Great America Trip

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Great America Trip

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:03 am

The dream began with me outside behind my current place of work. Somehow, though, it was like it was my parents' house...only because I knew they were around somewhere, I think. I was aware that I would be going on a sort of class trip to Great America, just as I did back in 8th grade. I had a lot of thoughts on this, though. Part of me thought that it might be fun to visit it, again. At the same time, it felt like it would be a hassle because of all the people that would be there (I hate large groups of people). Not only that, but it was kind of gloomy out, like it might rain, and that also meant that it wouldn't be as enjoyable. PLUS, it was really late in the day, like early evening. I thought that it would be a waste to even go at this point, because if you're going to go, you should be there when the park opens.

While I was sorting through these thoughts, I seemed to be working on some type of task. All that I remember was that there was a stack of pallets by me, and I noticed that the bottom couple of pallets were not in line with those that were stacked above them. I had a thought on how to fix them, so I hurried inside the building and grabbed a forklift, then used that to straighten out the stack. The whole time, I knew that I needed to hurry because I was expecting a bus to arrive to pick us up for the Great America trip.

The scene switched, but it was the same dream. Now, I'm really hurrying to get ready, because this bus is going to be here any second. I'm inside, and it's the upstairs of my old retail job from years ago. I'm hurrying through to get to an area of the backroom where I should have a locker. At one point, a former coworker showed up, took a sticker with my name on it, and then took off. I knew that he had taken it off of my locker. I went to where my locker should be, and I couldn't seem to find one to put my work stuff in. While I'm searching, my ex appears, and I was aware that she was going on the trip as well. I didn't get a chance to interact with her. My sister also appears and wants to talk to me, but I told her that I needed to hurry to get ready for this trip. In my mind, I was thinking of what I'd wear, and I settled on a red sweatshirt that used to belong to my brother. I believe this is the end of the dream.

It's possible that the dream is about taking a break and having fun/getting rest. I have a hard time with that, but I've had other dreams with a similar theme. My thoughts about the trip at the beginning of the dream are just like how I'd reason my way out of it. Still, any other thoughts are appreciated.

-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Great America Trip

Post by Daisy on Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:02 am

I just have a random comment, not saying the dream is about me, but I find it funny that IRL I am waiting on my husbands boss to approve him for vacation time to go to not only your state, WI, but also to spend one of our days at Great America with the kids!!! Funny thing is, that he works at a warehouse with pallets and forklifts too!! Could just be a random coincidence, but I couldn't help but mention it.

Im thinking that like you said, it is probably more about you talking yourself out of some much deserved down-time. Just my thoughts...

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:12 am

Whoa! That's weird! You never know...maybe there is something there for you, too?

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:37 pm

I know, weird huh!! When my husband got home from work, he did get approved for our trip!! Now off to buy my tickets to Great
America!!!! woo hoo I will be praying for good weather!!!

Make sure you take some time out to rest and have some fun too!! Sometimes scheduling down time is the only way to truly make sure we get that r & r our bodies need. :hooray:

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 8:37 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top