Vision of getting married in church.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Vision of getting married in church.

Post by star_lilli on Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:01 am

I am curious as to what you will make of this ...and if what you say confirms my suspicions

There's a guy at my fathers church that my folks have been wanting me to meet since January... He's a single man and very intelligent. Something I find very attractive.
Anyway I went to their church instead of mine on good Friday ... And met this guy in the process... We arrived early as my dad was singing in the choir... And when I sat in the pew and looked at the front, my mum quietly pointed him out to me as he was in front if us on the other side if the church; I then had this sudden and very real vision of me standing there in a white dress getting married...
It wasn't as a third person as any other previous visions; this was me; I was looking out through a lace veil ... It was so real it took me a few moments to gather my
thoughts.

During the service he kept turning around and looking at me and After the Service we were properly introduced. I felt the strange sense of buzz and calmness around him like we were ment to be... I've never felt that before... He was very polite and amazingly good-looking and so easy to talk to... I was gob smacked!!! Why would a guy as hot as that look twice at me. Anyway he kept looking over when I was talking with other people ... And I would definately be interested... But I dont want to get my hopes up ao I'm just playing it cool but I don't want to play it too cool and let him slip away... What do you think?
I haven't shared the vision with anyone else... I felt I shouldn't cept here of course lol

Your thoughts?

star_lilli

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Vision of getting married in church.

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:16 am

Hello, star_lilli -

Here's my thoughts on your experience, so take it for what it's worth: If I were you, I'd hold on to the vision that you had and keep it to yourself. I know of others here who have had their own experiences of a promise of someone specific for marriage, and they'll tell you that sharing this with other people around you can actually cause trouble. So, keep it as a confirmation/promise for yourself - something you can hold on to if things in the natural don't seem to be promising, you know?

As far as the guy goes, here's my two cents (as a guy): Like you said, don't play it so cool that he thinks you're not interested in him. If there's an opportunity to interact with him, take it. At the same time, don't go overboard and force things. If it's God's promise, it'll happen in perfect timing.

Blessings,
-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dove-Solutions on Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:03 pm

I totally agree with Mark. If this is a promise from the Lord then it will happen according to the plans he has for you. Be there for interaction. Be willing to be available should he ask for more time with you but not to available if you know what I mean.

Love in Jesus,

Connie

~Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Himand He will direct your path.~ Proverbs 3:5-6

Dove-Solutions

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by star_lilli on Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:07 pm

Yes I do. That's what I thought too. I know there's no need to force; it's God's plan, it will happen in His time. Besides we go to different churches, so it will have to be God's plan; I've no idea how this is going to work...

Thanks for the quick response :)

Much appreciated

Last edited by star_lilli on Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:08 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot my thankyou)

star_lilli

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by star_lilli on Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:19 am

It's been two years since I had this vision... Nothing has happened at all, last Christmas service he didn't even say hello.
I think I may have misunderstood the meaning of this dream... I wonder now if it had anything to do with him at all.
I am still very single and not attracted to this guy in the slightest. And after the brush off I got at the Christmas service I've no intension of going to my fathers church again.
I have no idea why God gave me this vision, but clearly it was never about marriage to him or in general. Perhaps God wants me all to himself.

star_lilli

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mico on Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:29 am

Hi star lilli

When I read your first post, I thought it was a current post, until I saw the date. My first thought was to tell you something I thought you probably wouldn't want to hear (so I wasn't going to say anything), but now that you've posted almost three years on, I will.

We can have "connections" with people due to other people's desires. So it could be that because of your parents' desires for you, it creates a connection in the spirit realm - because parents have more say in our lives that any other person, in the spirit realm. I've noticed this with my parents. And if they are off track, it can bind you to something that you shouldn't be bound to. I have to really watch this with my parents. Especially in the area of men. They are so desperate for me sometimes that they carry on in a silly way (not saying your parents are like this).

It does sound like you need some healing though. Referring here to where you say "why would this guy even look at me twice". Not everyone pairs up with people who look just like them. In fact, that's a pretty narcissistic quality.

I liked a guy that others considered "hot" and really good looking. I didn't. I just got on well with him. But someone said to me "you can't get with someone who looks in the mirror more than you do". And I believed that. It was said by someone who was jealous of me and managed to do much damage to that friendship I had with the guy.

Every time I would think I wasn't good looking enough for a certain guy, God would bring couples across my path where the girl looked just like me and the guy was absolutely beautiful. Challenged my perceptions big time.

Anyway, don't stop visiting your parents church if you want to go there. Don't go there FOR HIM, but don't stop going there because of him either.

Praying you'll meet someone decent very soon. Someone you'll enjoy and who will enjoy you. A friendship to last a lifetime.

mico

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by v3ryan on Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:51 pm

When it comes to confirmation or visions about a potential spouse I like to keep my mind open to the possibility of biased misinterpretation, you know the expression that love is blind? I've experienced that myself. :P

v3ryan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by star_lilli on Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:10 pm

Wow. This is some time ago now.
In hindsight, I think the previous post are true. It may have been the particular wish of my parents... But I was exhausted going to two churches and so I gave it up. I prayed about it a lot, and it was like God said to me, 'I never asked you to go' After I made the decision to stop going it was a HUGE relief!
He is as he ever was, as I have sine observed he is set on celibacy... at least for now... It was just a very strong feeling I got.
But I am not in a relationship either. But I am happy to be this way. If God does intend me to marry someday, I don't ever see it being in my father's church, but in my church... I turn 40 next year and I hope to be travelling about the place, maybe even a job overseas in the next year or two. So I've no plans to settle down to an ordinary life with him. I have a feeling that God has different plans for me.

star_lilli

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mico on Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:04 am

:glory:

mico

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 5:16 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top