The Stolen Uniform And The New Employee

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Stolen Uniform And The New Employee

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sat May 12, 2012 5:28 am

Hello, All -

Before I share the dream, I want to say that I woke up this morning and knew that I had dreamed, but I couldn't remember any of it no matter how much I tried. Then, I saw the name of a former coworker on Facebook, and instantly the dream flooded my memory. Crazy how all it takes is one little word to unlock something like that...

So, in the dream, I was in need of a uniform for work. In real life, my current job is right across the street from my last job. So, I decided that I'd walk into my old employer's building and take one of my old uniforms from them. Somehow, I knew that my uniforms would still be there for the taking. Now, I was also aware that you need to have a keycard to access various parts of this building - which is true in real life. So, when the real employees were entering that building, I just stayed close to them and let them provide access via their keycards. I reached the locker area where the uniforms were kept, but the lighting was poor so I had to feel my way to the general location of where my uniforms ought to have been. I did end up finding one of my uniforms, but I recognized that the shirt was long-sleeved, which wasn't quite what I wanted...but I took it, anyways.

I made my way back out of this place, and I noticed that the employees were assembled for their pre-shift meeting. The supervisor was going over daily information and giving everyone their job assignments. I heard him say my name and where I was supposed to work, which surprised me a little considering I haven't been there in over a month. The other employees said something to him about me not working there. I wasn't actually a part of their meeting - just passing through, trying to not be noticed by him - so I didn't catch his reaction. I ended up getting out of the building with the uniform.

I made my way across the street to my current employer, and I found that they were also having a pre-shift meeting. There seemed to be a few new employees, but the big deal was that there was an older, female employee. In real life, there aren't any females out on the production floor...although there is one new lady who started shortly before I did, but in a separate area. In the dream, while the woman was older, she appeared to be used to the kind of work we were doing, so I felt that she might be a good fit. She was looking forward to working with us, and I was interested in seeing how she'd work out.

Any thoughts on this dream are appreciated.
-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Stolen Uniform And The New Employee

Post by daphanie02 on Mon May 14, 2012 7:30 am

That's funny! I dreamed I was a new employee last night at a place I hadn't worked at in a while...thanks for reminding me of that one! LOL

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO LOST IN GOD THAT A MAN MUST SEEK HIM FIRST IN ORDER TO FIND HER

daphanie02
Supporting Member/Senior Coordinator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Mon May 14, 2012 8:03 am

It's weird how all it takes is one little key to unlock a dream that was forgotten. Heh, I had it happen again the next night. I forgot the dream, then remembered it when I saw something at the grocery store.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by daphanie02 on Mon May 14, 2012 10:34 am

lol yeah I love those little reminders He sends us!!!

Laura Boaz (aka Daph)

A WOMAN'S HEART SHOULD BE SO LOST IN GOD THAT A MAN MUST SEEK HIM FIRST IN ORDER TO FIND HER

daphanie02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Mon May 14, 2012 12:58 pm

Just thoughts...

The first part of your dream where you went back to your old employer to get the uniform then went back to your current employer reminds of traits/skills/knowledge/equipment that we bring with us from past (job) experiences so that we can apply them to our current situation.

Is there anything like that going on IRL?

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Mon May 14, 2012 8:31 pm

Well, I'd say that there is. Since coming back to my original job, I'm on a different shift with a bunch of new people, and I'm having to draw from my own past experiences as both an operator and a leadership figure in order to bring these others up to speed - and also to remind myself what it was like to be a new employee.

Otherwise, in a non-work related way, I'm actually thinking about putting together a workout/training/diet plan in order to prepare for a full marathon later this year...if I actually commit to doing it. I did a half marathon last year. Hmmm...you know, I wonder if the application actually fits this more than something work-related. I'm actually not overly thrilled with the idea of running such a long race, but I'd do it if I decided that this was what I wanted to do. Heh, I sorta see a connection to the long-sleeved shirt, here.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by L4JC on Wed May 16, 2012 7:40 am

Hi Mark!

I agree with Lola21st there with her assessment of your dream. I was thinking along the same lines. But I do have a thought about the older woman in the dream. I wondered if possibly she may be someone you'll gain a few pointers from? As in the dream, you felt she was a good fit only after thinking she may not be at first.

Enjoyed reading your dream. You always seem to have "job-related" dreams. When I dream of "job-related" dreams, I always try to ask the Lord if there are traits He feels needs more "polishing" in order to give my best performance for Him on the job.

Sunny

L4JC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Wed May 16, 2012 7:54 am

Thanks, Sunny. I DO have a lot of job-related dreams, that's for sure!

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Wed May 16, 2012 9:57 am

Hi Mark -

It may well be about your marathon training as that is work too (i.e., working out)...on a side note, that's very cool that you're training for a marathon, I'm training for a half marathon myself! I did a full marathon about 10 yrs ago so am doing this one in commemoration...

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Wed May 16, 2012 10:19 am

Nice, Lurdys! I did my first half last year...and it killed me! :) But, both of my sisters do marathons all the time, and they're always telling me that I'm "built for it" so I should do it, too. I've been tossing some ideas around as to what to do as a training plan (besides running, obviously) and can't quite settle on one.

Oddly enough, I just thought that my last night's dream could actually be about that very thing!

http://miasherwood.forumotion.net/t17009-hugs-all-around

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 4:10 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top