hem of garment

View previous topic View next topic Go down

hem of garment

Post by Deborah on Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:10 pm

I used to sew most of my own clothes irl. SmileyCentral.com
Last night I had a dream I was wearing a wool coat and I was very proud of how it looked. Then, I caught a glimpse of the coat in a mirror, and I saw the bottom hem had detached, threads were dangling everywhere and it looked very awful! To make matters worse, the material had been cut crooked. I was aghast, especially since I knew I had walked around in that coat all day.

Deborah
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: hem of garment

Post by Daisy on Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:21 pm

Hi deborah!! My first thought was of the importance that the Hem of Jesus' garment had, with the woman who was seeking healing for her 12 year condition. But it seems in this case that there is something that needs repairing, that you were unaware of at first. It seemed that once taken a second glance (or maybe looked at from a different perspective), that you noticed the flaw that needed repairing. Maybe this is a dream that you are symbolizing someone else, who is unaware of a repair that needs to be made (for the purpose of praying for them).

Just some thoughts...Does anything come to mind??

Ephesians 2:8,9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Daisy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:33 am

Hello, Deborah -

A thought came to mind from an experience I had when I was a teen. I'm wondering if this dream is about a literal event of embarrassment. Probably not as bad as it seemed in the dream - or, perhaps the dream will help you to take it better.

Just to share - when I was a teen, my girlfriend took me shopping one Saturday before an evening service. I, being the passive boyfriend that I was, let her choose pretty much all the clothes. She was so proud of herself, and I decided to wear one of the outfits to the evening service. I thought I looked pretty good! Someone even asked me if my pants were new - I responded with an enthusiastic "Yes!" only to find out that they were referencing the large sticker still stuck on the pant leg with the size printed on it...and, of course, I'd been wearing it around a lot of people that day. :P

-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Deborah on Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:15 pm

Daisy wrote:Hi deborah!! My first thought was of the importance that the Hem of Jesus' garment had, with the woman who was seeking healing for her 12 year condition. But it seems in this case that there is something that needs repairing, that you were unaware of at first.

Yep, I think this dream has to do with my covering (symbolically speaking) needing repair. Maybe since I sew, it's showing me the Lord will be able to use me to help repair it? I hope so!
Funny story WS!!!!

Deborah
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SisterinChrist on Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:27 pm

Hi deb.. i didnt read everyone's comments yet,,,,

well sewing brings things together to make something whole..& complete "work"
the bible has a few references but i cant recall them right now(sorry)...

but maybe something which u think is sown together is maybe not completed together a yet...

We are all a work in progress,,, nothing is perfect....

SisterinChrist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Deborah on Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:24 pm

Good thought, Sis in Christ!

Deborah
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dreamster on Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:45 pm

nerd um the first werd that came 2 me was ''unraveled''..or werst senario, coming apart at the seems, what ,,the mirrior speaks volumes, :blah: :blah: ,,,i think ur reflecting on theings,an see this deteriation of ur garment,, also a day can = a year in time, holy moly ,, scratching chin ,,,,,,,,,, sweet dreams 2 a t tha taylers woohoo

dreamster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 3:01 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top