The Score Table

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Score Table

Post by Cholette on Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:58 pm

I normally don't like to over analyze symbols because I think there comes a time where we can become too deep and trying to figure out every little thing. This dream I had the other night wasnt an actual dream per se, but it was a flash...a vision...but I was asleep, if you will.

I'm asking this question because in this instance I know this symbol means something and I'm posting this to get some thoughts.

This individual is involved with sports however, he was sitting at the score table as if his job was to keep track of the score to the game, but he was reading his Bible instead. What I mean is, his job in the dream was to keep score, but he was doing both...reading his Bible in between taking score. The significance is his Bible because I was thinking it was a Bible at first, but not 100% sure until he laid it on the table with the spine of the Bible pointed towards me. I was actually an observer of the dream, which means I was not in the dream, but looking at it like you would a movie.

Any thoughts?

Do not fight FOR victory, but fight FROM THE PLACE of victory. Jesus has ALREADY won the battle!

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Score Table

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:23 pm

I have a thought, Cholette, but I want to wait until I can ask you how you felt about the scene.

You said that his job was to keep score. Did you feel that he should have been doing that task, only? Or, was it a good thing that he was able to do both?

Also (and I hope this is clear), did you feel at all like the two acts were separate? What I'm getting at with that question is more like...the bible reading could be incorporated into this score-keeping, or the two could be separate, not influencing the other. Am I making sense?

-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:06 pm

Yes you are making sense. I was excited and happy that he was reading the Bible. I think I was shocked that he desired to read the Bible so much that he would do it while doing that type of job. He actually seemed to have a handle to do both...didn't miss a beat. It was a basketball game so you can imagine what that would be like.

Do not fight FOR victory, but fight FROM THE PLACE of victory. Jesus has ALREADY won the battle!

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:20 pm

Ah, alrighty. Then, my thoughts are that the vision could be to confirm something you may be concerned about with this person. At first, you weren't 100% certain that he was reading a Bible, but it was eventually made clear to you. Then, as you shared, you were excited and happy to see this.

In real life, have you been concerned about this person's spiritual health? Before the vision, did he seem as if he was giving too much attention to something else? It could be that it didn't appear that he was (or could be) able to handle both tasks. The vision could be to show you that you don't need to worry, as they're not actually competing with each other.

Just thoughts, though. Could be wrong.
-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:43 am

No you are spot on. It didn't all make sense to me until you asked the questions. Yes, I was a little concerned about this guy becaus he went through a very hurtful divorce. He was on fire for the Lord prior to being married and really felt like God brought him his wife. I believe he was more embarrassed that it barely lasted five years because it was his first marriage and he was what he considered late in life (37). Now he's 48 and before I would see a sadness on him and certain dreams I would have about him, he was always despondent. So yes, this vision is a great encouragement to me because I haven't seen him around much, but now i know why...

I also believe God is showing me the balance he has between what he's doing IRL (which is hectic, just like the game of basketball) and His spiritual life. Wow, what a breath of fresh air for me.

Thanks Mark!

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:00 am

Very cool! Both the message and the interpretation! thumbs

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:44 pm

AMEN!!!!!!!!

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shan on Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:39 pm

I see that this was posted about a month ago, but I just now came across this...

What I got from this dream (or vision) is that this guy is handling two things that he loves, very well. He is able to manage both. The two loves may be intertwined (basketball --or whatever that represents-- and the Lord.)

Since you titled this the score table, did this seem to have significance? These are just my thoughts...

Shan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cholette on Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:49 am

Thanks Shan, yes he loves both very much and I can see where you are going with this...BALANCE. At one point of time he had a good balance, but some things happened in his life that shook him and I THINK he was off kilter a bit.

At one point I think he hid in basketball to shield himself from dealing with his issues, but I now think he has his balance back. It's interesting that God showed me this because it seems after the fact...unless it isn't and God wants me to pray balance into his life.

scratching chin

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 5:44 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top