*Long* Car issue and rollercoaster ride

View previous topic View next topic Go down

*Long* Car issue and rollercoaster ride

Post by Jazzy on Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:05 am

I was in a city at nighttime, which looked like a downtown. I was one of the few cars driving that night, and the roads looked a little damp. Iím not sure what was going with the car I was driving (I didnít recognize it as my car, but for the past few months Iíve been driving my brotherís car and I didnít recognize it as his either), but I had to put in extra effort to make it go. I had to press the gas harder because the car was just coasting. I reached a stoplight, and once the light turned green, I found it hard to get the car going. Soon the light turned yellow and then red so I stopped putting in so much effort. It turned green again and I repeated the process, and once the light turned yellow and red I just persisted to keep trying to move through the stoplight since nobody was at the intersection. Someone I knew was in the car with me, but they hopped out of their passenger seat to go speak with this cop that was ahead of me. The person sat in the police car, and their conversation turned out to take a long time. The police car dimmed their lights so that only the parking lights were on. I continued to try as hard as I could to keep the car moving.

I was kind of in the same setting, this time outside and it was still nighttime. My husband came up to me asking for spare change for a contest. So I gave him some change. There were some of those coin rollers around, and thatís what I used to hold my pennies and very few quarters. I didnít have enough to fill the rollers. He told me he was going to get more money. It dawned upon me that he was going to get it out of our account. So I asked him was he getting it out of our account, and he kind of froze and didnít say anything.

I was with my mother in the passenger seat as she was driving. We were supposed to pay the regular toll because we didnít have the pay-as-you-go device for express. She still ended up entering the ramp for express. I told her, and my attitude was geez, typical thing for mom to do to miss the sign. I told her now we would miss our exit. In my dream I was relating the express lane to the HOV lanes in D.C., because you only travel in those when youíre going to keep straight for a while because it turns into its own little bridge with only a few exit ramps to. It provides spare lanes for high traffic volumes too. If youíre supposed to get off soon, then youíre more than likely going to miss your exit.

I was on a rollercoaster with my mother, and it was like because we took that express lane, we had to go upside down. It was actually like going in a tunnel underneath a tunnel too. As we went upside down, the rollercoaster slowed, and I could feel the pressure on my nose and I thought it was going to bleed. But we eventually came out the loop. Then we reached a pause area on the ride, but some people thought it was the end. They tried to release their overhead bars, but it would only come up a little. I kept mine on as tight as I could, but I knew the chest bars and lap bars would become looser. The ride started up again, and when I hit a turn, I felt the bars get a little looser and I knew and everyone else on my coaster knew we had to hold on with a little bit more strength, but I knew nobody would fall off or anything.

--------------------------------------------------------
The last time I had a dream about a broken down car, I was riding with my brother in the dream and in reality. In reality, two of my brother's tires went flat while we were driving. I was just happy I had nothing to do with the tire-changing. But in this dream I kind of felt like I was by myself even though someone I knew was in the passengerseat; I guess I felt that way because they provided no input. That is kind of scary because I am supposed to be travelling about 5 hours by car this entire weekend. Train and flight tickets are just too expensive. One difference is I didn't pay attention to the 1st dream, but now I will definitely pray for safety during my travel. I'm actually going to get my A/C refilled today, so hopefully they can warn me of anything they see wrong.

When I have dreams about rollercoasters, the safety bars always come loose for some reason. But everyone is usually safe. In reality, I'm not nervous one bit about the safety bars coming off prematurely. But I don't know why my dreams are like that.

Jazzy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: *Long* Car issue and rollercoaster ride

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:14 pm

Hello, Jazzy -

I have a few thoughts for you to consider about your dreams:

In the first dream, the overall theme seems to be that you're unable to get into motion when you're given the opportunity to do so within the appropriate timing (the streetlights). Do you feel like this in any area of your waking life? The interaction with the officer makes me think of asking God for help. If you can think of an area where this might apply, you probably are also wondering what is taking so long to get this help. There wasn't really resolution in the dream, so the message could simply be the confirmation that God knows about it, and to continue to be persistent and patient.

The second dream could tie in with the first one. In this one, it's obvious to you that going about something the wrong way - in a fashion that could lead to getting things moving quicker - could ultimately make you miss out on where you're supposed to go. Once again, possibly a warning dream.

For the rollercoaster dream, I see the rollercoaster symbol as sort of like a train - and, for me, trains can be a God-purpose. You're on a track, your path is planned out before you, and you really don't have to worry about choosing different direction - you either go forward or backward.

The rollercoaster, however, puts a different spin on it (pun intended). Here, the focus is on the experience of the ride. This could be about something that's likely group-related, since others are on the ride with you. It's also likely to have some real ups-and-downs to it, and some elements where you can feel out of control. As for your dream, you could reach a point where you really feel some pressure related to a specific point in the experience (the potential nosebleed). This didn't happen, though, so rest assured that you won't reach any sort of breaking point. Lastly, about the safety bars: There's probably a point in this wild ride where people feel that it's time to let down your guard and relax. But, no - and you knew better. This is where you have to hang on tight until you know that it's truly over. Just as in the dream, you and your group will come through safely.

Those are all the thoughts that I have. Please disregard if you feel that they don't fit.

Blessings to you on your trip.
-Mark

Last edited by TheWhiteShadow on Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jazzy on Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:24 pm

Thank you so much Mark. I was actually in the library taking a study break when I decided to come and check the forum. What you really said was the truth, and it really touched my spirit because I started tearing up out of nowhere. I actually decided to leave the library to just go home to meditate and pray. I feel like a cry baby now lol, but I feel it is good to cry sometimes to relieve the soul. And honestly, I really do not cry a lot. But the way I'm crying now, it reminds me how I cried when my Father passed 2.5 years ago. So I think because I'm relating my sobbing to that, it's just making me go more and more lol.

Since I've started grad school last Fall, I just feel like I am battling with spirits of fear or doubt. I am definitely confident in my abilities to comprehend the material, but I think my fear is mainly a fear of speaking up and voicing my opinion in school and its activities. I also expected mature classmates overall. I think the reason I don't speak up is because I don't want to be judged. That's where I doubt myself because I change my mind about asking or saying something. For instance, there are certain people in my class who ask more questions than others, and you can hear a small portion of the back of the class groan when one of those few people raise their hand to ask questions. It is very immature, almost like high school. I actually used to sit on that side of the room where that small group of people were (I definitely wasn't involved in the groaning) because one of my co-workers wanted to be buddy-buddy in class. I honestly prefer to sit in the front. Anyways, I finally found the courage to move to the front of the classroom, but now I find myself timid to ask questions I guess because I don't want them to groan and sigh at me. Silly I know. I used to not care about petty stuff like that. Now that I'm in the front of the class, I ponder that this is what I wanted, why am I not being more interactive? And that's just one example of me not stepping up; there are so many more, whether it's school or work (newer environments), but family-wise I'm just fine I guess because I'm way more familiar with family.

The second dream doesn't relate to my last response. But what I'm about to say can relate to the 1st and 2nd dream combined. My husband was interested in a job offer, but it turned out it was really far away. After we found out how far away it was, he still told the company it was okay. I found out because it came up in a conversation we had, and I raised a fit. He didn't know I felt so strongly against the distance. Today he didn't talk about it, rather he said he will apply for more applications that are closer.

Thank you for the rollercoaster interpretation as well. It is so helpful to get a second viewpoint because I take things so literal a lot of the time.

Jazzy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:24 pm

jazzy2968 wrote: Anyways, I finally found the courage to move to the front of the classroom, but now I find myself timid to ask questions I guess because I don't want them to groan and sigh at me.

Hi again, Jazzy -

I only wished to add one comment on what you shared here. Basically, you have every right to get as much out of your experience in class as you wish. You're paying for it. You're investing your time. You're doing the work. When it's all said and done, the groaners aren't going to have a lick of influence on what's ahead of you in life beyond grad school, so you might as well disregard their attitudes now. This is your experience, your opportunity. I encourage you to take what is available because you want it.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 2:25 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top