Racing against Mormons, Buddhists and Muslims

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Racing against Mormons, Buddhists and Muslims

Post by Shan on Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:56 pm

I dreamed this long ago and I only have partial understanding.

I was in a race. It was like a reality show where people called in to vote for their favorite religion. I was on the inside left lane. It reminded me of an indoor race track. I represented Christianity. There was a Buddhist, a Muslim, a Morman and I think a Jehovah's Witness. We each were pushing in front of us the symbol that best represented our religion. We had numbers above our heads. As people called in, the number would increase. We could only go as fast as the number above our heads. I was pushing a cross and so was the Morman. The Buddhist and Muslim were pushing books i.e., the Koran. The numbers above the Buddhist and Muslim were in the 100's. They were winning. I distinctly remember the number above my head was 6. I was saddened as Christianity was in last place, but I could do nothing about it. The race was over and I don't know who won. We were told that we could take our symbol home as a souvenir. I picked up my cross and carried it on my shoulder. I walked outside along with the Mormon who was doing the same.

Next, a man was standing beside a barrel of fire like you would see a homeless person standing next to to warm himself. This guy had a bow and arrow. He dipped the arrow in the fire and shot it at the Mormon. It penetrated her abdomen. She girgled, blood spewed out and she died. The guy then turned toward me and did the same. The arrow was coming straight at my heart, but it stopped short of reaching my flesh my a millimeter and fell to the ground with a soft thud. It reminded me of a child's plastic toy or something because it had no power to it like you would expect. He drew another arrow and shot it at me. This time I turned my back to run and it hit my left shoulder and barely knicked it, not even enough to need a bandaid. I looked at the man and he just shrugged his shoulders like, "Oh well..." I turned again to run because I was still afraid. Then the Lord said to me, "Don't you care to ask him why he is so mad at me?" It was then that I knew there was nothing to be afraid of and that this man needed to be ministered to, so I did. End of dream.

Thanks for any insight.

Shan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Racing against Mormons, Buddhists and Muslims

Post by gracee (lionhgirl) on Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:00 am

Hi Shan! Wow.. what an interesting dream. Do you feel called to minister to people of other religions? I just wanted to post a few thoughts/verses that came to mind... but if any of this doesn't fit with you then please just leave it.
I think it’s key that the first part only reveals the popularity numbers of these religions. This all seems like the perspective of the world. And from their point of view, Christians will never win the popularity race - as you’ve probably already noticed.It s the result of the spiritual battle going on behind the scenes.
You taking up your cross symbolises your decision to choose to live and serve as a disciple of Jesus and deny the life/values of this world. Once you make this decision you become a threat to the enemy. And you become his target for persecution. Jesus warned us that we would be persecuted and hated for following him, just as He was hated (John 15:18-20). But He also said that those who were persecuted would be blessed (Matt 5) – another version says “The persecution drives you even deeper into God’s kingdom.”
So with the second dream, this looks like a situation where you will be persecuted for your faith. The good thing is you're totally armed for this - even though these attacks may graze/frighten you, they never actually injure you. And although they are aimed at your heart, they never pierce it. You’re protected because of your faith in Jesus, it is a shield – “Above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one.” Ephesians 6:16. Just like you said, there's actually nothing to be afraid of.
My own thoughts are that this dream can you help you know what to expect in this situation. When someone is persecuting you, it’s actually an opportunity for you to minister to them, God has placed them in your path for a specific reason. And the way you respond to their persecution can be your best testimony of Jesus love to them.

Again just my thoughts here. Bless you Shan :)

Last edited by lionheartedgirl on Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:51 am; edited 1 time in total

gracee (lionhgirl)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shan on Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:17 am

Thank you so much Lionheartedgirl! Your comments give me new insight. Especially about ministering to those persecuting me.

Bless you too!

Shan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 4:01 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top