Tattooed Leg!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tattooed Leg!

Post by tbsmilesbig on Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:27 am

Hello! Here's a dream I can't seem to figure out. Any thoughts?

I was working as a make up artist at Neiman Marcus (IRL I did make up for several years, part of which was at this location). I did a woman’s makeup and then a coworker took over putting the merchandise together. The salesgirl asked who did the makeup and I said me. I told the other makeup artist I would explain in a second why I was so persistent in telling that it was me who did the makeup (IRL there was an incident one day at my old job where another sales associate stole one of my sales. That's what I was referring to in this part of the dream). All of the products the lady bought I had tattooed on my right leg. I was too busy talking though to feel any pain from the tattoo.

I'm trying to figure out the significance of tattoos in dreams. Also, it's been several years since I last worked there, so I'm not sure why this is coming up now. Thanks!

tbsmilesbig

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tattooed Leg!

Post by happiness80 on Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:38 am

Hi there,

Im just offering my thoughts on this, when i think of tattoo's I think something permanent or not easily removed. Perhaps there is something from that time that is perhaps influencing you today - Im not sure maybe the incident that happened still upsets you in some way and is something you need to let go of? Or it could be something else similar happening not even relating to that ......Please remember these are my thoughts.

This might trigger some thoughts for you from bible gateway or help in some way:
Tattoo in the bible - Leviticus 19:28
It was important for God's people in the Old Testament to separate themselves physically and spiritually from the practices of their evil, idol-worshiping neighbors. Christians debate today whether this prohibition on tattoos applies to the modern church, but the ancient Israelites at least were forbidden to have them.
http://biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Leviticus%2019:28&version=
NIV

happiness80

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gracee (lionhgirl) on Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:47 am

Hi tbsmilesbig, I'm curious, how did you feel about the tattoo?

gracee (lionhgirl)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by L4JC on Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:21 am

Reading your post tbsmilesbig, I think of tattoos as being independent and stands out, as if it makes a "statement". The girl that you helped that you didn't get "credit" for, you had all of her makeup tattooed on your leg. To me, leg/s represent being able to "stand up" for yourself or for others. Since you didn't feel the pain of the tattoo, tells me you didn't let the other girl who stole your "sale" get to you, although it did have a lasting impact on your memory even as of today. Not sure if you ever had any resentment towards this person who stole your sale. And if you did and still do, I'm wondering perhaps, if the Lord wants you to forgive this person? If you haven't, maybe this is what the Lord wants, perhaps?

These are just my thoughts ... pls toss if they don't seem to fit.

Sunny

L4JC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gracee (lionhgirl) on Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:01 am

Hey tbsmilesbig, i just had some thoughts i wanted to share, but please toss them if they don't sit right with you, and I pray God brings His true revelation to you. I used to work in retail and something that caught my eye in your dream was the fact that the products specifically are tattooed on your skin – this seems strange, I mean why not tattoo the face of the customer you helped? if you’re selling, for example, books, why would you tattoo the books you sell onto your skin? unless you really believe in the books your selling. For you, while you appreciate receiving the recognition for hard work (which is fair, who doesn't) – its not really about the sale for you, you really believe in what you’re selling. Its not a temporary position for you, you carry a steadfastness to the cause (getting the tattoo) which most workers wouldn’t bother with. You believe in the products even when you're not at work. And I feel this represents your steadfastness to God , and your faithfulness and commitment to His work. In this area, in the past something was stolen from you that rightfully belonged to you.. perhaps you weren't recognised for your work for Him - but God has seen all of this, even when it was hidden and even when you remained silent. And He is wanting to bring restoration of what was stolen. You will see the Lord's faithfulness revealed to you. Your commitment to God, and the quality of your character, your tattoo, will be revealed to others (Matt 6:4). It will be especially apparent through your spiritual walk (the leg) and in your right living. Also just one more thing, in the same way tattoos are normally a representation of the person and are (usually) unique - it will also speak to you of your identity in God. It will serve as a reminder of your inner strength and confidence, not in a prideful way, but for those times when you are unsure, you can remember how God is sure of who you are. He is the source who has planted these qualities within you without you realising. - ALSO tattoos normally come with a story, maybe at first the story will only be meaningful to you. But I feel like this story of God's faithfulness - is a story worth telling.

Ahh sorry this is so long, and please, like I said, consider if they sit right with your spirit. Bless you.

gracee (lionhgirl)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tbsmilesbig on Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:35 am

Thank you all for your input, I REALLY appreciate it!! Lionheartedgirl, I'm sending you a pm, if that's okay. Your posting spoke volumes to my soul!!

Blessings! wave

tbsmilesbig

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 1:18 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top