My Neighbors Won't Help me With Delivering my Baby

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My Neighbors Won't Help me With Delivering my Baby

Post by rosebush on Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:49 pm

Strange dream --

My neighbors to the south of me, Dawn and Gordy, are supposed to be as labor coaches to me in the delivery of my baby in this dream. In real life we have semi-adjoined driveways, attached by a half a moon drive around with a city lamp post in the center. In the dream I head out the front, get into my car and do a U turn -- heading up their driveway, actually into their empty but open garage and turn my vehicle around. At some point I get out and go visit them. They let me know they've decided not to be my labor coaches, especially Dawn doesn't like being present during a delivery.

Then we end up out in their yard. I believe they have a little dog that is also pregnant, but I can't remember the issue with the dog -- that she had been pregnant and then wasn't, had a miscarriage, or what. But we talked something about their dog. Then I saw them go off walking past their back yard, like they were leaving or going for a walk. They left behind a watchdog on a long chain -- a big black dog, and I knew I could not stay in their backyard because of this dog.

XXXXXXXXXXXXX

Typically dreams about Dawn and Gordy have been about other people. In real life I have nothing going on with Dawn and Gordy, they are just really, really nice neighbors that have lived by us for a while, and I do not depend on them in any way. I am guessing the dream may be about two individuals that I had been working with on a spiritual project, but have both gone their separate way with no reasons given. Wondering what the issues are with the dogs -- little pregnant dog, big watchdog.

To me the dream means I had unfinished spiritual work with these "neighbors." Sometimes the real reasons people renege are ambiguous. Only God knows the real reasons. My greater concern is the project we were working on together and what will happen if these 2 people just walk away. I wonder if the pregnancy/delivery is a sign for me to continue to pray regardless. Possibly things have gotten more spiritually hairy than they anticipated and I am just not aware of that.

rosebush

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My Neighbors Won't Help me With Delivering my Baby

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:01 am

Hi, Rose -

I think you've already got the understanding you seek on this dream!

The U-turn that you made in the dream stood out to me when I read it, as insignificant as the action may seem. Was there a point in your interaction with these people where you made a personal decision to turn around and move in a different direction? It may not even be related to the project, itself. This choice, though, seemed to be the turning point where what was planned did not come to fruition.

Now, these people were supposed to help you with the delivery of your baby in the dream. Yet, they ended up having an issue with the little dog. I wonder if their backing out of the real-life project is because of their own experiences with something similar to the project, but on a smaller and less-meaningful scale (the small dog). It wasn't completely clear to you in the dream what the the complications were with the little dog. And, like you mentioned in your own observations, you may never fully know just why they backed out.

As for the watchdog, this may simply be to let you know not to pursue the project with these people at all. They went their way in the dream, and have made it clear that they do not want anyone in their business after doing so. If you are to continue the project, you might as well count them out completely.

Just my thoughts,
-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rosebush on Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:26 am

Yeah, I am one to just let things go after a little prompting and no response. I think both of these people had their heart set on me playing a different role in my interaction with them than God was leading me to, which may have been represented by the little dog's pregnancy -- and I hadn't put that together. Dogs in a previous dream I had about them represented leadership. One was interested in dating me and the other desperately wanted me to help with a children's ministry, and that would have seemed the thing to do and I would have done that knowing I was God led. I was very careful to listen for God's directions, but had warnings from the start that this project may take off without me and had seem a crash in a dream. I only know that I was careful to wait on God for his directions as I didn't want to unwittingly make a bigger mess for them than they already had.

Thanks for the insight on the possibility of other issues going on. It is puzzling to enter into a God calling and then have people cut ties for no given reason, but I was given several prior clues to the possibility of this happening. I am believing there is no other involvement for me outside of prayer for the situation, unless God gives further direction. Cause I am still concerned that if folks don't let go of their own expectations and plans, they can't hear clearly God's leadings and the undertaking may not go forth as it should. It is hard though, cause I was really wanting to see the project through. Trying not to take on personal responsibility, but also would care to know if I somehow tripped up the association in my own doing. The sad part is I believe the pregnancy/delivery meant there was more to come.

Thanks for the confirmation. ~Rose

rosebush

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 4:58 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top