Dream I had as a little girl that I still don't understand

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dream I had as a little girl that I still don't understand

Post by Shan on Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:29 pm

When I was little girl about the age of 7 or 8, I had a fear of angels. I thought that if angels had to tell characters in the Bible not to be afraid, then their initial presence must have been pretty scary! So I would pray each night to God that He would not let an angel appear to me. But in His gentleness, He gave me my first 2 memorable and spiritual dreams in the same night, which calmed my fear of angels.

The first one is pretty straighforward. I was standing in the kitchen with my mom when all of a sudden our front door flew open with a gust of wind and 7 angels flew into our living room. The first angel was the biggest and brightest and he looked at me and said very seriously, "Jesus is coming back soon." He was probably 6 1/2 ' tall and the others were around 5'11'. He turned and flew back out with the other angels in precision following behind. I was not afraid at all in this dream.

2nd dream. This one has perplexed me for about 32 yrs!
I was standing on the school grounds that were directly in front of my childhood home (irl we lived across from a jr. high.) That school had three grades - 7, 8 and 9 and they each had their own hallway with a sidewalk leading up to the doors. On each of these sidewalks in my dream were these Corinthian columns that were broken off about midway. On top of these columns were angels and they were ascending and descending repeatedly. They wouldn't get very far up in the air before they would come back down. This dream was all in gray-scale. This is one of only 3 dreams that have not been full color dreams. While I wasn't afraid of these angels, I didn't understand their purpose. It kind of felt dull. End of dream.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Shan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dream I had as a little girl that I still don't understand

Post by Deborah on Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:40 pm

The second dream reminds me of Genesis 28:12 where Jacob dreamed and "a ladder was set up on the earth, and its top reached to heaven and there the angels of God were ascending and descending on it."

I heard a Bible scholar say once that the ladder in that scripture is a place where lots of prayer has gone up, a portal if you will. If this is true, it's possible some godly person in the community where you lived would stand on those sidewalks and pray for that school. The gray scale part of your dream might symbolize warfare--I know some of my warfare dreams are like that. These are just my thoughts....

Deborah
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gracee (lionhgirl) on Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:50 pm

Just about the 2nd dream - Interesting that you thought of posting this dream after your 'mass exodus' dream, do you feel like God brought this dream to your memory at this time? Just after that Genesis passage there's this awesome promise from God -

“I am the Lord, the God of your father Abraham and the God of Isaac. I will give you and your descendants the land on which you are lying. Your descendants will be like the dust of the earth, and you will spread out to the west and to the east, to the north and to the south -(this part reminded me of your exodus dream). All peoples on earth will be blessed through you and your offspring. I am with you and will watch over you wherever you go, and I will bring you back to this land. I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you. ”
When Jacob awoke from his sleep, he thought, “Surely the Lord is in this place, and I was not aware of it.” He was afraid and said, “How awesome is this place! This is none other than the house of God; this is the gate of heaven.”

gracee (lionhgirl)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shan on Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:39 am

Hi Deborah,

I had the same thoughts as you did about Jacob's ladder. The only thing I didn't understand was that the angels weren't going all the way up to heaven. The part that you said about a person praying and the spiritual warfare is some good food for thought. I'd never considered that lack of color could mean warfare. This is a definite possibility! In my dreams it has referred to the past.

Thank you so much!

Shan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shan on Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:50 am

Hi lionhearted,

Thank you for your post! It was quite encouraging regarding my exodus dream! I don't know if God brought this dream to my memory or not. I've been reading a book on dreams and there is one chapter on the law of the double-dream, where God makes a point by giving a theme twice in a dream like He did in Pharoh's dream of the 7 cows and the 7 heads on a stalk of wheat. I was trying to recall if I'd ever had this happen and I was reminded that I dreamed of angels twice in one night. But who knows, it still could be the Lord trying to tell me something...

Blessings!

Shan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:43 pm

What I thought about the angels not going all the way up is "prayerlessness". It's interesting that these angels were at a school because our schools are in a state of emergency in the US and possibly this could be a call for prayer so the angels could FULLY ascend and descend.

The gray scale could also be an indicator of "the blahs", if you will. Sort of like an overcast day. Maybe indicating how God sees this situation. Have you ever had a desire to pray for the educational system or that school in particular?

Just my two cents and not an interpretation...

Do not fight FOR victory, but fight FROM THE PLACE of victory. Jesus has ALREADY won the battle!

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shan on Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:07 pm

Hey Cholette,

Love your new Avatar! I haven't had the desire to pray for schools lately. I've been more apathetic about them the past few years if I'm being honest. Maybe that's something to consider--praying for the schools in our nation or that one in particular. Have any ideas as to why this would be shown to a 7 yr. old girl? I just haven't known what the Lord was showing me. I'll be in prayer about it though.

Thanks!

Shan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 1:49 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top