significance of smells in dreams

View previous topic View next topic Go down

significance of smells in dreams

Post by happiness80 on Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:55 am

Hi all,

Sorry if this has been posted before but i wondered about the significance of smells in dreams. The fact that you can actually smell something very clearly whilst in the dream.

To put it in context I dreamt i was getting out of my car and greeting a friend dressed in white. The person had been mowing the lawns and though i did not see any lawn or lawnmower in the dream i knew they had been mowing the lawn because I could smell fresh cut grass. That stood out, and was the main aspect.

any thoughts?

happiness80

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: significance of smells in dreams

Post by Daisy on Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:39 am

Hi happiness! These are just my thoughts, but my first instinct is to say in your waking life, keep trusting your discernment. If you have a check in your spirit about something, go with it. What your sensing is probably right on track, even if you dont see the physical evidence. Does this resonate with anything currently you have been picking up on in your waking life? If not, please toss aside.

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by happiness80 on Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:00 am

LOL thanks Daisy, Im actually not sure why I didnt think of discernment first! That makes so much sense lol.

What your sensing is probably right on track, even if you dont see the physical evidence.

Thank you, I think this speaks clearly to me :)

happiness80

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:37 am

:praiseg-d: Bless You

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:49 am

I'm in agreement with Daisy and also wanted to add that sometimes smells can be prophetic or a can act as a marker in dreams. As an example, I had a dream a couple of years ago where I smelled an odor that was close to gasoline but wasn't actually gas. I received a package in the mail (luggage that I ordered online) and the preservative packet smelled EXACTLY like the smell that I smelled in the dream.

Hope this helps! flower

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamster on Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:53 pm

ive had all kinda smells in drms good an bad,,laugh shocked ,,i wonda about lawn mowing ,, scratching chin kood be 2do wiv maintaing ur bakyard,, or genral maintenance,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,, sweet dreams 2 D,,, break tme, happy dance

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by happiness80 on Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:13 am

Thanks Lola, that is very helpful, I think Ive only ever had 2 dreams where i've smelt something strongly and it was the main aspect of the dream.
Yes Dreamster, I also thought that about the lawn mowing and also the words "hard work" came to mind...glad I wasn't the one doing it in this dream flower

happiness80

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamster on Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:08 pm

laugh happy dance Amen ,,,u kood assume the Dee position= sweet dreams 2 ,,,werks 4 me,, woohoo lol!

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:11 pm

Just another thought to throw out there, but when D mentioned hard work, I also thought of grass cutting being a 'seasonal' thing as well. Not sure if that resonates with you or not..but thought I would share it. Please toss it if it doesn't fit. Bless You

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by happiness80 on Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:52 pm

yes Daisy that does reasonate, I actually thought that previously too, that grass needs to be cut at certain times and consistently otherwise it gets messy and out of control, its hard work but does need to be done!

Thanks !

happiness80

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:28 am

Your so welcome! Also, my husband says that its much easier to maintain like you said, consistently, bc if you let it get too out of control its really hard to do it when its longer.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 3:48 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top