The little boy and dirty hands

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The little boy and dirty hands

Post by tbsmilesbig on Sat May 12, 2012 10:44 am

Hello, everyone. This is a dream I had last night - I think I sort of get the interpretation, but am not 100% sure.

I was walking with a friend and a little boy. My friend made a comment about the little boy's smell and his hands (it seems that I could smell in the dream, but not vividly. I said that because I have had dreams where smells are real, so when I wake up I remember them, not in this case). She said she would be sure to wash her hands when she had the chance, so when we found a sink, I too washed my hands. My water was dirty, so I was relieved to be washing my hands.

Thoughts?

tbsmilesbig

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The little boy and dirty hands

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sat May 12, 2012 12:27 pm

tbsmilesbig wrote:My water was dirty, so I was relieved to be washing my hands.

Does this mean that there was something wrong with your own water, so you were happy that you could use the water that your friend was using?

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tbsmilesbig on Sat May 12, 2012 10:42 pm

No, as I was washing my hands, I noticed the water going down the drain was dirty.

Something else I forgot to mention. As I was walking with my friend, I remember thinking that I should wash my hands as well. There wasn't fear on my part, but I was wondering about the little boy's dirt and smell somehow getting on me, that's why I decided to wash my hands.

tbsmilesbig

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tbsmilesbig on Sat May 12, 2012 10:48 pm

I'm trying to remember if I've had specific dreams about hands before... It doesn't seem good that the water was dirty, though. crying

tbsmilesbig

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sun May 13, 2012 5:34 am

My thoughts are that the little boy is something that you've come into contact with that requires you to be cleansed afterwards. In the dream, your friend had to point out the dirty nature of the boy to you. Your friend even suggested what to do about it.

So, is there something you've been involved in where God's speaking to you about being cleansed from its effect? I was thinking that the use of a little boy as a symbol for whatever it is could be because it may seem innocent to you, in a way. God may also be saying to completely remove yourself from it - to wash your hands of it.

Finally, if something stands out to you, you already know how you'll feel once you take action: You were actually relieved in the dream to be washing your hands. I'm thinking that, in real life, you'll be relieved when you actually see the removal of the effects this had on you.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shan on Sun May 13, 2012 9:56 am

I was thinking the exact same thing as WhiteShadow. I was just waiting to see what you said about the water being dirty before I responded.

Shan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tbsmilesbig on Sun May 13, 2012 10:05 am

Thanks, Mark and Shan.

Hmmm. I have a lot praying to do because the only situation that keeps coming up in my mind is the kid's camp that will take place in the next couple of months. I know I had the dream that I posted about going to camp with the bunk beds, so now I'm a bit confused. There was also another dream about camp two nights ago.

Now I'm not sure what God is saying or maybe I'm afraid to back out of camp and that's why I can't fully make the decision???

Last edited by tbsmilesbig on Sun May 13, 2012 10:07 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added information)

tbsmilesbig

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sun May 13, 2012 10:17 am

Were you considering not going to this camp? I don't necessarily think that this dream is about not going. Perhaps it's more to raise your awareness of how you could be affected by things you see or interact with while you're there. And maybe there's more that you can focus on as far as spiritual protection for yourself while you're there so that you can be effective vs. affected.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shan on Sun May 13, 2012 11:03 am

I agree with WhiteShadow again. This dream could be about awareness. Depending on what kind of camp it is, this could be about protecting yourself spiritually. I work with pysically/sexually abused children and I know I have brought some of their "issues" home with me. A time or two, I have felt oppressed after visiting with a child. Maybe this is a warning to be on your guard. These are just thoughts here. I wouldn't not go because of this. You might be the light a child needs in their life.

Shan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tbsmilesbig on Mon May 14, 2012 12:36 am

Thanks again for the support. I went over my journals and saw that I was praying for God to prepare me for this camp, so this dream could be a manifestation of that prayer? I'll continue to pray on what you both have said. thumbs

Oh yeah, and to answer your two questions: Mark, I wasn't thinking of not going. This dream just threw me off for a second, but I think I'm back on track now. laugh

Shan, the kids are definitely high-needs kids, so I understand what you are saying! Blessings on you for what you do!! And thanks for the reminder that God could use me as a light at the camp!

tbsmilesbig

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 9:54 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top