Free McDonalds... ALL the time

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Free McDonalds... ALL the time

Post by gracee (lionhgirl) on Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:13 pm

Hi everyone,

I was in McDonald’s paying for my food when my bank card didn't work, I tried a different card and it worked. Then I was sitting at a table eating when someone (like an officer) asked to check my card. I realised it wasn't actually my card, but it had belonged to my old high school teacher & family friend– I didn’t feel bad about having it because he had given it to me. Also it wasn't a bank card but a card that gave me free McDonalds all the time. He was checking my card, and he asked if I was married, I thought it was strange but still answered and said no. Then everything was fine and he walked away. Then I saw my brother and his girlfriend sitting outside, so I went to join them. I was telling them about this card, I was pretty happy about it and we began eating together.

I've read up on people's dreams of food and how it relates to spiritual food - so the fact that this is fast food doesn't seem to be very comforting..

Thanks for any thoughts/comments!

gracee (lionhgirl)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Free McDonalds... ALL the time

Post by Deborah on Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:36 pm

This is what comes to my mind:
Isaiah 55:1 and 2
Ho! Everyone who thirsts, come to the waters; and you who have no money, come buy and eat. Yes, come, buy wine and milk without money and without price. Why do you spend money for what is not bread and your wages for what does not satisfy? Listen carefully to Me, and eat what is good, and let your soul delight itself in abundance.

These verses were an invitation to God's people who had come out of Babylon. They were to detach themselves from Babylon's influences, the footnote in my Bible says, so they could enjoy his gracious abundant meal. I know I woke up to this verse several years ago when God was dealing with me about eating junk food. In your case though, God just might be showing his abundant provision for you.

Deborah
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:33 am

lionheartedgirl wrote:I've read up on people's dreams of food and how it relates to spiritual food - so the fact that this is fast food doesn't seem to be very comforting..

Oddly enough, fast food IS usually comfort food. It's also based on convenience. It really requires little work on our end, and could have questionable nutritional value - but not always!

I wonder if the dream is meant to tell you that you'll always be spiritually fed, all your life. You'll never have to worry about spiritually starving. HOWEVER...if you ever want the really good stuff, you'll have to put forth the effort towards obtaining something especially nourishing.

-Mark

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gracee (lionhgirl) on Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:13 pm

Thankyou both!! I've taken something from what you've said here.. This has well and truly manifested in this last week, I'd been so busy I didn't even realise it til now. Looking back, it amazes me. I feel like I should share what this means to me, I mean it might help someone. It's really a testament of God's provision.

For at least a month, I'd been waiting for some funds to come through and because of some backed-up paperwork it was taking a lot longer than expected. I'd been praying about it and God was helping me through people helping me out in small ways and this in itself was amazing. But each day was still a struggle as I didn't know how long this was going to take. The day before this dream I was literally down to my last few dollars.. Needless to say this was all very stressful. The day of this dream, or maybe the day after, God led me to go to this place that owed me money, and I can't even explain how this happened, its just all God - somehow I was able to speak to someone who could hurry up the process. The lady told me the funds would go through the next day (!!!) I nearly fainted in that lady's office.. I didn't think of this applying to this dream until I read your verse Deborah! see how perfect it was? :) that's just the first part..

So also around this time I couldn't find my bible - this may sound like a small thing but really it was huge! it's something that's normally on my bedside table, and usually the last thing I read before going to sleep. Because I was so busy and stressed and really unaware that I was spiritually hungry, i just turned to other spiritual 'fast food' - like you said Mark just not the good stuff! Anyways, yesterday I found my bible, read your comments here and Deborah - this was the 2nd or 3rd time someone has mentioned the exile/Babylon to me, somehow that led me to Ezekiel - on that page was a devotional called ‘soul food’ which spoke of the spiritual nutrition of God’s word!! I couldn’t help but laugh! and then I cried for a long long time. haha. Sorry this is so long but I couldn't not say all this. God is faithful to provide.. ALL the time. He really is.

gracee (lionhgirl)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWhiteShadow on Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:18 pm

How awesome is all of that! Just fantastic! Thanks for sharing, Lionheartedgirl.

TheWhiteShadow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Deborah on Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:22 pm

Awesome!!!! I just knew that was the Holy Spirit leading me to those verses! He's the One Who gets all the praise!!!!

Deborah
Mighty Member
Mighty Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 2:35 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top