Ice cream with sprinlkes

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ice cream with sprinlkes

Post by Shan on Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:36 am

I had a dream where I was working in an ice cream shop. There were 4 people and all wanted sprinkles on top, except the sprinkles were salt. It did not seem odd that I was putting salt on their ice cream. Everyone wanted an average amount except the last person, who wanted more than usual so I gave him as much as he wanted.

Thank you!

Shan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ice cream with sprinlkes

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:21 pm

Hello, Shan -

Just my thoughts, but I want to ask you if the 4 people would be significant to you. Is there a group of 4 people in your life that stands out to you?

Most think of the verse in Matthew where we are called the salt of the earth. However, look at this verse from Mark 9:50 -

"Salt is good for seasoning. But if it loses its flavor, how do you make it salty again? You must have the qualities of salt among yourselves and live in peace with each other."

Is it possible that you've been reaching out to these 4 people? The dream would seem to indicate that they're receptive to what you have to share. It would also seem that there's one person who is more willing to receive what you have - and in greater amount.

If this fits, the dream could be to encourage you to continue in what you've been offering.

Blessings,
-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shan on Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:01 pm

Hi Mark,

I hesitated to say that there were four people in line because they didn't stand out as much as the ice cream and the salt (I also remember the ice cream being pink for at least one of them, but I'm not sure that's important.) When I saw these people, I could only see from their shoulders to their waists. The ice cream was what was in my line of vision. But I somehow knew that there were both young men and young women (in their 20's) there.

I thought about what you said about reaching out to four people. The only thing I can think of at the moment is that I am a mentor to young women at my church. I am currently working with my second mentee who is a new believer and is soaking up everything being presented. My first one however, was very well seasoned in the Word and is operating well within the Kingdom. They are both currently engaged though and I've met both of their fiance's so maybe that's the connection. I also referred to the person who wanted more salt as a male, but I'm not really sure about that.

Thanks for your response. I'd be open to any additional insights!

Shan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:10 pm

Shan wrote:I am currently working with my second mentee who is a new believer and is soaking up everything being presented.

This detail stood out to me as relating to the one who wanted more salt than the others. As the mentor, perhaps the dream would encourage you to not have to worry about overdoing anything, like covering subject matter that you may consider to be too deep - something like that. The person in the dream seems like they want as much as you'll give. That's the only other thought I have about it! :)

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shan on Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:44 pm

Yes, that seems to make sense. We decided just yesterday to study Daniel. I know it is full of symbolism and end-time prophecy, yet I'm not concerned about her not being able to comprehend it.

Thanks a bunch!

Shan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 1:51 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top