The Unladen Swallow

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Unladen Swallow

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:48 am

Oh, I'll get to it. Just wait a bit...

First off, I had an interesting night in that my first dream was an attack from the enemy. I woke up praying against it and realized that I had not prayed before I went to bed. So, I did...asking God to provide me with dreams from Him and to protect me, etc. And so, this is what was next:

In the dream, I was working with my older step-brother. In real life, we have worked together and will be working together, again, very shortly. All that I remember was that we were seated on the floor of this room. I was on one side of the room, and he was against the side adjacent to mine, on my right. I had some type of material, like a putty or clay, and I formed it into marble-sized balls. My task was to take it and roll it across the floor. It seemed that he was to do something that was like shooting at them. What, exactly, he had to do wasn't clear to me. This likely lines up with real life, as he's entering a new position at work, and I'm not sure just what it is that he'll be doing on a daily basis.

We eventually ran out of the material I had been using, and those who were observing this task began to panic amongst themselves, thinking that we couldn't continue. I then noticed some dimes on the floor all around me, so I began to roll them across the floor while my brother continued to do what he had done to the other material. While the observers expressed how we couldn't continue, I showed them that we could, since the dimes served the same purpose.

In the next scene, I'm standing at a table where someone I don't know - but knew that they were a supervisor - was speaking with their superior. This superior happened to be Oprah. It seemed that the supervisor was being lectured for their panicky response earlier in the dream. Oprah then turned to my brother and I and said something approving how we had performed. She stood up from the table and we all headed out the exit of this room. She said to me, "...and, Mark - I need to ask you about the Unladed Swallows." I laughed as I said, "Oh? African or European?" I was aware that only I understood my joke, because she remained serious - but not in any sort of angry way. They simply hadn't realized that I was referencing something humorous.

Last scene: I'm sitting at a computer while waiting for Oprah to show up. I had pulled up a webpage about swallows in both Africa and Europe. Among others, there was actually a swallow called The Unladen. I was surprised at this, since I had previously understood it to mean a bird that wasn't carrying anything... I wasn't embarrassed considering I had just joked about it. I was just surprised and interested.

Any thoughts are appreciated!
-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Unladen Swallow

Post by Daisy on Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:05 pm

Hi Mark- only a couple things stand out to me in this dream. First of all your ability to see a problem and solve it, when others just kind of panic or freak out thinking there is nothing that can be done. This to me speaks of your leadership capabilities. Another thing that seems to stand out, is the part about Oprah and her seriousness. Maybe this could be about when you start your new position, sensing a little bit of awkwardness until you get to know the people you will be working with, and them getting to know you better (and also your sense of humor).

Just some thoughts...please toss if it doesn't fit.

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:15 pm

Thanks, Daisy. I can definitely see how it relates to my leadership role back at the old (new) job. When I return (after this week, actually!), I expect much to be the same in the areas of problem solving. That whole scene actually lines up with how things were when I was there - panic by those who were looking on, while problems were often troubleshooted by us leads. Good to see that my brother and I were working in tandem this time, rather than one opposed to the other.

I can also see Oprah representing my cousin...though, it could very well be someone else. He's a funny person, but the fun is on his terms, if you know what I mean. He can even be humorous at work, but the same rules apply: when he wants to be.

She could also represent some of the folks that I'll be leading that were hired after I left.

Thanks much! :)

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:37 pm

I love the part where you and your brother were working together! Hope the transition goes well!!! Def give updates as things manifest, and you find out who is who in all these work dreams. Im praying you will have such a smooth transition!! :hooray:

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 12:03 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top