Old man and the closet on the front porch

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Old man and the closet on the front porch

Post by tbsmilesbig on Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:51 am

This dream is from the end of January - I'm not sure if it is still valid for my life at this moment. It hasn't seemed to manifest yet, so I could still use some input.

I was in someoneís house and they were looking for or waiting for an old man to arrive. I wondered where the guy was. His hat was there, along with his jacket. The lady whose house I was at threw his jacket and hat on the floor next to the door. I went to put his stuff in the closet outside because I thought it should be hung up - the closet was on the front porch of their house. I found my cell phone on top of his hat, so I took it. I thought, "oh this is mine." Not sure what happened after that. Iím not too sure how I really felt in the dream, either. I just remember thinking his stuff should be put on hangers and I got the impression the man was old. Also, the front door was locked when I went to go back in the house, so someone had to come and open if for me. If I'm remembering correctly the door being locked surprised me as if to say, "I wasn't expecting this to be locked!"

Any thoughts?

Last edited by tbsmilesbig on Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:45 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : edited grammar for clarification! :-))

tbsmilesbig

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Old man and the closet on the front porch

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:40 am

tbsmilesbig wrote:The ladyís house that I was at threw his jacket and hat on the floor next to the door.

Can you clarify this line a little for me? Did the lady throw his stuff near the door...or did something else do it? Also, I know you said you weren't sure about your feelings in the dream, but what did you think about this action? And did the lady seem to be upset that the man wasn't there?

-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tbsmilesbig on Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:52 am

Okay, Mark. I edited that line because the way I wrote it made it sound like the house threw the man's stuff! laugh

Anyway, the owner of the house threw his stuff; she seemed a bit as a matter of fact from what I could remember - more on the upset end that he wasn't there. When I saw her throw the stuff I felt that it shouldn't be left on the floor. Picking it up was my first instinct.

tbsmilesbig

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:27 am

Hey, in a dream, you never know who or what may be performing an action! :)

Now, these are only my thoughts on the dream. I looked at the hat and jacket as types of covering for this individual...or, elements related to his calling. Do you know anyone that's not present where they really ought to be ministering? The age of the man in the dream could signify a real life elderly person, or someone who is spiritually mature. Even an Elder.

The contrast in the treatment of his possessions within the dream is interesting. Does this line up with real life in any way? Meaning, you witness someone's disregard for this person's calling/ministry/etc, while you feel that there's a more appropriate way to handle the situation while this person isn't present? Let me state something at this point: The individual may be physically present in real life, just not fulfilling their duties or functioning in their calling.

The last part of the dream also makes me wonder. Your recognizing of your cell phone could show you recognizing the situation as your responsibility to pray for the person. It may also be more literal, like to communicate with them. Now for the part where you were temporarily locked out: This may be to show you the intentions of others toward this person. You, yourself, weren't meant to be excluded from the house, but I would think that they do mean to do so with the old man.

Does this fit a real life situation?
-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tbsmilesbig on Wed May 02, 2012 11:27 pm

Hmmm. Nothing is striking a chord with me at this moment as to who is represented in this one. Guess we'll just have to wait and see. Thanks for responding, Mark.

tbsmilesbig

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 12:34 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top