An Ad For My Brother

View previous topic View next topic Go down

An Ad For My Brother

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Fri May 11, 2012 8:55 am

I can only remember a couple details of this quick dream. I'm partly putting this here so that it's written down if anything happens.

In the dream, I remember looking through ads in a newspaper. I reached an ad saying that my city was going to be hiring a few firefighters. I was happy to read this because I knew that my brother would be interested, and even more excited that it was in my city. I was going to tell him about it, but then I thought that I shouldn't bring it up - that he probably already knew about it and may get upset if someone mentioned a firefighting opportunity.

In real life, my brother is a volunteer firefighter for a nearby town (where he lives), but he's not fully employed there - he gets paid when he responds to a call. To be hired on by a department is his desire as this brings stability and job security. He's had interviews in cities that are further away from home, but has not been selected. He's especially disappointed in a recent rejection since he was denied because his application was postmarked a day after the cut-off, which isn't even his fault. Because of that, the rest of us siblings don't bring the subject up.

I was thinking that the dream may be prophetic (he hasn't interviewed with my city), but that my response at the end is direction for me in real life - that I shouldn't tell him about it in advance.

-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: An Ad For My Brother

Post by Shan on Fri May 11, 2012 11:30 am

I know you said you were partly posting this for recording purposes, but just wanted to share that I do believe this is prophetic. I'm only sharing this because I have a particular testimony regarding getting specific with a job.

Many years ago I was praying for a particular job with specific pay in a specific area of town, close to me. I went on interview after interview and didn't get the job due to someone else being more qualified. I got on my knees and reminded God of His Word. I then thought I was running out of time and begged God for favor in a job I wasn't that thrilled about. God said to me, "Do you want this job?" I said, "No, Lord." He replied, "Then why are you asking Me for it? Don't you know I can provide a job beyond what you could ask or imagine?" Well, I didn't get that job and I DID get the job I wanted! God's also given me dreams about friends getting jobs that I prayed about and they have gotten them.

I believe this is a call to pray a job for him into being because you were the one who "saw the ad." The job may actually be in your town or it could just represent that you are the key to him getting a job.

I'll be praying!

Shan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tbsmilesbig on Fri May 11, 2012 12:43 pm

Wow, Shan!! That is an AWESOME testimony! I moved a couple of months ago and have been praying for direction to a job. Thanks for sharing that because it resonated with my spirit and this wasn't even my posting! laugh

Prayers for your brother getting his heart's desire, Mark! thumbs

tbsmilesbig

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shan on Fri May 11, 2012 9:10 pm

I'm so glad that ministered to you, tb! I pray for favor for you too on your jouney! :hooray:

Shan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Fri May 11, 2012 9:56 pm

Agreed! That IS an awesome testimony! Thanks for sharing! And, naturally, I will do as you suggest - I'll be praying for my brother's situation!

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 8:19 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top