The 40 Second gift

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The 40 Second gift

Post by Spiritdaughter77 on Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:12 am

I had this dream a few nights ago and I did not write it down as I thought it couldn't have any meaning to it however it still strikes me and by now I may have forgotten some of the details but here it is for the most part: I remember being at church in the front lobby and my pastor was up front saying telling all of the staff and leaders of the church to stay as he has a 40 second gift to give. (in reality me and my husband are in leadership in the church as he is a deacon and I am over the greeting ministry). I remember a one member of the church getting a camera and it was presented to her by the associate pastor, Then I remember going into a room to get my gift and was handed a guitar. As I walked out I was confused as to why this was the gift given to me. I asked the pastor why this was the symbol for me and he began to explain as to why I was given the guitar but my son was coughing very loud and my daughter was talking (now in reality I was woken up as my son laid in the bed with me and my husband that night as he was very sick) So once I closed my eyes I went right back to where I was in the dream and I was still frustrated as I missed out on what he said because I couldn't hear him and by then he had gone. So I noticed my husband in the room and he had the same gift but being that my husband actually plays the guitar he was happy about it as where I knew I did not know how to play this instrument and wasn't sure why I got this gift. The next day I pondered as to why this gift that I thought was of no use to me and why was this called a 40 second gift. Please help me understand this if you can.

Spiritdaughter77

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The 40 Second gift

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:31 am

Hello, Spiritdaughter77 -

I don't claim to have an interpretation, but if I had this dream I would look at "the 40 second gift" as a kind of play-on-words. With the image of the guitar included, I'd start by looking at Psalm 42 (the forty-second Psalm), or Psalm 40:2, and see if anything spoke to me. The "gift" could be there...

Again, my own thoughts...
-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritdaughter77 on Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:37 am

You know I was thinking about scripture just wasn't sure what book it might have been referring to. Thanks for your thoughts.

Spiritdaughter77

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:53 am

When I read the title 40 second...I also thought of a play on words to..thinking of it being something numerical like 42nd street, but then I read Mark's post and the 42nd Psalm is even better (and makes more sense lol! )!!!

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritdaughter77 on Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:55 am

Thanks Daisy . Yeah just read it...It does hit home! I just feel there is something more...Maybe I am reading into way too much.

Spiritdaughter77

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:58 am

Oh...since it does hit home with you, yet you feel there is more...maybe you should speak to your husband about it. In the dream, he had the same gift, and you even recognized that it fit him more. Perhaps this dream was given as a gift to him, but through you.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiritdaughter77 on Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:12 am

We did talk but neither one of use thought of it being for him...That is a good point. I always thought my dreams have been meant for me or maybe a warning to me about others. As that is how it has been normally.

Spiritdaughter77

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 1:24 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top