"I Never Really Liked You"

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"I Never Really Liked You"

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Wed May 16, 2012 7:59 am

Hello, all -

It seemed that I was working at Kohl's. This is a first, as my "former retail" dreams are always where I've actually worked. There was an odd kind of feeling at this place, though. It felt like my last job at a distribution center, in a way. And, I wonder something...perhaps that's why the setting (Kohl's) is a little unique - so that I'd pay attention to the atmosphere a little more? And is this to recognize a spirit that's in a place? Hmmm... ANYWAY, I was out on the salesfloor at Kohl's, but I was sitting in my manager's office. This office was right out on the salefloor, with a cubicle kind of wall separating it from where the customers would be. So, I'm sitting there, and she's across from me behind her desk.

*This manager was a real-life former store manager who did not like me when she was there. I never even did anything wrong, but it was the fact that I represented the former "regime" - all the managers that worked for the former store manager were driven out of there by her...so there was no "residue" left from the former guy. Sad, really.

So, back to the dream. She's across from me at her desk, and she's displeased with me. She hands me two different shoes of hers - women's heels - and tells me to go out on the floor and find an outfit for each that would go with them. This was a punishment, somehow, and I remember sitting there in disbelief about this task. I just could not believe that she was making me do this. I took the shoes and was about to leave when she looked at me and said, "I never really liked you." It was said in such a hateful way, and for a split-second she was actually someone else, my former 3rd shift boss at my current job. I was filled with even more shock over the fact that she'd say such a thing.

I went to the salesfloor and came across a former retail manager named Patti (in real life). *I just realized that the angry manager is also named Patty. So, I told Patti what I had been told to do with the shoes, and she couldn't believe it, either. She told someone else near her as well. At this point, I decided that I needed to get out of that place, so I began to think of a way to leave for good.

Any thoughts appreciated.
-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "I Never Really Liked You"

Post by Daisy on Wed May 23, 2012 6:36 pm

Hi Mark~ Just a thought, but sounds to me that you made the right decision in the dream to leave for good! Could this just be of confirmation that you have made good decisions in your waking life in your career, and that you are now in the right place where God wants you?? Just some thoughts.

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Wed May 23, 2012 9:00 pm

Daisy wrote:Could this just be of confirmation that you have made good decisions in your waking life in your career, and that you are now in the right place where God wants you??

This is very good, Daisy. I've been having a few moments of doubt, questioning my choices. The future is so fuzzy to me, it's easy to doubt. Thanks for this!

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Thu May 24, 2012 4:42 am

O yay!! So happy my comments encouraged you! :hooray:

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 4:54 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum