A Switch of Dominance

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Switch of Dominance

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:31 am

Hello, All -

In this dream, I was working in retail, again. I had just done a lap around the salesfloor to check on the employees' progress in straightening their areas. I entered the stockroom and was aware that the layout was much different from what it was when I worked there in the past. So, I walked through one of the areas just to check it out, and while I was sort of taking it in, a semi truck backed up to the receiving dock. Two men entered, and I knew that one of them was the driver of the truck, while the other drove a different truck and would have to wait until I had taken care of the first guy before I could deal with his delivery.

The three of us entered the office, and the first driver handed me two items. They both had this deep red packaging to them. I knew that one of the items was a protein bar. The other item was something else, although I believe it was associated with fitness/diet.

The driver wanted my signature, which would authorize my approval of his delivery. He was really pushy for this, and began to get loud in an attempt to make me "commit" by pressuring me. I was a little flustered by his actions, but I kept wanting to examine the items to make sure that I was getting what I was supposed to. He didn't have any paperwork to reference, so I was thinking that there might be some information on the items themselves telling me what was supposed to be delivered vs. what I actually got. At last, I noticed a tiny detail on the protein bar: The package had a line that said I was supposed to get two of them, and I only had one. At this point, I felt...courageous. Like, this one detail meant that I was able to put him in his place since his shipment was incorrect. I pointed out this discrepancy to him and told him that I wouldn't be signing anything as he had not delivered what he was supposed to. He sat there with this dumbfounded look, unsure of what he was supposed to do. I even mocked him a little bit, and asked him if he needed to call someone to find out what he needed to do. Sheepishly, he said he did.

While I waited on this guy, I was already aware of the 2nd man's intentions...and that I'd be "victorious" over him. He was a furniture salesman and wanted me to agree to bringing his merchandise into my store. In my mind, I was prepared to tell him that this was not something I would decide at store-level; he'd have to contact the corporate offices for this. I knew all this about him before he had said anything at all.

Any thoughts are appreciated,
-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A Switch of Dominance

Post by GreatFulServant on Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:19 am

My thought is the Lord is telling you to wait on Him and not let the devil make you hasting in your decisions. The devil can get loud and obnoxious in tempting us to move before God tells us to move. As you wait on the Lord you will see Him show you the right decisions to make. With each right decision our courage will grow as we are changed from glory to glory and faith to faith. The book of Joshua tells us many times to be of courage in moving forward in God, and the righteous are as bold as a lion.

Romans 5:3-5
3And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;
4And patience, experience; and experience, hope:
5And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.

Seems like the two protein bar speaks of fullness of health (spiritually, physically, financially, etc. If you act too quickly you make get some of what God wants to give, but you will not get your double portion. Which could tie into the furniture (which furnishes our house). Again when we furnish our spiritual houses, we need not just settle for anything that looks good. But go to God (the corporate office) and get the plan He has designed and fabricated just for you.

GreatFulServant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:47 pm

Thanks, Greatful. What you've said is very appropriate for where I am at this time. I appreciate it.

-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 6:39 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top