Escalation - Partial Manifestation

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:54 am

Hello, everyone -

Just woke up, and my heart is still racing from this dream. I have to get this written down, though. And, it's probably going to be long...

This dream began with me in a school. I was not a student, but I was there simply because the events of my day had me crossing paths with this place, if that makes sense: I just happened to be there.

While I was in the hallway, an older teacher walked out of her classroom, appearing exasperated. She had been dealing with a student - a teen girl - who had been relentless in being uncooperative with this teacher. The teacher gave me a look, as if to say that any help would be appreciated.

I entered the classroom behind the teacher and saw the student, who was standing among her seated peers, at the focus of their attention. I began to lecture the student about her behavior, knowing that she'd heard this kind of speech before. I didn't yell, but my tone and the intensity of my words drove the girl back to her seat. With this task completed, I left the classroom and proceeded toward the exit of the school.

I did not make it out before I crossed paths with this girl, again. After I left, she must have acted up, again...and the teacher had brought her to the school office. At this point, there was nothing more that the staff could do. She needed to be taken to the school district's main building downtown. And guess what? No one was available to perform this task. So, grudgingly, I agreed to help.

The kicker? It seemed that we had to take the student's car. I have no idea where my own car was in this dream, and taking the student's car seemed to be the right thing to do - although I was not enthused. So, I began to drive the student's car - which must have been her parents', as it was this white Cadillac - with her in the front passenger seat. We headed through my town towards downtown. And, the sky quickly grew dark...

Up ahead of us at a major intersection of my town, there seemed to be an incident. There were police cars all around, and the appearance of some kind of accident. We got closer, and it was more than an accident: There was a battle raging. The police were slowly letting people through while dealing with some enemy, and the whole scene was intense - there was shouting all around, guns drawn and fired at a target that must have been behind us. Our turn came to pass through this intersection, and we saw the officers that were directing traffic get gunned down before us. Others rushed up to take their places, and I could see the spray of bullets passing next to us, piercing through the officers' cars. I yelled at the girl to get out of her seat and down onto the floor of the car, as I also saw tiny bullets stream through our vehicle. Somehow, I did the same, and was able to drive through from this position on the floor, all the while seeing the bullets piercing through the car, right where I had just been sitting up in the driver's seat.

We arrived at the main building. Oddly enough, getting this girl to this building was still our priority in spite of the warfare that was going on. As we entered the building, the chaos seemed even closer...and I wondered about my mother, and if she was ok.

The girl and I arrived at an area of the building where she seemed familiar with what the procedure was. There was a woman seated at a small table, with a small lock-box in front of her for collecting payment of a fee that each delinquent was expected to pay upon arrival. The girl gave her a few coins from her pocket, turned and walked away to another part of the room. What she gave was clearly not enough, and I felt obligated to pay the difference, as I had agreed to this responsibility. As I began to look through my wallet, I realized that the chaos had arrived at this building. People began to make their way to the upper floors...all while I still searched my wallet for the required difference. A man came up to me - someone that I work with in real life - and made it clear to me that paying this fee was of no importance. We now needed to get moving since the warfare had come to us, and our lives were at stake.

I followed this man as we made our way through the building with some others. At various intersections of hallways, we had to stop until a break in the gunfire. Our enemy was even closer to us - no longer just outside the building. We reached a stairwell that we needed to take to the upper floors. Our group moved up the stairs in front of me. I made my way up towards a landing where the stairs would turn in the opposite direction to continue to the next floor. As I approached the stairwell's landing, the windows shattered before me from outside gunfire, with glass falling all around. I shielded my face from the glass, and when I looked up right as I reached the landing...a man stepped in front of me from the opposite set of stairs. I knew he was also from where I worked. He had a gun in his hand - he was with the enemy, who had appparently already reached the floor we were headed to.

He pointed his gun at me. I said, "Please. No." He pulled the trigger...

And I woke up at that very moment.

I apologize for the length...unless you enjoy a good short story. :) I'd appreciate anyone's thoughts on this one.

-Mark

Last edited by TheWhiteShadow on Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Escalation - Partial Manifestation

Post by Daisy on Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:08 pm

Hi Mark! What are your feelings towards the man irl from work, the one who shot you??? How is your working relationship with him?

These are my thoughts....Please toss if they don't fit! It seems to me you are walking in authority when helping the teacher with the teen. Are you feeling almost obligated to take on tasks at work (or anywhere else in you life) right now, that you aren't too thrilled about? Maybe even things that aren't necessarily your responsibility, but you are kind enough (or even a hard enough worker) to do it anyways (like taking the girl to the disciplinary place, and helping to pay her entry fee)? I get the thought that you are picking up someone elses' slack-even though you didn't have to. You remained focused throughout the entire chaos. All these things to me seems to point to your true character of a leader. Leaders unfortunately do become targets at times. With the teacher, pathetically needing help...this makes me think of someone who is in a position (like a manager) that is not qualified to take on the tasks that are required of him/her. The thought comes to me that even if you do not have the 'title' at work of a manager, those with the qualities of a leader will automatically take on the things that a manager would do...these will be roles that you easily step in during your everyday activities and especially during times of chaos. Maybe this is a possible similar scenerio at work that will happen, hopefully on a much smaller scale. I do know that if this is the case, that we can pray against any harm/chaos effecting you. Speaking and prophesying that no weapon formed against you shall prosper!! I also am speaking that the favor of the Lord will surround you as a shield!!!!

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:32 pm

Ah, I wasn't clear about that man when I typed that part out. The first man who met me and led me through the building toward the stairs is a real coworker, and there's really not feelings there. He's a decent guy and there's no issues - I just don't really know him.

The 2nd guy (the one who shot me) was not a person from real life. I had the knowledge in the dream that he was from work, though. So, I guess that there's no feelings there to connect to him.

The rest of what you wrote, though, has got me thinking. I have a feeling that this dream relates to what's coming up when I finally head back to my old job. There are responsibilities waiting for me...but I don't have 100% clarity on what the situation will be since I'm actually going to lead a different shift than the one I left when I moved to the new job.

I hope this doesn't come out wrong, but in the past (and what I expect upon return), I did a lot of extra work to compensate for some real substandard employees. So much for sugar-coating that! But, it's the truth. Our production was excellent when I carried them, but now that I'm gone it's headed down the tubes. Thing is, I didn't have much choice but to do what I did while there - once the powers that be were informed of the incapabilities of certain employees and chose to not take action, my responsibility to make sure production flowed along remained the same. So, that leaves no choice but to pick up the slack.

So, I wonder if the dream relates to getting back into that role. I expect it, from what I've already heard about the people on the shift that I'll be going to. But is the dream showing me that it could end in disaster?

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:33 pm

I am just about to read your posting, but wanted to let you know I added some content above while you were posting.

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:43 pm

Just my thoughts Mark, please pray on these things. I personally don't think that this means this will end in disaster. I think that this could just be a warning to mentally prepare you for the things ahead so you are in the right frame of mind. I also think that prayer is key here, knowing that if God opens the door for you to go back, then He will have your back.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:44 pm

Even more clarity now, thank you! :)

What you said about it relating to a manager is just what I expect. I'm returning to work for a supervisor that, when hired, was placed upon my shift so that I could teach him. I brought him up to speed enough so he could stay afloat, basically, and our numbers made him look really successful. I really enjoyed working for him; sadly, though, he was moved to his present shift...and I got the joy of training another newbie. This guy, however, did not catch on no matter how many ways I tried to educate him. Our numbers were still good, so he appeared successful. However, once I left, the truth that I warned his boss (my cousin) about came to light. That shift's numbers have really dropped.

The old supervisor that I enjoyed working for had contacted me apart from my cousin during this whole back-and-forth communication that's been going on between my cousin and I. He basically tried to recruit me back to his shift, which was not the original plan...but, it now appears that this is going to be what happens. He knew how to treat employees, even if he didn't fully understand the business, so I have no problem stepping in and serving him again. I can see how he could be the teacher in the dream. The unruly student - I have a good idea who that may be, and it's the one person on that shift that I'm wary of.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:47 pm

I also wanted to ask you what your feeling are about going back to this work place? Are there any fears of your own of sort of 'being stuck', or of this job being a 'dead end' by chance? If so, I am wondering if the ending could just be some fears coming out in your dreams about the change/transition. Just some more thoughts, please pray on these thoughts.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:52 pm

With going back to school, what was a dead-end position becomes a stepping stone to moving up, which the company is really pushing for right now. Thing is, I don't have any idea what will happen. I do have fears about how it will all fall into place (rather, "if").

Lately, I've really been struggling for some type of vision for what the future holds. Not having much of an idea feeds those fears.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:05 pm

TheWhiteShadow wrote:Even more clarity now, thank you! :)

What you said about it relating to a manager is just what I expect. I'm returning to work for a supervisor that, when hired, was placed upon my shift so that I could teach him. I brought him up to speed enough so he could stay afloat, basically, and our numbers made him look really successful. I really enjoyed working for him; sadly, though, he was moved to his present shift...and I got the joy of training another newbie. This guy, however, did not catch on no matter how many ways I tried to educate him. Our numbers were still good, so he appeared successful. However, once I left, the truth that I warned his boss (my cousin) about came to light. That shift's numbers have really dropped.

The old supervisor that I enjoyed working for had contacted me apart from my cousin during this whole back-and-forth communication that's been going on between my cousin and I. He basically tried to recruit me back to his shift, which was not the original plan...but, it now appears that this is going to be what happens. He knew how to treat employees, even if he didn't fully understand the business, so I have no problem stepping in and serving him again. I can see how he could be the teacher in the dream. The unruly student - I have a good idea who that may be, and it's the one person on that shift that I'm wary of.

O Im so happy my post brought some clarity to this. :praiseg-d: God is so good!! Knowing the background makes a lot of sense with the dream! I think that God could also be letting you know too, that the people in the dream that seemed helpful could be letting you know they can be trusted to a certain degree. I also believe that when you find out your shift and meet everyone you will be working with, that the Lord will be faithful to reveal to you those you cant trust. I think you will know who the person symbolized in your dream of shooting you is when you meet him/her, giving you the heads up to watch your back around this person. Just some more thoughts of mine to pray on...

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:11 pm

TheWhiteShadow wrote:With going back to school, what was a dead-end position becomes a stepping stone to moving up, which the company is really pushing for right now. Thing is, I don't have any idea what will happen. I do have fears about how it will all fall into place (rather, "if").

This is great that going back to school is going to move you forward within the company!!! Its great though to know that even though you are wondering how it will fall into place, that at least the IF is removed from the picture. Whats neat is with God, as we move forward with Him (even if its uncomfortable), that He is so faithful to put us into places we could never have dreamed of ourselves. Its so true that His plans are much higher than ours. I am a detail person though, so this 'unknown' stuff, is really hard for me to embrace. lol!

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisy on Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:13 pm

TheWhiteShadow wrote:

Lately, I've really been struggling for some type of vision for what the future holds. Not having much of an idea feeds those fears.

I will be praying that God will light the way for your vision in Him!!! I just know great things are in store for you with the Lord!!!! :hooray:

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:24 pm

TheWhiteShadow wrote: Up ahead of us at a major intersection of my town, there seemed to be an incident. There were police cars all around, and the appearance of some kind of accident. We got closer, and it was more than an accident: There was a battle raging. The police were slowly letting people through while dealing with some enemy, and the whole scene was intense - there was shouting all around, guns drawn and fired at a target that must have been behind us. Our turn came to pass through this intersection, and we saw the officers that were directing traffic get gunned down before us. Others rushed up to take their places, and I could see the spray of bullets passing next to us, piercing through the officers' cars. I yelled at the girl to get out of her seat and down onto the floor of the car, as I also saw tiny bullets stream through our vehicle. Somehow, I did the same, and was able to drive through from this position on the floor, all the while seeing the bullets piercing through the car, right where I had just been sitting up in the driver's seat.

This portion of the dream manifested today...thankfully, it wasn't quite the way it was in the dream. However, I truly believe that it COULD have gone this way. Let me update by copying a little e-mail I sent to a friend describing an event from today (this friend reminded me that I even had this dream almost a year ago) -

"My mother and I were heading up Lexington and made a right onto Highway 14...so, we were right in front of Shopko's lot. We hear sirens, and notice an unmarked police car coming from behind us. Everyone got over and the car zipped up right ahead...about 4-5 cars ahead of us. Then...at least 7 more unmarked police cars join the first one. Officers quickly got out of the cars, and one of them pulled out a rifle! Then, another police SUV arrived towing two snowmobiles, and the driver of that one got out, headed to the back of the vehicle, and also grabbed a rifle! Being that close to such an incident was a little nerve-wracking! They quickly detained a male and female in handcuffs, put them in police cars, then began letting traffic head through.

I have no idea what happened, but for such an operation to happen right there, of all places, was pretty wild."

You have to understand that I live in a small city, ~60,000 people where seeing something like this isn't common. When I was sitting in the car, close to the action, and I saw the officers grab rifles and move up ahead...I kept thinking of gunfire and even stray bullets coming at us. I prayed, believe me! Thankfully, there wasn't any shooting at all.

I have to wonder, now, about the rest of this dream.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 10:02 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top