Showering at a friend's house

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Showering at a friend's house

Post by Jazzy on Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:05 am

There was an outside event going on, but as the night went on it started getting rowdy. After I heard the chaos going on, I went inside someone's house (it was open for everyone but unsure who the owner was). I wanted to take a shower, so I went to the owner's bedroom to find their shower. I was about to get in, then I realized I probably shouldn't be all the way in their personal bathroom. I remembered they had another shower, but it was dead smack in their living room. Nobody was in the house at that time so I figured I'd go ahead and get in that one. The thought was on my mind that someone could possibly walk in but nothing happened yet. The moment I stepped in the shower and pulled the shower curtain around, someone walked in the house. I thought to myself I don't want to be seen unclothed, but another side of me really did not care at that point because I wanted to shower and I was already in (I was shocked because I am very self-conscious in those type of situations, like the dorm showers from undergrad). I asked the person through the curtain if it was okay if I showered at their house, and she said yes it's fine and that's she's with two other girls so I'm okay (I recognized her voice as one of the upperclassmen in my school). She seemed fairly nonchalant about it, and she and the other two girls walked somewhere else in the house socializing. That made me feel much more comfortable to shower.

Jazzy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Showering at a friend's house

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:33 am

Hello, Jazzy -

How are things in your life compared to how the dream began? Does it feel like it's getting more chaotic as time goes on? In the dream, you searched out a means of cleansing or refreshing - that's how I'd look at the shower, anyway. Is this a desire of yours at this time?

Your second-guessing the choice of shower in the dream is interesting. The contrast between the two stands out to me: You could have used the private, more personal shower but opted instead for one that's more public. How does that compare to your own spiritual activities? Do you get more out of (or more apt to choose) public activities - even small groups - over your own private time with God?

Or, on second thought, perhaps it's the other way around considering you were looking for some reassurance once you chose the shower that was more public. What do you think?

-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jazzy on Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:25 pm

Well my semester just ended yesterday and some of my classmates wanted to celebrate and it probably was quite a bit too much. And I know attending to parties like that is not where I should be. I think that may be why I dreamt of the chaos during the beginning of my dream. Because we are now out for the summer, I really want to delve more deeply into the Bible because during the school year I read one maybe two pages a day.

Yes in my dream I did second guess myself. That action does relate to how I am in reality sometimes. In the dream I didn't know exactly whose house I was in although I knew it was someone I knew from school. Once she came inside that's when I figured out it was hers. So because I didn't know exactly whose it was initially, I thought that they might feel offended if I was in their personal bathroom or even bedroom while they're not home. Out of respect for her house I went to the guest bathroom, but in the dream the shower was circular and in the middle of the living room with a shower curtain encircling it.

In regards to my spiritual activities, I do prefer to be solitary but I learn just as much in a Bible study with discussion. Sometimes I feel I don't have much to offer although I do grasp the deeper meaning (depending on which Bible study I go to) and I like to hear people's experiences. I think it's a balance of both.

Jazzy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GreatFulServant on Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:42 am

A thought on the shower is that it is a cleansing. You choosing the public shower is possibly you making a stance publicly or openly to keep yourself cleansed from all the chaos. The bedroom is a more private place with private encounters. You choosing not to shower in the bedroom out of respect, could be an indicator that even though you make this public stance for God you do it in wisdom and with respect to others.

James 3:17
But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.

Romans 1:16
For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

Mark 8:38
Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.

GreatFulServant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jazzy on Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:48 pm

Thank you both for the input. I definitely have more time to catch up on Biblical readings so I guess that's a cleansing in itself.

I try to be careful when I talk about spiritual things during lunch or afterschool gatherings because I'm not sure who is and who isn't Christian and how much they relate.

One time I asked if anyone wanted to say grace before we ate, and one girl said she doesn't do that and later on told me she and her family are Buddhist. I didn't want her to feel any less of a person if that makes sense.

And actually at our end-of-the-semester bash, for casual conversation one guy asked me why I chose to attend this grad school. I told him I interviewed at 2 other schools and was accepted at 1 of them, but I prayed hard about it and felt that the Lord wanted me to be here rather than the other school. He got kind of quiet, and I apologized because I thought it didn't make sense to him. He said oh no, I totally understand, you feel like the Lord led you here. His response was pretty shocking because I thought he didn't know what I meant by his silence, but I guess he wasn't expecting me to proclaim that as my response either.

Jazzy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 1:19 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top