going to actually play it, I began to try to play...and found that I was having all kinds of trouble playing my cello. I knew that I didn't sound right, and eventually stopped (as did everyone else). I just sat there feeling embarrassed and frustrated while the rest of the class seemed oblivious to it all - they were all just talking to each other.

I'd like to hear your thoughts. Honestly, I'm not entirely sure that the dream is so much about myself as it could be about the girl getting divorced, but I'm not sure. The feelings and overall atmosphere in the dream isn't typical of one of my dreams.

Thanks,
-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cannot Read My Sheet Music

Post by dreamster on Fri May 18, 2012 2:36 pm

interestg drm ther m,,, i think the symbolls of ur past r telling a story 2 u,, ,,the lord loves 2 orkestrate things in our lives, an uses our experiances 2 communicate [m],,2 us,, im sure ur instremental in prayin 4 ur frend, dont be embaressed, by ur limitations, cos only u r aware of them,, hope this strikes a chord wiv u ,,,,,,,,,,,,, Dee, werdsmiff

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Deborah on Fri May 18, 2012 6:03 pm

Last night I made copies of my sheet music so I didn't have to play my songs out of a cumbersome book at Bible study. This would have worked great, but my printer was almost out of ink and I had to use a lot of imagination to identify the notes, so I could really relate to your dream. lol! More and more I'm learning to trust God to help me so I can play songs by ear and not rely on the sheet music at all. Do you think this dream might have something to do with walking by faith not by sight? --Deborah, on her thinking chair
P.S. Interestingly enough, I recently had a dream about a beautiful woman playing cello
http://miasherwood.forumotion.net/t16420-woman-playing-cello-in-a-wheat-field

Deborah
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Fri May 18, 2012 9:11 pm

Thank you both for what you've shared with me!

Dee - I enjoyed the...wordsmithery? Wordsmithiness? Word...choices. :) And the message was excellent as well. I have prayed for my friend's situation a bit, but I'll step it up. Thanks!

Deborah - I think you (and Dreamster) are right on with the theme of walking by faith and not by sight - and not getting caught up in my own human limitations or understanding. I'm one of those people who really wants something all figured out beforehand, and that simply isn't the way God tends to work - as in, revealing it all to me upfront.

Thanks a lot to both of you.
-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamster on Fri May 18, 2012 9:22 pm

ur ,,,dont be sharp or flat jus be natral,,

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down