Running from a Tornado

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Running from a Tornado

Post by slisar on Sat May 12, 2012 9:59 am

In my dream me, my husband, and one of my sons (23) were leaving a city to fly home when we saw a tornado start to form in the distance. We turned back and started to seek shelter. I told my son to stay with us, but he went down one city street and I lost him, so I started to run toward a large building knowing that most would have a basement. I felt my son was going to be fine (though I wanted him with me I knew it was too late to find him), so I entered this one building and headed to the basement. It was old with low light and I realized that there were mainly homeless men there and I was a little scared, but knew I had no choice but to stay there. A few minutes later I looked out a window and down the street. A very fat cow was standing in the middle of the street and I felt sorry for him, but something in my spirit told me this was not my cow. Further down the street I could see part of a massive tornado...coming straight down the street toward us. I knew it was so large that it was going to destroy everything in the city including that poor cow. I turned to go deeper into the basement and felt the sorrow in my heart, then the room opened up into a larger room that I felt more safe in until I walked through to a larger room that was all white. It was a laundry room with lots of people doing laundry and no worries of the tornado. I knew I would be safe, but could not shake the sad feeling of others that did not find safety...then I woke up.

slisar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Running from a Tornado

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sat May 12, 2012 10:31 am

Greetings, Slisar -

The general understanding of a tornado in a dream is that it represents a threat. While the tornado had an effect on you in your dream, it seems to me that it wasn't one that was chasing you, personally. So, I'd see it as a threat that affects more of a broader target - though you still have things to do for your own protection.

It may be your desire to personally see to the care of your son during this time, but the message in the dream seems to be that you'll be separated while this is going on; however, it is clear that he's going to fine, so you can stand on that promise.

From your initial place of safety, you saw the fat cow...and knew that it was not your cow. Again, just my own thoughts, but I would see the cow as some type of investment that will be destroyed. You'll probably see that loss occur in the lives of others, and you'll feel a similar sympathy for their loss.

Once you recognized the extent of the destruction that the tornado would cause, you moved into an even deeper place of safety. I feel strongly that the message for you is that you will be kept free from what you see impacting the lives around you. By being further removed from the effect of the tornado, you were around others who were not concerned. In real life, these may be people who were so distanced from the threat that they may not understand the impact that it had on others...but you retained your sympathy to their situation.

I want to add, here, that while I wrote as if the tornado was symbolic of another threat, there is always the possibility of the threat being a real tornado. The promises in the dream, though, still remain the same.

Blessings,
-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by slisar on Sun May 13, 2012 6:28 am

Thanks Mark...This is on the same line that I was thinking. I know a cow can mean finances, so my thoughts were that this was on the lines of financial destruction for many people. I also wondered about the laundry room being so peaceful and white. I wonder if that is a symbol that Gods people who pay their tithes and are right in his sight will be taken care of during this time. As for my son, he is thinking of buying a house that I am trying to talk him out of and you're right, I did get the feeling that though he went his own way, he would be okay. Thanks for your thoughts!

slisar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 9:55 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top