My mom's new husband/violent

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My mom's new husband/violent

Post by L4JC on Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:21 am

I had a dream about my mother. Just a synopsis - IRL she's getting married on the 28th. And last night, my mom/her fiancee, my sis, her kids, my husband and I had dinner together. We had a nice time together, and laughed alot. So, this dream for some reason really confuses me. Cuz, I really like my mom's fiancee. He's such a nice man. But the dream I had, wasn't nice at all...

In the dream, I was in the living room where my mom was. She was in a wheelchair and about 80 years old, and IRL she isn't, she's in her 60's and very independent). Her husband in the dream didn't look like her fiancee at all, it looked like an entirely different person. He was beating on her face, and I ran to her rescue and told him he's not to hit my mother again.... he hit me in the face, and I immediately just took a huge hit on his privates to cause him to fall forward, so I could have more control over him. I told him again, "Do not ever lay a hand on my mother again, and told him I was calling the police". EOD

Not sure what this dream really means? Cuz, IRL my mom's fiancee is a terrific guy, and she seems so happy with him. They're looking forward to getting married.

If any of you have any thoughts, please share. I've never had any violent dreams like this before, so it really kinda threw me off here. (Just a minute ago, I had an immediate thought come to mind... IRL I'm on new diabetic meds and have been getting bad headaches from it. Could be a side effect from the meds, and causing me to dream this kind of dream.) I'm planning on calling the doctor tomorrow to switch me back to my old meds. I didn't have any side effects at all from the previous meds.

Sunny

L4JC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My mom's new husband/violent

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:07 pm

Hi, Sunny -

My first thought was Spiritual Warfare. Throw out the literal images of your mom and her fiancee in the dream. Instead - especially the image of your mom - consider that she was there as the sufferer of the abuse, with your relationship (love) with her bringing out the type of response in you that it did.

You reacted with righteous anger, taking authority over this oppressor of someone who was clearly unable to defend themselves. THAT, to me, is the message of the dream. So, that being said, does anyone in your waking life stand out to you as being in a similar place of weakness and is in need of someone to step in as their defender? That person would be you. Don't be passive, here. Take the offense against the oppressive darkness as you did in the dream. Declare the limits of the enemy's actions, like from Job 38:11 "...This far you may come and no farther..."

As always, just my thoughts.
-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by L4JC on Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:50 am

Hi Mark,

You know, I felt the exact same thing... Spiritual Warfare. But according to what you describe, I don't know anyone who is in that kind of "abuse" relationship. Maybe I don't know it, yet? Maybe I'll come upon someone like that perhaps? I don't know. It could be the Lord wanted me to know ahead of time, so I could "recognize it" for what it is, when I see it?

Sunny

L4JC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:34 am

L4JC wrote: It could be the Lord wanted me to know ahead of time, so I could "recognize it" for what it is, when I see it?

I agree. This is probably the case.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 4:13 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum