Ukraine & the orthodox priest

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ukraine & the orthodox priest

Post by gracee (lionhgirl) on Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:54 pm

I was in the corner of a church and there were worship leaders singing a song which spoke to me, there was one phrase which made me cry. Then I was sitting at a table with two women and an orthodox priest. I was speaking to the women about my time in the Ukraine and I was telling them how I had visited the sight where the movie ‘the sound of music’ was shot and how it was so beautiful. One of the women was Ukrainian and she said oh, The ____ _____ , (the proper name of this place where it was shot). And she said she would make me some Ukrainian food. To my right was the priest, and here it gets a little strange. My attention was turned to him but this part was almost like I was hallucinating, it felt dark and I felt dizzy. I don’t remember him saying anything but I felt oppressed in his presence. From a different angle I saw myself reading a book or the Bible. He had highlighted certain passages – one spoke of the ‘dark night of the soul’. I woke up still feeling oppressed.

I have no connection to the Ukraine at all, its really a random subject. And the only connection with the orthodox church is that my older brother goes to an eastern orthodox church, but I really don’t know much about it and I don't see him very often. I hope this dream doesn't offend anyone, I don't mean any disrespect to the Orthodox church.
Appreciate your thoughts!

gracee (lionhgirl)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ukraine & the orthodox priest

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:30 pm

This is a different dream, Lionheartedgirl. I only have my own thoughts to suggest on it. I was looking at the dream as maybe the enemy's plans being shown to you as to how they intended to oppress you, somehow. In the dream, you were engaged in fellowship with those Ukrainian women, and it seemed to be based around a common connection that you found between you and them. It was while you were in this place that you were spiritually attacked.

So, I wonder if something similar will happen in real life - to end up engaged in fellowship with some unlikely people that could set you up for attack, somehow?

I'm also not sure about the first line of the dream, but the only thing that came to mind was that perhaps this whole experience would follow a time where you were somehow vulnerable, like emotionally? That's really the only thought on that first part.

Hmmm...I'm not so sure that anything I've said will be all that helpful. Take it for what it's worth.
-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Deborah on Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:07 pm

What I see in this dream is contrast--first there's the Spirit-filled worship, you're talking about beautiful scenery God has made and somebody offers to make you food, and then in comes the oppressive darkness.

This reminds me of times where I've been in an awesome church and felt the Spirit of God moving and then had to go to a funeral somewhere else soon after and grieved over the dead legalism I've felt there. The contrast is so sharp it's enough to take one's breath away!

Deborah
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gracee (lionhgirl) on Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:11 am

Thankyou for your thoughts Mark and Deborah! Yes it totally is a different one! What you've said has really helped to put things in perspective. I wonder if its about this church I'm visitting - they have this amazing spirit-filled music and that's really what I relate to the most but then their fellowship side has been pretty poor -its just not the most welcoming church. Right now I'm in the middle of deciding whether I should stay or leave. So if it is about this, then it is good to know ahead of time and it is something I'm praying about.. Thanks for commenting here! I'll keep an eye out. Bless you!

gracee (lionhgirl)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 5:09 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top