Friend pouring drops of water on me

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Friend pouring drops of water on me

Post by Jazzy on Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:18 pm

I am curious if anyone has any thoughts to what it would mean if a friend poured drops of bottled water on my stomach. The setting was at my childhood house in my mother's room, and I was laying on her bed (it felt like a reg mattress although she had a water bed) and my friend was standing up (I didn't know this friend at the time I lived in that house). I was going to ask her why did she do that, but before I could ask her I noticed a menacing look on her face. It was sort of weird. And her action was like a kid getting into something and finding it funny or playful and not stopping until you get serious or upset. I hope that made sense.

Jazzy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Friend pouring drops of water on me

Post by dreamster on Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:39 pm

nerd is she a tormentg bullying kinda person, nerd

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jazzy on Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:24 pm

She doesn't act that way towards me so it caught me off guard a little. She's like a big sister to me. She's a high school friend back home and I'm away at college, maybe there's an underlying attitude I should watch out for when I go home? She is Christian, but she has seen things in church that turned her away for some time. It's just a matter of her finding the right church (how I interpreted it). She's the type that knows her Bible, but still sins because she's "young". Sometimes that tears me up inside because she knows it's not right but continues. I have heard her say before that she will fully devote her life to God in a year or two. As for myself I am unsure when to intercede and how to offer friendly advice without pushing buttons.

Jazzy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:11 pm

The bedroom is an intimate place. Since she seemed to be kind of being mischievious about what she was doing, it seems to me it was almost in a provoking kind of way (like something an annoying little brother or sister would do). To me, kids act mischievious like this because they are not getting what they need (from their parents). That's just my opinion why a kid would do something of this sort. Maybe her negative behavior in her waking life could be for attention, stemming from another area of lack in her wholeness emotionally or spiritually (trying to get filled). Maybe the Lord is showing you (in the secret place) her current heart condition, so that you can pray for her, wherever she is broken, hurt or lacking. I know she is an adult in real life, but in the dream she is acting like a kid hungry for any kind of attention. Her acting like a child could be a sign of her lack of spiritual maturity, in need of a deeper revelation of God and His love. Maybe, this is insight for you into her heart in order to intercede for her. I also feel in my heart to remind you to keeping good boundaries with her until she is back on the right path. If you feel she is wearing on you, or tempting you to stray...I would consider taking a step back until you feel strong enough to be around her.

These are just some thoughts of mine, not a Holy Spirit interpretation. Please pray and toss what doesn't fit.

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jazzy on Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:47 pm

Thank you so much Daisy, your thoughts really do apply to her negative behavior being a cry for attention. I think she feels as if she lacks material things in her life. Also, her past few relationships were unstable, but I think she jumped into them too fast. This was probably because she found it flattering to have a boyfriend around. Recently she admitted that at this point in her life it's good that she is single to be comfortable with being by herself. I thought that was an awesome declaration for her. Along the lines of what you were saying, she may be recognizing that what she thinks she lacks physically is actually what she's lacking emotionally and spiritually: feeling okay to be by herself and being grateful for the things that she does have. Ultimately, she may be realizing that the stale-mate she's in just might be a test from the Lord to see if she will seek Him. I know she will come around, but it's just a matter of when. She's pushing it off, and maybe it's fear from the enemy. I just hope it won't be too late when she feels the strength to pull through.

I will be praying for her, and like you said I should keep good boundaries with her. One Sunday last summer I randomly asked her to come to church with me, and after service she slightly broke down and told me that was exactly what she needed to hear (The pastor was actually doing a module on relationSLips [when relationships fail] for the month, and that Sunday his sermon was about having true friends and the qualities a true friend possesses). She told me that she felt like the Lord was trying to call on her, and that me and another friend basically manifested it by doing spiritual-like things whether they were conversations, advice, and she pointed out that me taking her to church that Sunday was also enlightening. I won't be home as often this summer, but I will try my best to guide or lead her and set a good example. Thank you again.

Jazzy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Deborah on Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:24 pm

You know, when I read your post I thought of John 7:38:

King James Version (KJV)

38He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water

If we are Christians and are open to the fullness of the Holy Spirit, then rivers of living water will gush forth from our inner being, refreshing us and those around us. It seems to me like this dream is warning you the enemy will be using your friend to mock your Christianity when you see her again.

Deborah
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jazzy on Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:41 am

Thank you Deborah for the scripture. I will keep your response in mind.

Jazzy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Fri May 25, 2012 12:34 pm

jazzy2968 wrote:Thank you so much Daisy, your thoughts really do apply to her negative behavior being a cry for attention. I think she feels as if she lacks material things in her life. Also, her past few relationships were unstable, but I think she jumped into them too fast. This was probably because she found it flattering to have a boyfriend around. Recently she admitted that at this point in her life it's good that she is single to be comfortable with being by herself. I thought that was an awesome declaration for her. Along the lines of what you were saying, she may be recognizing that what she thinks she lacks physically is actually what she's lacking emotionally and spiritually: feeling okay to be by herself and being grateful for the things that she does have. Ultimately, she may be realizing that the stale-mate she's in just might be a test from the Lord to see if she will seek Him. I know she will come around, but it's just a matter of when. She's pushing it off, and maybe it's fear from the enemy. I just hope it won't be too late when she feels the strength to pull through.

I will be praying for her, and like you said I should keep good boundaries with her. One Sunday last summer I randomly asked her to come to church with me, and after service she slightly broke down and told me that was exactly what she needed to hear (The pastor was actually doing a module on relationSLips [when relationships fail] for the month, and that Sunday his sermon was about having true friends and the qualities a true friend possesses). She told me that she felt like the Lord was trying to call on her, and that me and another friend basically manifested it by doing spiritual-like things whether they were conversations, advice, and she pointed out that me taking her to church that Sunday was also enlightening. I won't be home as often this summer, but I will try my best to guide or lead her and set a good example. Thank you again.
Wow! God is using you with her!! It seems to me God is really working on her heart. So glad some of my comments were able to resonate with you. Bless you sweetie!!! Flower Power

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 12:34 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top