The Drive Back To The Call-Center Job

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Drive Back To The Call-Center Job

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Wed May 02, 2012 7:34 am

Hello, everyone -

This dream began with me being taken to an event by my mother. We may have been in a car, but we were definitely driving on train tracks. These tracks were quite a ways off the ground, but they were supported and all...just so you don't think that they were floating in the air or something. In addition, these tracks were running over a river. It was like they were built in a way that they were running right down the middle of the river. So, we're zipping along toward our destination, and I was a little concerned about how fast we were going. Then, there was another point where we were travelling pretty close to another vehicle on the same tracks, and I was afraid that if they suddenly stopped that we could hit them.

We reached our destination. It was some type of restaurant or banquet hall-thing. It felt a little like a family get-together, in a way. There were these booths all around, and I ended up sitting in one with a few people from my old job at a call center. I also saw some of the supervisors from this place walking around us. Then, someone told me that we all had to work for half the day. I was not happy about this. It felt like it would if, say, I had to miss a part of a family event because of work - which is to say, it would be a bit of a bummer. The supervisors went around and gave everyone their tools to work. I believe we got our headsets (to take calls) and some device that we would plug into to take the calls that was like a computer...but not a full-blown setup. I sat there with my headset on, dreading having to do this. In real life, this is a job that I'd never work at again. I was really good at it, but it stressed me out terribly. So, in the dream, it was just about time to begin, and I decided that I wasn't going through with this. I stood up and stepped out from the booth that I was in. One of the supervisors (who looked older than I remember) said something to me about how he figured I'd do this. He said it sort of matter-of-factly, not in a way to make me feel guilty or anything.

Any thoughts?
-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Drive Back To The Call-Center Job

Post by Shan on Thu May 03, 2012 2:56 pm

Hey Mark,

These are just my thoughts here, but thought I'd share what came to my mind.

When I think of train tracks, it seems to be the one mode of transportation whose course is not easily changed. You're kind of "locked in" for a period of time. But if you were indeed in a car it could be that your course seems to be locked in (tracks) but is actually navigatable. It seems you change the course or direction as to how things are going for you by deciding that you weren't going to go through with this particular assignment. You may have already gone through this so-called training ground and are ready for what comes next. Do you feel that the river symbolized the Holy Spirit in any way?

I've noticed that a lot of your dreams have had to do with something job related lately, even if it is in the background and not the foreground. Just wondering if this is a theme for some reason? If this doesn't make sense, toss it!

Shan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Fri May 04, 2012 12:59 am

Thanks, Shan! I've been thinking that this dream might be about going back to school. It's not something that I'm interested in do, but I feel some pressure from my boss (cousin) to take advantage of the tuition reimbursement that the company offers. So, there's the work-connection. Also, the feeling of dread within this dream is similar to how I feel about the idea of returning to school. My problem isn't with actually going, though...it's the fact that I don't have a desire to go, nor do I have an end-goal to strive towards. I'm not the sort of person to invest my own time (and some of my money) into something that my heart isn't in.

Now, when I look at train tracks, I see them the same way that you described. This could very well be a period of time where I'm stuck on a particular course. Even so, perhaps the outcome of the dream is how it'll be in real life - that I'll choose to not go through with it. At least (according to the dream) my supervisor will have known in advance that I was going to make the choice that I did (will).

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 11:38 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top