driving a terrible road to Chicago

View previous topic View next topic Go down

driving a terrible road to Chicago

Post by Deborah on Fri May 18, 2012 7:33 am

I had a dream I was driving at night. I was headed toward Chicago going west, but I had to cross mountains that were really steep. (In the dream, I thought the mountains looked like the Alps.) The road got really narrow and it seemed to be winter. My husband and son were passengers; my husband said something about forgetting to get a generator crank for our vehicle.

I was parked at an intersection in the middle of nowhere and I did not want to go forward. I knew the road ahead would be hard to drive due to its width (or lack therof), the steep mountains, winter weather, not knowing if my vehicle needed repairs, and also knowing traffic would soon be heavy. Yet, the intersection wasn't a good place to be and since the road was so narrow I couldn't turn around.

I woke up after this dream and never really did get back to sleep again even though I was exhausted. The dream really bothered me, like it had a sense of foreboding.

Deborah
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: driving a terrible road to Chicago

Post by Cholette on Fri May 18, 2012 10:04 am

Hi Deborah,

These are only thoughts, but what comes up in my heart is that this dream is about a life journey that you and your family MAY encounter in the future. You were headed to a destination and ended up at a crossroads (intersection) so you became sort of stagnated due to what you felt was ahead.

Is this something you feel you are experiencing currently? If not God may be preparing you for what is ahead. It doesn't mean you have to experience this...he MAY be showing you this so you can specifically pray. Pray for the strength to move forward, especially when you get to those crossroads of life where we all prefer to stop and do nothing instead of choosing a road and moving forward. Prayer is what gives your vehicle the momentum to move forward.

Of course these are just thoughts so please pray.

Do not fight FOR victory, but fight FROM THE PLACE of victory. Jesus has ALREADY won the battle!

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Deborah on Fri May 18, 2012 2:14 pm

Thanks for stopping by, Cholette! I've been on a hard journey more than a year now--I was hoping it was time for a vacation. lol! Yesterday when I was picking out praise music for Bible study I attend, I felt led to pick music where the message was "fear not." More than likely I was the one who needed to hear those songs. So yes, I'll continue to pray. I had a dream not long ago that was telling big changes were up ahead so perhaps this dream is saying the same thing.

Deborah
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamster on Fri May 18, 2012 2:26 pm

im wiv cholette on this one, um hav u read the book ''hinds feet on high places,,'' its all about trustin da lordy its got sad bits in it,, i think the intersection part is ratha significant,

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Deborah on Fri May 18, 2012 3:32 pm

Yep., I've read that book. I think the intersection part is significant too. I think it was there I was really counting the cost of going forward.

Deborah
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamster on Fri May 18, 2012 3:58 pm

yep, seems like ur charge

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Deborah on Fri May 18, 2012 5:11 pm

I looked up "generator crank" online and found a hand-crank generator that will generate electricity to power up GPS units, cell phones, flashlights and other devices just by cranking it by hand. It's designed for power failure/emergency situations and the advertisement for it said it can make a life and death difference in an emergency. I never knew such a thing existed. It would make sense to have something like this when crossing the mountains in the winter...

Deborah
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamster on Fri May 18, 2012 7:19 pm

yep,,thers no shortage of cranks in this werld,

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Deborah on Wed May 23, 2012 9:12 pm

Takes one to know one, I guess! lol! :shocking: :justteasing: :lordhelpus: :partytime:

Deborah
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamster on Wed May 23, 2012 9:59 pm

crankinstein??

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down