Hugs All Around

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hugs All Around

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Wed May 16, 2012 8:03 am

Hello, everyone -

It begins with me driving around my sister's neighborhood early in the morning. I seemed to be looking for her house. I'm aware that I'm a little disoriented as I couldn't recognize what street her house should be on when I'm given the choice to go in a few different directions. I went down one street and turned around halfway down. Back at the starting point, I chose another street, and this one got me to her house.

Outside her house, I did not plan to have any interaction with her or my niece. There was a man there, though, who is someone that I currently work with. I talked to him in order to get him to go someplace else since I didn't want to be found by my sister. At one point, I could see her through the window and knew that she and my niece were getting ready for work and school. So, the guy followed me as we walked away from her house...but as we passed a different house, a playful dog was there, and my coworker was distracted by it. When I saw the dog, I knew that this guy would end up playing with it. With us delayed at this house by the dog, my sister appeared and saw us, as did my niece.

The two of them came over to me, and my niece seemed especially happy to see me (as she always is in real life). The man and the dog had disappeared at this point. So, my sister sat down on the steps of this house and I heard her say, "Well, go see him!" to my niece. She was referring to me. My niece came over and gave me a big hug, which is what she does in real life every time she greets me. I looked at her, and she appeared very different. Her face didn't look like her at all, and her hair was different. Still, it was her. As I looked at her, I actually said to her that she looks different - but I told her that it was because she didn't have her glasses on and because her hair had been cut. NOW, as this is going on between my niece and myself, my ex appears...and so does another close female friend of mine. The ex went over to my sister and hugged her, and when they were finished I thought to myself, "Will my sister even know who my other friend is?" I was surprised when she looked at her and said, "Come over here, ____," and hugged her as well.

Any thoughts are appreciated.
-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hugs All Around

Post by L4JC on Wed May 16, 2012 9:00 am

Interesting dream Mark. I only have a question here. Do you recall why in the dream the reason you were spying on your sister and niece? And were you still a bit disoriented as you stated in the beginning of the dream when you were watching your sister and niece?

L4JC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Wed May 16, 2012 9:12 am

Ah, once I found her place, I was no longer disoriented. Also, I wasn't actually trying to look in her house or anything. It was more like a split second where I saw her pass in front of her window. I was a ways away from the house on the sidewalk. I was more concerned about her seeing me and then having to interact with her.

And about that: My thoughts or purpose seemed to go from seeking my sister's house, but then to avoiding her once I got there. Thing is, I was already there...and while I would have liked to back out or avoid an encounter altogether, other circumstances (my coworker and the dog) facilitated the encounter that I would have avoided had it just been me there alone. And, of course, the dream ends well...as if to say that there was no reason to avoid to begin with.

Last edited by TheWhiteShadow on Wed May 16, 2012 9:50 am; edited 1 time in total

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by L4JC on Wed May 16, 2012 9:31 am

Sounds like to me, the disorientation, the avoidance, etc. was all for naught. It turned out better than you thought it would. Perhaps, you'll have a situation soon, like this, and this dream is just a kindly reminder to you, that there's nothing to worry about. Glad you sorted out the dream!

L4JC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Wed May 16, 2012 10:22 am

Thanks, Sunny. I'm actually thinking that my sister (and searching for her house) may represent my recent thoughts of preparing for a marathon. If there's one thing that she could symbolize, it's that! And my feelings and disorientation in the dream should do fit how I feel about it in real life!

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by L4JC on Wed May 16, 2012 10:26 am

Wow! That's cool that you got what the dream is about! Good luck with your marathon! That's exciting! Yet, I can imagine that's probably making you nervous, too, cuz your sister has such a high confidence in you, and whereas you want to please her, yet you're not so sure you're prepared enough? But from what I gather from the ending of the dream, it sounds like you had a nice ending!

L4JC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Wed May 16, 2012 10:45 am

Heh. Right now, neither of my sisters know of my intentions - only my mom does. I don't think that I'd be able to keep it a secret for 16 weeks, but I really thought that it'd be funny to go with them to "support" them on the day of their race, and then be like, "Oh, I suppose I'll just run, too...since I'm here and all."

Yes, I'm willing to put my body through all that suffering leading up to the day of the race simply for a punchline. Sick, I know.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by L4JC on Wed May 16, 2012 11:03 am

LOL Competition is fun! I used to play for hours on end playing tennis, cuz it's such a competitive sport. I loved it. So, I understand your love for the punchline as you call it.

Your dream really is about your race and about your sister. You may come to find out that several others that are in your dream might be present at the race, as well! Would be interesting if that does become reality!

L4JC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by owen on Thu May 17, 2012 6:19 pm

Hi Mark,

I think your dream tells you that you'll get all the moral support, encouragement or motivation from your family and friends as you join the marathon, I guess that's what all the "huggings" are all about.

hee hee

owen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Thu May 17, 2012 8:58 pm

Thanks, Owen.

I shared this dream with a friend of mine (one of the girls in the dream), and she offered a word of encouragement on the end of this dream - the part where my sister was hugging my ex and my friend: Perhaps, as I take interest in the things that are important to my sister (running and such), she may open up and be more likely to embrace what is important to me (which would be the Lord).

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 6:30 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top