A dream with it's interpretations

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A dream with it's interpretations

Post by RnestseekR on Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:40 am

Dream date 10/15/08: My family is all back at my Alzheimer grandmother's house in Topeka. We came back to the house because she had died and we were there for the funeral. I was in a spare bedroom off the garage (whcih does not exist IRL), laying on a bed. Out of nowhere, Grandma appears and lays on top of me. She is at least 30 years younger, no wrinkles. I tell her how much I missed her. She starts to talk and is initially making sense, but the longer she talks, the more she reverts to her usual Alz self, not making any sense.
Then she gets up and walks through her house. She heads back towards her old bedroom. I follow. As I come through the dining room, her neice P. has filled it with all-new. matching furniture, even a headboard is there - arranged in a circle for visiting after the funeral. I follow Grandma back to her bedroom. She has no idea it is her bedroom. Up to this point, the whole house had been cleaned out of everything. But in her room were stcks upon stacks of shoes. I think, "This was all cleaned out. Where did this come from? How did we miss this? I am sure P and N are going to complain that I didn't take care of this mess first." I turn and in the top of her closet are stacks and stacks of books. During this time, Grandma has reverted to her old, unknowing self and is trying to get into someone else's bed. And I think, "She isn't dead anymore. We aren't going to have a funeral now. And now I have to come back and clean out this house AGAIN! And now that she's back in her house, how will I ever get her back to the nursing home? She won't want to leave here, but clearly she's not in her right mind anymore." END OF DREAM

INTERPRETATION:
When I had this dream I had NO IDEA that God would have planned for me to bring grandma to my home (the spare bedroom off the garage was actually a spare bedroom at my house!). I never thought my husband would be OK with me bringing Grandma home with us, but God opened his heart. I have a dream about a river, which is erroneously posted under questions about dreams and dreams interpretations. It spells out more of the situation.
After making the decision to bring Grandma home with us, I asked the Lord for confirmation of the decision and was suddenly reminded about this dream, which I had journaled, but then forgotten.
IRL, the events of the dream are actually reversed!
The circle of furniture has a double-meaning. As I was worrying about all that had to be done in the days before bringing Grandma home, I realized I needed a hospital bed and a recliner. The circle of furniture was all matching. Grandma did get new furniture, but the thing that unified it was not the pattern or style of the furniture, but the NEED. Grandma's oversized dressers were too big for the room we were putting her in. Incidently, both my daughters were in need of dressers. So, Grandma's stuff got handed down and Grandma got new furniture. Grandma needed a side table, so we took that from one of the girls and brought it down for Grandma. See, the furniture came "full circle"!
The room where I put Grandma had been my office. I wondered initially, "Where am I going to put all these books???" And when we actually moved her, she had a ton of shoes. Where would I put them? I referred back to the dream (As I was now finally just getting the clue that there might be some creative wisdom in it) saw shows in the top of a closet. Went through the closets in my house and found exactly enough room in one of the kid's closet for all those shoes!
Hospice thought Grandma would be home with us 4-5 weeks, she lasted 36 hours and passed away Dec 2, 08. In the journaled version of the dream, I wrote "Out of nowhere, Grandma appears and lays on top of me." That's exactly how her death came: out of nowhere.
The night before she passed, she had a few moments of absolute clarity that she has not had in years. She knew exactly who I was and that my brother was a grown-up now. At the end of my dream, she was in her right mind! But it was she came to lay on top of me. But after the funriture went full-circle. Unfortunately, in the moment of being excited to have a conversation with the non-Alz Grandma, I missed the sign that her death would be near. If I would have remembered the dream, i would have called my brother and had him come so he could be with her one last time too.
N & P had significance in real life too. I'd rather not share that, but want you to know that God smoothed that out too.
Since everything else in my dream, came to be (all-be-it in reverse order) then I am encouraged by the beginning of the dream: Grandma was restored - both in her mind and body.
I don't understand, though, why she came to hover/lay over me. I would appreciate insight here.
I also wonder if the reason she held on so long (she had been sick for a VERY long time) was because she didn't know where she was. Once she had the moment of clarity, she knew where she was and who she with, she was able to relax and let go. Do you think that's what the end of the dream is about? Getting into a bed that didn't belong to her and she knew it?

RnestseekR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A dream with it's interpretations

Post by Lori Lane on Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:49 pm

Hi Rnestseekr, I am wondering if her laying over you was a symbol of just how close and intimate the moment of clarity was for her and you and how you will always have that time with your grandma to remember as a sign over you... Just a thought dear one.

I trust the Lord is comforting you with his love during this time...

Blessings, Lori

Lori Lane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RnestseekR on Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:07 pm

Thanks Lori - great thought!

RnestseekR

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 12:11 am