Brother being my boyfriend?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Brother being my boyfriend?

Post by happiness80 on Fri May 11, 2012 4:19 pm

Please share your thoughts, upon waking from this dream I was not very comfortable but here it is,

Seems I was with my brother and he was holding me like a boyfriend would, but in the dream I was comfortable, I was also thinking in my mind "He's really looking after me well" He had his arms around me and we walked down a busy city street. I noticed other men in cars and their reactions at me with this big guy, they seemed to just stare and I noticed they were thinking "Whats she doing with him". Because we looked like a mismatched couple.
Then it seems we were walking down another street and two other females were present. Seems they really liked him and were irritated with me as I had to stop and tie my shoelaces up. They were really annoyed with me because they wanted my brother to hurry up and walk with them, but my brother waited patiently for me and wouldnt leave my side until I had finished tying my laces up. I felt really self concious that he was so popular and all these women wanted him but I felt surprise and glad that he would stay with me and ignored them and their catty attitudes.

In this dream it seems we were more than brother and sister and i did feel slightly uncomfortable upon waking. IRL my brother lives overseas and we are close. I immediately sensed he was symbolic, but hoped someone would have some insight.

happiness80

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Brother being my boyfriend?

Post by lola21st on Mon May 14, 2012 2:10 pm

Just thoughts...

I agree with you, I believe that in this dream your brother is symbolic. There may be traits of his that are similar to a new beau or the way that he treats you IRL that will be similar to the way you're treated by a future boyfriend. The surprise and good feelings that you had in the dream are the same ones that you'll have IRL when the dream manifests. flower

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by owen on Mon May 14, 2012 7:31 pm

I agree with lola...

I was also thinking that your brother could be symbolic of Jesus, remember that He is also our "Big Brother". If you believe that you have an intimate relationship with our Big Brother in heaven, maybe, those girls who were irritated were those people who have noticed your closeness with God, and perhaps they admire or are jealous with your closeness with HIM.

hee hee

owen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Deborah on Mon May 14, 2012 9:33 pm

Yes, I agree with Owen on this one. I'm reminded of that verse in Proverbs (18:24) where it says "A man who has friends must himself be friendly, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother." I think this Friend is Jesus. I think it's so neat Jesus would wait for you to tie your shoelaces--He really does care about our walk with Him and He does promise to never leave us or forsake us. Perhaps there's some preventative measure you're taking now irl that's going to keep you from stumbling in your walk with Jesus later on.

Deborah
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by happiness80 on Tue May 15, 2012 12:41 am

Thanks for all your thoughts guys, I have to say Lola your response was exactly what I thought when I first woke up, IRL there is someone who I have considered who I am beginning to find has very similar traits to my little brother and perhaps thats why I am drawn to him, my brother has always been respectful and protective of me, however I'm being cautious and will stand back and continue to pray. I did also think of Jesus but I think the current situation Im going through doesnt fit so well with my brother being symbolic for him.

Will keep praying
Thanks!

happiness80

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 5:16 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top