Church Karaoke

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Church Karaoke

Post by lola21st on Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:07 pm

In the first scene, I was at an old friend's house (D.) that was for rent. (IRL, I haven't seen her in years but have reconnected and communicate via Facebook.) Apparently, I was considering renting it and didn't realize that D. was the landlord. I asked her why she had such a beautiful home that she didn't live in herself. She told me that her mother bought the property so that she and her brother would always have a foundation, if anything happened to them they could always live in that home. (Her mother died a few years ago from breast cancer.)The home was beautiful - Italian Colonial, lots of woodwork, hardwood floors with beautiful area rugs, very nicely furnished. I commented that I always enjoyed the living room because it was huge and because of the picture window that ran the length of the room. I especially loved the view because it overlooked several cities and the SF Bay.

In the next scene, D., my friend M. (whose mother also died several years ago of breast cancer), and my friend :hearts: and I were at church at the Easter service. The church was larger than my IRL church and to ensure that everyone could see what was happening on the stage, they had a big video screen along one side of the room. The choir was singing and I noticed that my friend M. had a karaoke microphone. With her permission, I turned on the mic and started singing along with the choir. Unfortunately, the frequency of the mic clashed with the frequency of the video screens and they short circuited and the screens then went blank. I quickly put the mic back in the box before anyone realized that I had it bandaid . The church was silent because no one could believe that the screen was blank and then several men took the video screen out of the room to fix it. End of dream.

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Church Karaoke

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:01 pm

Hello, Lurdys -

Honestly, I only have thoughts about the 2nd scene of the dream. First, what are you plans for Easter? Is it in your plans to attend a church service that day? See, I wonder if the dream is about an actual event in the service that day. The one thing I want to suggest to you is to be especially sensitive in using discernment before moving in a spiritual gift that day. I'm not speaking like I know anything for sure, it's just an impression that I've got.

In the dream, you recognized an opportunity to flow along with what else was happening during the service. Thing is, for whatever reason, it just resulted in a clash - and from that, you tucked the mic away. So, I wonder if something might happen that leads to some form of timidity in you after the clash, itself. To me, I just wonder if the dream was given so you might avoid the disruptions that took place at the end of the scene.

These are just some thoughts.
Bless you,
-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:12 am

Just thoughts of mine as well....in the first part of the dream what stood out to me is the 'foundation' part. It seemed to me like a security net of sorts, something to 'fall back on', if needed. Could this be symbolic for your spiritual foundation? I agree with Marks thoughts too. I especially liked that you waited for permission before attempting to use the mic, showing a respect and submission. Even more so, I liked the part in your dream that even though you put the mic back in the box...God spared you embarrassment in front of the church...nobody knew it was the mic that caused the video screen to need repairing. I could also be going out on a limb here with my thinking...but I am reminded that thankfully breast cancer didn't win its battle with you..of this you were spared (though its super unfortunate that your friends mothers didn't have this same experience). I could be WAY off on that thought though. Please toss anything that doesn't fit, as these are just thoughts and observations of the dream.

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:25 pm

Thanks Daisy and Mark, you both have made some interesting points!

Daisy - I do believe the 1st scene does relate to my spiritual foundation. The strong and solid structure of the home stands out as does the huge window and its wide, expansive view (revelation knowledge). I kinda feel like it's a new level of spirituality...

Mark - I'm with you, lol! After I wrote the dream out I started thinking "Ya know, I am sooo not going to be sitting in an aisle seat, I'm gonna sit smack in the middle of the row, and not sing or say anything! " laugh So I think there's an element of it that's prophetic...we'll see what happens on Sunday but I'll be praying for protection over the services. Our pastor is doing something a little different this year. As an evangelical tool, he's preaching at our early service but has invited an actress who's saved to come to the 11am service to give her testimony. So I'm taking this dream as a warning dream that the service could be disrupted somehow... bandaid

Perhaps that's the link between the two dreams - the first is reminding me of my spiritual gift of knowledge while the second one is giving me prophetic knowledge about the service.... Scratch Chin

Daisy, I agree - there's significance to the fact that the two friends in this dream were the one's who both lost their mothers to breast cancer...haven't figured that part out yet...we'll see....

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:23 pm

Didn't get a chance to give an update:

Well, praise God, my singing didn't short circuit the service! laugh

Interestingly though, the microphone was the focus during the service. Rather than using one of those portable mics (the ones with the battery pak that attaches to your waist and with a wireless headset), they had a regular microphone for the guest speaker. She was having problems keeping it close enough to her mouth consistently so that the audio recorded properly. I imagine that the recording will have her voice coming in and out as a result....

Will see if there are other manifestations...

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:03 am

:praiseg-d: Thanks for the update! :hooray:

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 3:16 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top