Very gruesome and disturbing dream

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Very gruesome and disturbing dream

Post by DonnaDi31Proverbi on Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:46 pm

Dream:

My family and I were on some kind of vacation (I dream a lot about my family), along with my boyfriend, somewhere in Atlanta. We were leaving, on our way home, when somehow we ended up in Mississippi at a restaurant that my aunt owned. While there, I noticed that all the customers were white and my family and I were the only blacks there. I went to the bathroom and as I passed by, one of the men called me a dummy. I was deeply angered and told my aunt about it. She didn't say anything, so I went back out into the dining room and asked who had called me a dummy. We a guy stood and owned up to it. I was really angry and continued to "talk junk" when he came up and pulled out a knife. I was afraid, but tried really hard not to act afraid. We kept arguing and he kept coming closer as I backed away. We ended up outside where my oldest brother and some large biker-types were standing. They approached the man and my brother told him, "I'm going to kill you."

Instantly, almost like a movie, the dream cut to a large open area, almost like a junk yard, but there was no junk. Everything had gone black and white or sepia-colored except for the blood. There was lots and lots of blood. The big biker-looking men, who were dressed more goth-like than biker, tied the man down and were taking bricks and shoving them into the man's mouth and beating them down with sledge hammers. Each time the hit, loads of blood would geyser up and drench the mens' faces. And each time that happened, there was a like a close up shot of the person's face. And I remember vividly seeing the man in grave agony and covered in blood with his eyes wide open and filled with horror. The men who were torturing him were laughing and grinning. I also remember chain saws and other objects meant to torture this man. My anger toward the man was gone I was horrified and thought that he didn't deserve what was happening to him. It was so horrible in fact, I made myself wake up.

I don't watch horror movies anymore, haven't really in about 3 years. I really don't hate anyone or hold any grudges, so why on earth would I dream something so horrible???

DonnaDi31Proverbi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Very gruesome and disturbing dream

Post by Lori Lane on Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:31 pm

Dear one, I believe the Lord was showing you just how violent anger can be, even if it is only words we use. We can kill each other with our words and to the Lord it is very violent. No one deserves that kind of treatment. Not you, not the man who was being beaten, not anyone. I think the Lord was giving you a picture of anger and its destruction.. Blessings, Lori

Lori Lane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DonnaDi31Proverbi on Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:46 pm

I never talk to people that way though. I don't harbor anger. I did for awhile, but God dealt with me very thoroughly on that and I have been able to forgive that person and also asked for forgiveness. But the dream just seemed so random and unattached to anything that is going on with me.

I do however see your interpretation though with the theme of harsh words and then how they were putting the bricks in his mouth. Maybe I should pray more about it. Is it possible that it was just a random dream?

DonnaDi31Proverbi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lori Lane on Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:54 pm

It is possible it was a random dream. But it was so graffic and something you won't forget. I did not mean to imply you talked to people that way. I do believe we dream from things that are imbeded in our councious from way back, that we no longer act out. I still believe though it was a picture for all of us...
Just my thoughts, I know our Father will show you what He wants you to see. :bighug:

Lori Lane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DonnaDi31Proverbi on Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:06 pm

Thank you very much for your insight! flower

DonnaDi31Proverbi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 4:34 am

Sponsored content