Car = your life but.....?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Car = your life but.....?

Post by BelovedoftheLord on Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:10 am

Thoughts welcome on any of my questions below:

1) What if the car is a really old model like from almost 20years ago.

2) Why is that at times the model and make of the car stands out and at other times it does not. any significance in that.

3) Why is it that sometimes its the car you drive IRL and at other times its another make and model you dont recognise.

4) what about seeing someone almost getting knocked down by an old car.

5) Any significance to the colour of the car standing out?

6) What if you are struggling to park a big car that seems to belong to your former pastor

7) what about driving behind someone on a long journey. Im in my car and that person is in their own car and im following them for literally thousands of kilometres coz i want give them a blank piece of paper.

8) What about when your car goes missing. You leave it parked somewhere and come back to find it gone.

BelovedoftheLord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Car = your life but.....?

Post by Cholette on Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:40 am

Well I will do my best at sharing some of my thoughts with you regarding your questions.

1) possibly an older model represents you in the past.

2) not sure about make and model standing out...never had that, unless I'm in my car irl.

3) I believe that it's the car you drive now because something dealing with who you are now is being shown to you. Another car could be speaking of your future.

4) being knocked down by a car could mean someone being knocked down by someone or some thing in their life.

5) not sure about color never had that either.

6) struggling to park your former pastors car may mean you are struggling with coming to terms about something regarding his life.

7) following someone in their car with a blank piece of paper may mean you are following someone for no reason. Meaning, you don't have anything to offer someone when you are behind them. LEAD by example.

8) a missing car may mean you've lost your way. A car can represent you and/or means of transportation on your journey in life...how you get one place to another. It could also mean identity of self...you losing your sense Of identity.

These are only thoughts...giving you something to think about. Please pray and if anything doesn't bear witness, toss out.

Do not fight FOR victory, but fight FROM THE PLACE of victory. Jesus has ALREADY won the battle!

Cholette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:54 am

I’ll take a try as well. My only disclaimer is that no symbol means any one thing 100% of the time. Most of my comments will be based on what I’ve seen in my own or others dreams and what I recall from Mia’s dream dictionary (apologies to everyone that the link is broken, we’re working on it…)

1) What if the car is a really old model like from almost 20years ago.

I think it depends on the dream and the context of the car’s age. An old car strikes me as using old ways/old habits/outdated beliefs/approaches to handle life now. The condition of the car would indicate whether this is a good or bad thing. For example, a car that’s decrepit and worn would suggest that these old ways may actually be a hindrance or they may reflect a poor quality of life. It would also represent a poor outlook/perspective that they bring to handling life. It could also be representative of the poor fruit that they have in their life. I once had a dream about someone from my past who was driving an old, beat up car – not surprising because she’d always had a bad, conniving attitude over the years which cut off her blessings. On the other hand, an old car could be a classic edition – a traditional approach that that’s tried and true.

2) Why is that at times the model and make of the car stands out and at other times it does not. any significance in that.

Sometimes the make/model of the car have certain characteristics that are relevant. For example, a sports car might mean something fast and agile, something that will occur quickly. A SUV might be tied to work or represent some effort that will be exerted to get through a season. A luxury car may tie to a blessed season that you’re in. Other members may have good examples of this symbolism in their dreams that they can share…

3) Why is it that sometimes its the car you drive IRL and at other times its another make and model you dont recognise.

Now for this one, you'll have to ask God... flower I don’t really have an answer for this question, sometimes the dream is prophetic and sometimes it’s symbolic. Other times, it may be a sign that the dream is tied to your here and now, other times the make/model of the car isn’t the focus of the dream. Again, just speculating here…

4) what about seeing someone almost getting knocked down by an old car.

This type of dream I’ve had before where I’ve been driving and hit others. For me, that was a prophetic dream meaning that I was going to clash with someone. The person has been symbolic, they represented someone else but that’s the way that I dream….

If in the dream the person was hit by a car that someone else was driving and you are observing them getting hit, then it may be a call to you to pray for them. For me, I see the getting knocked down part as having a fight with someone, ,experiencing conflict. The old car in this sense could represent someone who is old, has old ways, or it could even represent an old establishment.

5) Any significance to the colour of the car standing out?
I think the color probably ties to what we normally associate with certain colors unless of course, certain colors have special meaning for you…. If the color is standing out and/or if it isn’t a color you would normally associate with cars, then it probably has symbolic meaning. The thing here is that it may not be about the specific color as much as it may just be about being unconventional, something different (or abnormal depending on the dream).

6) What if you are struggling to park a big car that seems to belong to your former pastor

Just thoughts…what comes to mind based on what you said is that you’re handling things that aren’t your responsibility to handle and appear to be things that you aren’t equipped to handle since you’re struggling…but I’d need to read the whole dream before commenting further.

7) what about driving behind someone on a long journey. Im in my car and that person is in their own car and im following them for literally thousands of kilometres coz i want give them a blank piece of paper.

Just thoughts, again this is just based on what you wrote, I need to see the full dream or ask questions to clarify…what comes to mind here is “Is it worth it?” You’re following this other person for miles rather then driving your own path in order to give them something that doesn’t seem to have much value. But the dream could also reflect your patience in dealing with a situation since you’re willing to follow the person for so long until the opportunity presents itself for you to give them the paper. Looking at it from this perspective, the paper seems to have value. Since it’s blank that suggests that you/they can write/draw something on it. IRL, is this someone whom you want to give another chance?

8) What about when your car goes missing. You leave it parked somewhere and come back to find it gone.

To me this suggests that you’re distracted (since you can’t remember something you should be able to remember) and the thing is to figure out why – it may be that you’re too busy and are forgetting important things, it may be that you’re focusing on the wrong things instead of more critical things…

Again, these are thoughts. If you're comfortable, post the whole dream in the "Dreams to be Interpreted" section so that it can be interpreted.

Bless You

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:16 pm

BelovedoftheLord wrote:

I agree with what the others have said about the questions you asked. I only wanted to speak to this question. Sometimes, the make and model of the car may be the real message of the dream, depending how much attention it gets. For example, I had a dream about an ex and a car that she drove while we were in high school. In my waking life, I had all but forgotten about this. The car, however, was a Ford Tempo, which stood out in the dream that the message was about timing.

Similar themes could hold true if you dreamed of a Focus, or a Trailblazer, or a Liberty.

-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lola21st on Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:33 pm

Good point Mark. I once had a dream that involved a Trailblazer and the dream theme was about moving through unchartered territory - something that was going to require a 4x4 to drive/work through the bush. Also, note the play on words with "Trailblazer"....God does that a lot in my dreams...

lola21st

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BelovedoftheLord on Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:43 am

Thank you for your responses, certainly gives me a lot to think about and some new insights on understanding my dreams.

Mark, the car in question happened to be a toyota corolla, does that have any meaning at all...

Lola, i like your thoughts about number 7, really has given me a lot to think/pray about. The dream is a bit personal so would not be comfortable posting it.

BelovedoftheLord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:37 am

Hmmm...does that car have any special meaning to you? Like, say, does anyone you know drive that type of car?

Otherwise, I had to look up the word Corolla - It means either 1. a type of garland or wreath; or, 2. all the petals of a flower, when you consider them as one whole unit.

-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BelovedoftheLord on Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:53 am

Hi Mark; thank you for responding again. Please do bear with me, can i share with you the whole dream and perhaps you can give me whatever insights you have into it, i feel like its important for my life. In this dream my car was a white toyota corolla, a very old version which came on the market maybe 20 years ago which is possibly more or less the time i became a committed christian. The car was in good condition like sturdy and reliable in spite of that its an old model - in fact in the dream the car did not look very old. Nothing else about the car except that i thought it was a nice enough car when it first came on the market.

In the dream i was driving out of the basement of a building. i was on my way to a camping trip in a certain place whose name literaly means "East" . I was going to be driving ahead with another car following driven by a work colleague who also happens to be a prayer partner. i drove out of the basement (appeared quite dark) into the sunlight but instead of driving away i parked my car near the exit and went back into the basement to collect some warm clothes for the camping trip from the trunk of my other car which i knew was parked in the basement. I take the warm clothes and return to my car but decide to return again to the basement and this time i return with a brown bag all folded up. All the while my colleague in the other car ( i have an impression that its full of people) are watching me and waiting for me somewhat patiently i think.

IRL i dont do camping trips am not at all outdoorsy at all. I read somewhere that east is to do with new beginnings, your future etc and prior to this dream i had been seeking God about my future

BelovedoftheLord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:42 am

BelovedoftheLord wrote:maybe 20 years ago which is possibly more or less the time i became a committed christian.

...prior to this dream i had been seeking God about my future

These two details are what stand out to me as far as the meaning of the car goes and the dream as a whole. Personally, I wouldn't focus so much on the type or color of the car as much as what you were doing in the dream AND what was on your heart when you had the dream. Likewise, I wouldn't take the Camping theme literally, either.

So, since you were seeking God about your future, my thoughts are that he's confirming with this dream that he DOES have a plan for you, a future. There's a transition that's occuring, moving out of the darkness and into the glorious (light) future that he has for you. The couple of times where you stop may represent moments of preparation for what lies ahead.

Another thought about those moments where you stopped (and please don't take this in a bad way): Do you notice moments where you hesitate to move forward in what God may have shown you? If so, I actually believe that He's showing you that He has patience for you - not anger or disappointment - just like you sensed from those waiting for you in the car.

These are just some thoughts.
-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BelovedoftheLord on Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:34 pm

Mark; thank you so much for taking time to respond. Great insights! God bless you! :thanks:

BelovedoftheLord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 7:39 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top