dream: out of the body experience? I'm not sure.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

dream: out of the body experience? I'm not sure.

Post by owen on Tue May 01, 2012 8:55 pm

A little background of this dream.

It has been a month that my wife and I have been sharing the Word of God to this couple. they are 20 years older than us. We have known them before as acquaintances. They were Roman Catholic. It started when the woman suffered from heart stroke. She was lying on the bed for two weeks after she was admitted to the hospital. Unexpectedly, her husband was rushed to the hospital because of stomach complications, which the doctors couldn't find out the real cause of the disease. While he was in the hospital, a close friend of ours and a strong christian woman, called us to share Jesus with the wife(the one who suffered heart stroke). Because we live in the same area, my wife, I, and a close friend, were visiting her 4 times a week. We talked about God, prayed for her and brought healthy food for her while her husband was in the hospital. We saw her gaining strength eveday. We saw her began walking slowly. We also saw her accepting the word of God in her heart, in fact she told us that what she learned from the Bible she shared it with her husband through phone. I remember that as we arrived in her house we always see the Bible beside where she sits.

Last week his husband was brought back to his house after spending 3 weeks in the hospital. and this night, as we visited the couple for a prayer and a Bible study. He told us his dream.

He said that while he was in the hospital, his wife called him everyday, encouraging him to believe in God. One night before he slept, he talked to God. He said that he wanted a knew body, because he didn't want his old weak body. then he went to a deep sleep.

After that, all he knew was... he was standing beside his bed looking at his own body. Suddenly, a man came to him. The man looks exactly the same as him. The husband asked him his name. The man said a name, the same name as he has. Apparently, the man is he. The man told him to take hold on his arm so that he can take him somewhere else where he could have his new body. The husband felt like he was enticing him to come. He was looking at this man with his strong and healthy body but he had doubts and fear. So, he said no, but this man kept persuading him to come until he(the husband) tried to reach for his arm. And as soon as he holds his arm he saw his physiccal body fell from the bed and he felt pain in his stomach. All he knew that he was back on his body, and he's on the floor, very awake with stomach pains.

I wrote his dream immediately as we arrived home from the couple's house so that I couldn't forget every detail of his dream.

Honestly, I am not sure of this kind of dream, If anyone has thoughts about this, please do help......

All I know and I am very thankful to God that they started to trust Him, and accepted Him in their lives, and still praying continually til they receive their full healing.

:imconfused: Owen, still puzzled

owen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: dream: out of the body experience? I'm not sure.

Post by owen on Wed May 02, 2012 4:33 pm

:help:

owen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Deborah on Wed May 02, 2012 9:02 pm

Okay, I'm going out on a limb here--please disregard if this doesn't resonate with you and I will try to not take it personally. lol!

Psalm 91 says God gives us angels to take charge over us--guardian angels, if you will. I think satan's counterfeit to guardian angels are familiar spirits. Since satan can't be everywhere at the same time like God can, I think familiar spirits keep tabs on us and know us probably better than we know ourselves.

I'm wondering if your friend saw into a spiritual realm when he was sleeping and saw his familiar spirit. The Bible says satan comes as an angel of light and so for your friend a healed healthy body, basically a clone of himself only better, has to look pretty enticing.

I was raised a Catholic and eventually got led into some New Age teachings before I got saved. I remember when I found out about familiar spirits it explained a lot of things--like how when under hypnosis a person could access past lives and speak languages he or she didn't know irl--it wasn't a person from a past life that was being accessed, but a familiar spirit who knew very personal details about the life of the person hypnotized. Hypnosis is a lot more evil than most people realize, but that's another subject....

Another thought is I've heard of people who have died and come back who have said they rose above their bodies and watched what was going on, sometimes went to heaven but eventually came back into their bodies--a separation of the body and the spirit if you will. This is another possibility, but this dream seems a little more sinister than that....

Deborah
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by owen on Thu May 03, 2012 4:05 am

I have thought of what you said. I know that other non-christian beliefs teach spirituality to the extent of doing practices such as trascendental meditation, astral projection, levitation etc. But it seems like my friend was experiencing the what they call "out of the body experience", that it was just not a dream, that it really happened in the spiritual realm.

I aslo think that the man he saw was a familiar spirit and definitely evil.
And I'm afraid to say that if my friend went with that man(familiar spirit) somewhere else, he couldn't have returned to his body.

I post his dream for the reason that I dont want to rely on what I have understood about it, but also to consider what others might say.

Thanks deb, I think we are looking at the same direction on this matter.

Thanks for your thoughts!

hee hee Owen, somehow feeling relieved.

owen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 7:53 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top