Telling someone in a dream I dreamt about them

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Telling someone in a dream I dreamt about them

Post by Jazzy on Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:07 pm

Is there any significance of realizing in a dream that I dreamt about a person while that person is in front of me during my dream (I can't remember what the dream was about though; lately I've been dreaming a lot but I wait too long to post and then I forget what it was about)? I was feeling eager and started off telling the person that I dreamt about them, but I don't think they heard me because someone else was talking to them too. Then I kind of had a feeling that I shouldn't have said anything and it was good the other person cut me off.

When you all have dreams about someone, do you tell them or wait until it manifests? Or how do you know when to mention it. Maybe this is for future reference? I remember reading one of Mia's articles and it said telling a dream too early can be detrimental.

Jazzy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Telling someone in a dream I dreamt about them

Post by Daisy on Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:44 pm

jazzy2968 wrote:

When you all have dreams about someone, do you tell them or wait until it manifests? Or how do you know when to mention it. Maybe this is for future reference? I remember reading one of Mia's articles and it said telling a dream too early can be detrimental.

Yes, I am very hesitant to tell someone of my dreams. There are those moments though, that I KNOW I am suppose to tell someone something from a dream, and in that case there is NO DOUBT in my mind I am suppose to. The majority of MY dreams of others though, are meant to bring to prayer for others. Somehow, someway it always comes up later that this person was going through something at the time, and God lets someone tell me about it! This helps to help confirm to me that this dream indeed was for prayer. God is so faithful to confirm things for us (He did this more frequently in the beginning, when I knew didn't understand my dreams as much). I think of it this way, with prophecy (and prophetic dreams), God will sometimes reveal things to us about someone, knowing that we will be faithful stewards over this information...praying for them, or reaching out to them if they need it. Just like we cherish a really good friend, who is loyal and trustworthy. I believe that God will entrust certain things to those He trusts, those who will carry His burden for others. These are just my thoughts......

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:18 am

I agree with Daisy. Most of the time, it's best to keep the dream to yourself and pray where necessary. One of the early mistakes people make is assuming that a person in the dream is literal. Oftentimes they aren't.

Just as an example: I have 4 siblings, and I have dreams about them quite often. However, I've learned that they can symbolize each other, or even brothers and sisters in Christ. The dream is an invitation to seek God for His revelation of what the dream truly relates to.

Another example: I dreamed of a couple that I know in real life and an issue in their family. I jumped the gun and asked them if something was going on. There wasn't. Had I waited, I would have understood later on that the couple in the dream represented a different couple that I knew.

If anything, you can document the dreams in a way where they're timestamped, so if the time comes to tell someone about a dream you had, you have documentation that you dreamed it before the event happened, which you can also show them if they're skeptical.

Just a few thoughts...
-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jazzy on Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:48 pm

Thank you both for your comments. I am so glad this forum is here because I am really understanding how intrinsic dreams are. I hope to post more often and maintain my prayer and bible study time. I think I will start a journal using Word on my computer.

Jazzy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:41 pm

Happy to help Jazzy! Great idea with recording them on Word on your pc!!

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 8:20 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top