Dream of classmate about to fornicate

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dream of classmate about to fornicate

Post by Jazzy on Fri May 11, 2012 2:46 am

I was talking to a guy to give him back something I borrowed (he actually went to my high school). One of my grad classmates (we actually sat beside each other in class for a month or two during the semester and she has been in a few of my other dreams) saw me and joined us. Next thing I know the conversation turns into my current classmate basically putting herself out there to this guy. And of course he's just enjoying it, allowing her to talk more and more. I remember her specifically saying that she still liked him. In my mind I thought why even tell him that to make yourself more vulnerable than what you already are. Then as their conversation went on, I realized they used to date. I was so repulsed by her that I was just fed up, so I told them they had some talking to do and I will leave to let them be. She was going to leave with me initially because I had her keys and another object of hers in my bag, but I took those things out and left them with her. I walked out the door. Then I felt like I should at least shed a little light to their situation without sounding like a mother and telling her what to do. I turned around to go back to the room. When I opened the door I told her don't feel obligated to do anything. But what I saw was her sitting on top of the guy and kissing him. They both giggled because they were about to start what I implied not to do. I sighed and shook my head and left. I was going to exit the building by walking out a window at the end of the hall because that was what me and a few other people did before in the dream like it was normal. But when I got to the window this time, I was scared of the height. Also there were three other girls in the room this time, and one of the girls told me she thought I was going to go through the window. I instead exited by walking down the stairs.
------------------------------------------------------------
I was confused why I had a dream like this. When I woke up I realized I was on my computer before nodding off to sleep and I still had my contacts in my eyes, so I fell asleep at the computer. I didn't say my prayers beforehand. But then I also remembered at Bible study on Wed we were discussing how Potiphar's wife tried to sleep with Joseph in the book of Genesis and what temptation means to us and how we deal with it. I felt like our discussion was more suited for the unmarried people in the Bible study, but I also recalled my past situations and my single friends during discussion. Any thoughts about the dream?

Jazzy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dream of classmate about to fornicate

Post by lola21st on Tue May 15, 2012 12:31 pm

hi jazzy2968 -

Just thoughts, not an interpretation...

Your dream may well have been a reflection of the bible study. If the couple in your dream aren't social friends IRL then it's possible that this dream is more about you and how you deal with others who are struggling with temptations or behaving inappropriately.

I think the fact that you were exiting the building using the windows instead of a door at first and then used the stairs to exit is significant but I don't understand it right now, others may be able to help you with this...

Hope this has helped somewhat! flower

Bless You

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jazzy on Wed May 16, 2012 8:22 am

Hi Lola thank you for your response. I honestly do not know the best way to speak with friends and family who encounter temptations. I know how to handle my own temptations, but when it comes to another person's life, I definitely take a huge step back. I do that because I don't want to tell them wrong or I don't want to sound too controlling. I think I do that too because it's happened to me before and I don't want to be like that person. Then sometimes I wonder if I am short-changing them because I'm not conveying enough wisdom. Hmm, now I guess that's something I need to add to my prayers.

I can't remember what happened the previous times after I went through the window in the dream. But I wonder if I floated back to ground-level. If so, that makes me wonder if that would be a form of flying which I learned from a previous post symbolizes our spiritual walk. Because of those girls' presence in the room and me noticing the height, I decided not to go through the window that time. I didn't take that leap of faith?

Jazzy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Wed May 16, 2012 12:15 pm

Hi jazzy2968 -

I know how to handle my own temptations, but when it comes to another person's life, I definitely take a huge step back. I do that because I don't want to tell them wrong or I don't want to sound too controlling. I think I do that too because it's happened to me before and I don't want to be like that person. Then sometimes I wonder if I am short-changing them because I'm not conveying enough wisdom. Hmm, now I guess that's something I need to add to my prayers.

I think that this is what your dream is about. Perhaps it is something the Lord wants to work with you on because you'll be in this position in the future (if you haven't been already) where you can encourage/exhort others.

I'm still wondering about the scene with the windows and I wonder if it may be more about misusing something, using something for a purpose that it's not designed for. We're not supposed to walk through windows, we're supposed to walk through doors. While you walked through windows in the dream, at some point you decided to walk down the stairs and through doors which is what they're designed for. scratching chin

One other thing that I wanted to note is in reference to this statement that you made:

If so, that makes me wonder if that would be a form of flying which I learned from a previous post symbolizes our spiritual walk.

I would caution you that while flying may have meant spiritual walk in that dream doesn't necessarily mean that that's what flying means in your dream (though it could). I try to be loose with symbols because a dream's context will determine the meaning and the Lord will reveal it to you. Over time, you'll begin to discover your own personal symbol vocabulary that the Lord has with you.

In my case, when I dream of flying it usually has to do with something that the Lord is showing me so I'm seeing it from His perspective and seeing something for what it is. When you can see something from 10,000 feet above you see it more completely and see angles that you might not otherwise see while on the ground. With that, flying for me tends to mean being in the spirit which is slightly different than one's spiritual walk. For me, my spiritual walk is more about my spiritual life (e.g., my church, my faith, my prayer life, my bible study time, etc.) and my spiritual growth or progress. Does this make sense?

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jazzy on Wed May 16, 2012 8:03 pm

Thank you Lola for the distinction between spiritual walk and being in the spirit because without you telling me I would have thought the two were interchangeable.

I remember taking a spiritual gift questionnaire last year and exhortation was one of the higher scored categories, if not the highest. I am not sure if it is accurate for everyone, but after reading the exhortation description I thought that fit well with me. I remember reading the lower scored items descriptions and recognizing those definitely did not fit with me. I definitely need to work on exhortation more and pray for guidance as to when and how to exhort.

As for the window vs. door, I did not think twice about it while recalling my dream. You are right though, you generally would leave a building through a door and not a window. All I can remember was in a scene before I returned an item to that guy, me and other people (I don't remember who they were) were going out the window to get outside but I don't know what for. We went in and out for something twice or so. It seemed harmless and I don't remember a sense of danger, except after I tried to leave the final time and instead took the stairs.

Jazzy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 10:00 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top