2 Dreams...One Recurring

View previous topic View next topic Go down

2 Dreams...One Recurring

Post by icemom on Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:38 pm

I was raised in church, but became disillusioned as a teenager and turned my back on church and to some degree on God for more than 27 years. During that time, I had a recurring dream that I honestly was never sure was simply a dream because I felt as though it were actually happening. This dream would come to me at random times, for not particular reason I could discern and with my background in Christianity, it always frightened me. This is how it went:

DREAM#1
In my dream, I was always lying down on a couch or a bed, sleeping. And in my dream, I would awaken, but was paralyzed unable to move or speak and I had an overwhelming sense of an evil presence filling the room. I was always frightened, but would think that all I needed to do was to say the name of Jesus and I would be saved from whatever this evil presence was. I remember that I felt as if I could not speak and was fighting desperately to do so. I usually woke myself up attempting to say His name, but all that would be coming out of my mouth was J -J-J-JE

About 5 years ago, I repented and again turned back to The Lord. Not long after I did so, I had this dream again.

Dream #2
But this time, in the midst of my recurring dream, I actually managed to say the name of Jesus! As soon as this word came out of my mouth in its entirety, I was catapulted into another room. I found myself standing near the doorway of an impossibly huge room and before me as far as I could see were tables. And on these tables were shoes - but all of them were turned upside down - with their soles facing up. Then I suddenly became aware that I was not alone in this room. There was someone standing a little to the side of me, but just behind me. I couldn't see this person's face, but I somehow knew that it was Jesus. And I heard him say, "These are the souls, these are the souls". At that point, I woke up. I have never had that 1st recurring dream again.

icemom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 2 Dreams...One Recurring

Post by lola21st on Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:01 pm

This is not an interpretation, just some thoughts...

We recently had a discussion about this phenomenon - dream paralysis - and agreed that this is the enemy at work. Interestingly, several of us have experienced this either when making the decision to follow Christ (or shortly afterwards) or when we're getting ready to be promoted. So you're not alone! Here is the link so that you can read more about this, the dream was "Not really sleep, but couldn't move or speak" in this section of the website:

http://miasherwood.forumotion.net/dreams-and-visions-to-be-interpreted-f1/not-really-sleep-but-couldn-t-move-or-speak-t1409.htm

The second dream sounds like the Lord is calling you to a ministry...perhaps teaching/pastor because you were in a room and the tables...each sole/soul was on a table....

Please pray on what's been said.

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by icemom on Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:24 pm

Wow. Thank you, so much Lola. I had never heard of anyone else experiencing this, but what you said about the second dream, as well as what was said about this in the link you gave me lines up with my personal interpretation of the dreams. You see, I have a teenage daughter, who, from the time she was a little girl would beg me to take her to church. It was like she was born with this desire for God. She's my only child and normally I can deny her nothing, but I was still so bitter, I would not take her to church. When I finally went and she went with me, she was so thrilled! Several times, there have been prophecies spoken over her - saying that SHE has a prophetic gift. Anyway! My personal feeling/interpretation of these "dreams" was that I, and/or my daughter had a "calling" that Satan had been trying to abort for much of my life. I too thought that the upside down shoes were a metaphor for "souls", but I always wondered if these were the souls I should've won for the Lord, but had lost due to my "turning away" or if these were the souls I would now win to Christ. I have trid to remember, but can't clearly recall if those "paralysis dreams" came when I was contemplating going to church again - usually because I felt guilty for not taking my daughter. Interestingly enough, my daughter who is 18 now - the age I was when I left the Lord - is now beginning to have prophetic dreams and visions... She had a vision of a great gathering of Young People for Christ in Washington DC some time ago. When she saw the news of "The Call" that was held there earlier this year - she said that was what she saw in her "vision". Thank you for your reply. Please pray for both me and my daughter. We have much to learn. God Bless You.

icemom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:01 pm

To God be the glory!

I did wonder whether the lost souls were a result of your turning away over the years but praise the Lord that his mercy endures forever...while He convicts us, He would never condemn us so when you stated that it was Jesus who was beside you, I knew that He was showing you your assignment...

It is wonderful that your daughter has grown with a passion for the Lord! I'm sure that He will do wonderful works through her.

I will keep both of you in my prayers.

Be Blessed!

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 2:35 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top