Midnight Attack...or Not?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Midnight Attack...or Not?

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:45 pm

This dream felt very much like it was happening right now, in real life.

In the dream, I was in my bedroom, just waking up. It was the middle of the night, just like tonight. I was thinking that I did not know how I had gotten to bed. I looked out my bedroom window, down to where my car should be, and there was a forklift backed into my driveway instead of my car. I knew that something had happened to me, because I left the forks raised up in the air.

I went downstairs, walking through my house in the dark - well, there was only the faintest light from the moon or a streetlight outside. I walked toward the front door and knew that it was unlocked, once again thinking that I had been put to bed by someone else since the door was left that way after they had left. I suddenly thought that it was the two different sets of neighbors that had put me to sleep, and I was somewhat relieved to think this. They would have been my old Pastor and his wife, and their brother and sister-in-law - both of which are real-life neighbors. I opened the front door, and then the screen door and found two tickets for something balanced on the outside handle of the screen door. This is where I knew that it was the couple that are not my Pastor/his wife.

At this point, I went back inside and attempted to turn on a light. Nothing. I moved to the dining room and tried a light there. Nothing. I looked over into the kitchen and saw the clock on the microwave, so I knew that I had power. I opened the door to the basement and turned on the light. This time, only the outline of the lightbulb in the stairway lit up. This did not give me any light, but allowed me to see the bulb. At this point, I was certain that I had power, but that someone/thing was holding it back. I became angry, and went downstairs to deal with whatever it was. I walked toward the breaker box and went to pray in the Spirit...and now I began to think that I was under attack, because I could not get anything out...at least, not without a struggle, and it was just sounds and not formed words.

I woke up at this point, pressing through in prayer till it was no longer difficult to pray.

Any thoughts?
-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Midnight Attack...or Not?

Post by gracee (lionhgirl) on Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:29 am

Hi Mark, I just had some thoughts, but they're probably very obvious to you! Anyways I'll ask away, is there a situation in real life that you may feel 'in the dark' about? Also like you have no idea how you got to this place? You'll probably know what the light represents, maybe revelation? It seems the enemy's ploy is to stop you from being fully aware of your surroundings - to keep you in the dark and make you feel disoriented. But I think its encouraging to know that there are people looking out for you and your safety. And also both in the dream and IRL you knew what to do - to pray.

gracee (lionhgirl)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:41 am

This is good, Lionheartedgirl! I'm glad you shared your thoughts. I sometimes have trouble stepping away from my dreams to ask myself those kinds of questions.

In real life, I'm "in the dark" on a lot of stuff! In fact, I was talking to God before I went to bed last night, actually thinking that "I have no idea how I got here." Not sure how I didn't remember that! Anyway, I ask myself that question a lot, because I don't know how it happened and I don't know where I'm going with any kind of certainty. And, just like in the dream, I've been seeking revelation on these things. Silly me, for not recognizing that the reason I'm "in the dark" is because the enemy wishes to keep me there.

I'll have to look at a couple of the other symbols in the dream, like the tickets and the forklift (that could just represent work). But, I appreciate what you brought to my attention.

Thanks much,
-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 5:47 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top